Welcome to the Illumination & Lighting Sub-Forum!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 12:33 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by thanson
I have a 02 F150 Super Crew with 120K miles. Been a great truck but no0w having little issues.

One now is that I have no headlights unless the selector is in the far CW position. When in automatic mode (far CCW postion), no headlights and no cluster lights. I checked the below dash and under hood fuses and all good. Then replaced the light switch and still will not work.

Anybody have any clues???? Couyld it be the light sensor stuck on???

Thx
You posted your question in an announcement thread. You will be more likely to get the help you need if you start your own thread, asking your question.

Old 10-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know how to change the bulb that illuminates the 6 radio station select buttons on a 2007 F150 Lariat. Radio is e/w 6 slot CD.

Don Wetmore

Old 11-17-2011, 08:26 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Well, we're at 11 months with this subforum and I think its been a great success in helping people with mods and problems alike. There are a lot of great contributors to the section (SSCULLY, mSall, powerz, daniel, pizzaman, milt, and anyone else I may be forgetting) and I thank you guys for answering and helping out where I cannot. Special thanks back to RP and other mods for keeping up the site!

Last edited by Raptor05121; 11-17-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:03 PM
how do i adjust my headlights on my 2003 f150?

Old 11-28-2011, 10:55 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by fyrfytersmith
how do i adjust my headlights on my 2003 f150?
You need a headlight adjustment tool. Lisle makes one (~$15) or you can do it manually, but you have to take the headlight out, adjust it by hand and reinstall. PITA.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:56 PM
Anyone tell me how to fix tag lights?

1995 Ford F150 .. IF the bulb keeps blowing out .. this is the second one i put in.. Is there a fuse or wiring i should be looking at instead?

Old 10-29-2020, 10:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 F150 Instrument Cluster backlighting

I noticed over time that there were lighting dead spots on the cluster. No lighting for oil pressure, gap in speedo and tach. After disassembling the cluster, the cluster motherboard has no readily replaceable components, i.e. bulbs. The backlighting is accomplished through surface mount LEDs on the motherboard. I am an electrical engineer and I deal with searching for electronic parts frequently. Mouser Electronics in one of several mail-order electronics businesses around. I searched on there and discovered that a company called OSRAM supplies a lot of their LED inventory. Poking around on the OSRAM website, I was able to find what I thought would be a comparable replacement for the cluster. Mouser stocked them. I ordered 10, received them, and replaced the dead LEDs on the motherboard. I have complete cluster backlighting now. The Mouser part no. for the LED is LCB E6SG-AABB, PLCC-4 Blue Power TOPLED. They are about 0.60 cents each. Now, you can replace them yourself, BUT you need a small pencil tip soldering iron, preferably one that is temperature controlled. You don't want to burn the motherboard or lift pads. Next, you need flux and small size solder wick to remove the old LEDs. Fortunately I have these where I work. Pay attention to the orientation of the component. A magnifying glass is helpful. One corner of the LED is cropped. Make sure to orient the new LED the same way as the old LED is. Note: I had to guess the position of the gauge needles to get them correctly situated. For me, the gas gauge is the most important. You may want to run your vehicle until the gas gauge needle points to halfway before beginning.

The following users liked this post:

Quick Reply: Welcome to the Illumination & Lighting Sub-Forum!