My HID fog bulbs dont seal

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My HID fog bulbs dont seal

I have a set of DDM Tuning HID's and the bulb doesnt seem to lock into place like the OEM bulbs do. They only turn enough to not fall out but im getting humidity in there. Is there anything that can be done to make them fall into place. I dont see why they would be any different that the OEM ones

Old 09-08-2011, 12:47 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
What bulb base did you buy? Can you post a picture?

Old 09-08-2011, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bulbs are from DDM. I can get a pic during the day tomorrow. What can be done to fix this. I also notice that the headlight bulbs doesnt fully turn either. The white probe looking thing on the bulb it not completely facing down. It's at a bit of an angle.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:53 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
The ignition return wire doesn't have to be pointing down. Its redundant since you aren't going to get a great cutoff by using HIDs in a halogen reflector anyway.

The reason I ask for a pic is to verify that it is a PY20d base. Sometimes manufacturers like to use oversize O-rings and they won't allow you to get a firm lock. If it isn't either of these cases, its just a form of mass-produced items with little quality control, which isn't hard to believe since HID capsules are meant to only come on D1S/D2S/D3S/etc/etc sockets only. These are just rebased on a halogen socket so don't expect too much.

Quick Reply: My HID fog bulbs dont seal