Interior/Exterior LED lights installed PICS

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TPAYNE
Hi guys,
so ive been wanting to convert all of my hvac controls/speedo gauge clusters to blue so they will match the other blue i already have going on inside. I can figure out the gauge cluster but the hvac controls are giving me more trouble, even though ive heard that's the easy part.. i took the whole console completely apart down to the green switchboard and i cant find any bulbs? is is just a green overlay thats emitting that colored light or are the bulbs actually green? any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
There are 16 little tiny LED units (flat surface mounted) in the HVAC control. No bulbs, just took mine apart to see (07 FX4). This is the manual unit I should say, not the auto. one.

Last edited by sam1947; 12-01-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks awesome! I so want to do this to my 03 KR now! I can only imagine how that'll look with the leather! Christmas project...

Old 12-01-2011, 11:49 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Milt IV
Yes the part #s and counts I listed are the exact same for you because you have the 2 lights up front and 3 lights in the rear. It is different for those with sunroofs and those with regular cabs. Yours require the exact same as mine. You need 1 pack, 2 bulbs, (194), from my first link and 3 packs, 3 bulbs, (211), from my second link. You will probably have to pinch the tabs that hold the lights in place together a little bit to get them to hold the 211s tightly. That is what we all had to do. I am basing all of this off the research I did in the 04-08 led interior thread. You can do more research if you don't trust mine. Here is the link, all 52 pages of it.
https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...-complete.html
Thanks a lot man! I'm probably gonna place my order sometime within the next week! Gave anymore thought to when you want me to smoke those lenses?

Old 12-02-2011, 12:43 AM
Originally Posted by Lifted5.4Lariat
Thanks a lot man! I'm probably gonna place my order sometime within the next week! Gave anymore thought to when you want me to smoke those lenses?
Probably right after christmas. My awesome brother just sold the ones out from under me I was gonna buy from him so now I have to find the extra set to send to you.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by Smitha6
Looks awesome! I so want to do this to my 03 KR now! I can only imagine how that'll look with the leather! Christmas project...
Yeah it will make your king ranch leather look pretty cool I bet. I know it sure lights my FX2 leather up nicely.

Old 12-02-2011, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by Milt IV
Probably right after christmas. My awesome brother just sold the ones out from under me I was gonna buy from him so now I have to find the extra set to send to you.
Dang that sucks.. Just let me know when you want to go through with it.

Old 12-03-2011, 04:24 PM
So I bought the 921 from Superbright for the cargo lights and they dont work. They appear to be too large and do not stay in place when clipped into the light.

Anyone help me out?

Old 12-03-2011, 04:32 PM
I tried those lights for the cargo and go almost no light in the bed itself. Can you get a pic of how it lights yours up? I have a line-x which might make a difference.

Also have you replaced the puddle lights (if you have them?) I really want to do those sometime soon.

Old 12-03-2011, 08:44 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by trappedinside34
So I bought the 921 from Superbright for the cargo lights and they dont work. They appear to be too large and do not stay in place when clipped into the light.

Anyone help me out?
What MY truck? Link to the specific ones you bought?

Old 12-03-2011, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by Raptor05121
What MY truck? Link to the specific ones you bought?
The same ones that you posted to order, I tried plugging them in but they dont go in all the way. one little tap and they fall out.

Old 12-05-2011, 02:40 AM
Originally Posted by trappedinside34

Anyone help me out?
I had to trim those little ridges off the plastic part that holds the bulb with a pair of dikes. They fit right in after that. I think I might have had to press the connectors a little closer together to hold the bulb in there better, just like with the 211 in the back maps/dome.

Originally Posted by Damn Dirty Ape
I tried those lights for the cargo and go almost no light in the bed itself. Can you get a pic of how it lights yours up? I have a line-x which might make a difference.

Also have you replaced the puddle lights (if you have them?) I really want to do those sometime soon.
I don't really know how much light mine put off in the bed. I know they are bright as heck when looking at the lights themselves. I just did it for an appearance mod, I'm rarely in the bed of my truck in the dark.

I'm not sure what you mean by "puddle lights".

Old 12-06-2011, 03:39 PM
hey Milt, i got an '07 FX2 no sunroof with the rail. I assume the front map lights (194) would be the same as the back map lights, but you went with 3 211 bulbs? So the dome bulb is the same as the map bulb in the back, but different than the ones in the front?

Puddle lights are lights on your mirror that light up the ground when you step out of your truck i believe...

BTW, anyone got a coupon code for V-LEDS right now? it will help me with the 20$ shipping charge since I'm over the border but only 2 hour drive away

Old 12-06-2011, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by Kayslay
hey Milt, i got an '07 FX2 no sunroof with the rail. I assume the front map lights (194) would be the same as the back map lights, but you went with 3 211 bulbs? So the dome bulb is the same as the map bulb in the back, but different than the ones in the front?

Puddle lights are lights on your mirror that light up the ground when you step out of your truck i believe...

BTW, anyone got a coupon code for V-LEDS right now? it will help me with the 20$ shipping charge since I'm over the border but only 2 hour drive away
Yeah for some reason the bulbs in the back all use the same 211 even though the center is technically a "dome light" and the outer two are technically "map lights". The front two "map lights" take the 194.

Keep in mind this pertains to the 2009-2010 SCREW with no sunroof. I advise everyone to pop the covers off their lights and get a physical count on the bulbs and look at the type of bulbs they are. It takes all of 1 min to check the front and back. The light configurations vary between models, years, and even trim levels in some cases. Better safe than sorry. Physically looking combined with a lot of research, is how I ensured I bought the right stuff the first time.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:45 PM
yeah I was clicking through that 52 pg thread you posted and it seems there are many different possibilities. I'll just pop off the covers and have a look myself thx

Old 12-09-2011, 04:37 PM
I just did this to my 2010 Scab and was amazed at the difference. I originally used a 3chip 5 led 194 for the front map lights, but was did not have the light output that i was looking for so i swapped them out for a 2watt 4 led that are aimed straight down and got exactly what i was looking for with the 4 led 578 festoon bulb in the rear. I ended up putting the other 194's in the license plate spot since i had no other use for them and was also impressed with the light output over the incandescent.

For the rear dome lights i used these: http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED-B...-p9454129.html

The license plate i used these: http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED-B...-p9722412.html

and finally the front map lights i used these: http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED-B...-p8761053.html

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior LED lights installed PICS