Ford Fusion HVAC issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 01:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Fusion HVAC issues

I'm reaching out here for some help (yes I realize this is an f150 forum, but the fusion forums aren't that active).

2012 Fusion, SE with manual climate controls, 169,000 miles

Last week my A/C would intermittently blow hot air then cold air. Hot as in heater temperature hot. When first started, it blew heater temperature air, I shut car off and turned back on and it was blowing ice cold again. I have about a 30 minute ride home and it would intermittent hot and cold air...few minutes hot and then few minutes cold.

Today, it is blowing straight hot air, as in heater hot again. No cold air today. There is no temperature change when you move the temperature control from one extreme to the other.

When turning AC on/off I think I can here/feel the compressor kick on and off but I wouldn't swear by it.

I haven't had time to check the Freon levels in compressor. Since it is blowing hot/heater air temps, would that lean more toward a blend door issue?

Old 06-29-2017, 02:35 PM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
Since it is blowing hot/heater air temps, would that lean more toward a blend door issue?
Absolutely, it has nothing to do with refrigerant levels.

Your possible suspects are the blend actuator module, the EMTC module, and the interconnecting wiring.