F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Illumination & Lighting (https://www.f150online.com/forums/illumination-lighting-131/)
-   -   light bar and reverse camera (https://www.f150online.com/forums/illumination-lighting/439777-light-bar-reverse-camera.html)

DanielWalker10 01-29-2011 05:33 PM

light bar and reverse camera

hey what are you guys doing that have light bars and reverse cameras? i want to put a light bar on our 08 KR but the cord to the reverse camera blocks off about 2 red leds and one white reverse leds depending on which angle your at. being picky i cant stand that. lol is there i way to drill a hole above the light bar and run the cable through there? i dont want to cut the wires and be splicing them back together. just some input is needed, maybe some pics.

p.s. i dont have the light bar yet, just held up my buddies new one to see how bad the cord obstructed the leds. thanks in advance fella's

:beers:

DarkShadowSTX 01-29-2011 05:58 PM

Drill all you want, its your truck. lol
Depends on which led lightbar you get, you may end up with some of the leds not working anyway because of a cheaply made lightbar.

Stealth 01-29-2011 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by DarkShadowSTX (Post 4478202)
Drill all you want, its your truck. lol
Depends on which led lightbar you get, you may end up with some of the leds not working anyway because of a cheaply made lightbar.

Recon comes to mind... I had one of their crappy light bars...

DarkShadowSTX 01-29-2011 08:52 PM

Recon bashing again huh? My Recon Xtreme works great and I've had it for over a year.

DanielWalker10 01-30-2011 02:35 AM

Lol I did have any problems with my recon either? Lol I just wanted reverse lights and got a good deal on a anzo light bar that works flawlessly as well. My recon never had a bit of trouble. But does anybody know of any connections in the reverse camera wire which would keep me from cutting it? I would go out and look but the trucks 300 miles away right about now. Lol

DarkShadowSTX 01-30-2011 07:18 AM

Don't be lazy, you can walk. lol
I don't know anything about the reverse cameras. My cameras are old fashioned, I think they are referred to as mirrors. lol Post a pic when you get a chance, or you could take this topic over to the electrical section and I'm sure Scully will chime in. He knows his stuff and I always see threads where he always has a diagram for every electrical wire there is.

DanielWalker10 01-30-2011 12:20 PM

Lol ok I guess I could wait till the truck gets back. I was just gunna order it so it would be here when it got back. My 04 camera is only mirrors too. Lol but hey we have 3 of em! Well I only have two basically since my back window is so dang dark

Stealth 01-30-2011 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by DarkShadowSTX (Post 4478378)
Recon bashing again huh? My Recon Xtreme works great and I've had it for over a year.

Not bashing, just sharing. People need to know the highs and lows of a product.

None of their stuff I've had was quality for the price. The Recon led 3rd I had the board was separating from the light. Granted that was no big deal to fix, it's the principle behind having to do that for the price I paid for it.

Not a fan of their low quality product and I'll share that info when I please.

DarkShadowSTX 01-30-2011 01:35 PM

No problem Stealth, I just found it funny how that it's the second time you said that in only a few days. I understand everyone has different experiences with the same products. :beers:

Stealth 01-30-2011 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by DarkShadowSTX (Post 4478917)
No problem Stealth, I just found it funny how that it's the second time you said that in only a few days. I understand everyone has different experiences with the same products. :beers:

Well, when it was working properly I was very happy with my Recon line of fire. :lol:

DarkShadowSTX 01-30-2011 02:25 PM

Well, just thought of it. I had a set of Recon Platinum Blue headlight bulbs that lasted about 6 months before the one burnt out. I guess I had a bad Recon product at one time too.

DanielWalker10 02-04-2011 06:52 PM

i installed there platinum blue ones one a buddies truck about 4 months ago and so far he still likes them. its a chevy so its only a single filament low beam not a dual filament like ours.