Darker Stock Fog Lense / Housings 06 Screw ???

Old 04-13-2011, 05:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Darker Stock Fog Lense / Housings 06 Screw ???

I did a search on this and couldn't find anything soooooo .....

I'm looking at swapping out the stock headlight capsules on my '06 Screw with the Harley capsules from ebay. When I do this I'd like to darken the stock fog lens as well but I can't find Harley fog lenses / covers anywhere - d they exist? If not I guess I could give niteshades a shot but I'd rather drop in something that is a darkened material as opposed to coating the stock fog covers. TIA

Old 04-13-2011, 06:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You could try popping off the covers and painting the top and bottom parts of of the reflector. Doesn't really affect output (since you don't paint the main reflective bowl), and makes the fogs look "dark" from a distance.

I'm sure someone will come along a post a link for you...

Old 04-13-2011, 11:21 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Someone did this a while back in the 2004-2005 fogs. If you nightshade the fogs, the heat will cause it to peel immediately, not to mention when its lit up the fog light will look purple.

Old 04-13-2011, 01:57 PM

Nobody uses fog lights for their designed purpose anymore. I just don't get it.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:48 AM
Don't need to here, unless you're out at 2-3 in the morning. At least that's usually when I see it, when it does happen to roll by.

If I drove enough in conditions where I constantly needed fog lights, I'd just get dedicated aftermarket ones. I'd consider what I have in mine more like "fill" lights, filling in the darkish area right in front of the bumper when I had halogens in the lows.

Now, they don't seem to make a difference, so I just don't turn them on because of their low, eye level mounting. About the only time I'd really consider turning them on would be in really dense fog, and only to increase my visibility to others.

Old 04-14-2011, 02:01 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Fog lights aren't designed like they used to. Back in the 70's they were large, 7" Cibie fog lights mounted to the grille with fluted selective-yellow lenses. THOSE were fog lights. These tiny, pathetic excuses for a light are just for manufacturers to charge you another $200 for the option and make your "model" more superior than a base model.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Darker Stock Fog Lense / Housings 06 Screw ???