2008 F150 SCrew floor vents anemic

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 12:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 F150 SCrew floor vents anemic

2008 F150 5.4 XLT 4wd SCrew.

The following problem has been going on since the truck was new. I live where it is hot- not cold, so the lack of floor heater isn't a huge issue. However, I am sick of it.

My problem: putting the HVAC system to the floor vents, with the fan on high, means I can't feel anything significant.

In winter, when it is blowing heat, I put it on the floor vent and can't feel anything on my feet or in my mesh shoes.

I put it to dash vents and it blows my hair back.

Back to floor and anemic air pressure.

Is this normal?

Maybe it is related to shooting air through those tubes for the under seat foot heaters for the rear seats?

Please let me know

Old 09-24-2015, 01:07 PM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bczrx
2008 F150 5.4 XLT 4wd SCrew.

The following problem has been going on since the truck was new. I live where it is hot- not cold, so the lack of floor heater isn't a huge issue. However, I am sick of it.

My problem: putting the HVAC system to the floor vents, with the fan on high, means I can't feel anything significant.

In winter, when it is blowing heat, I put it on the floor vent and can't feel anything on my feet or in my mesh shoes.

I put it to dash vents and it blows my hair back.

Back to floor and anemic air pressure.

Is this normal?

Maybe it is related to shooting air through those tubes for the under seat foot heaters for the rear seats?

Please let me know
Good afternoon bczrx,

I'm not able to answer your technical questions directly, as I'm not a trained technician. I recommend making an appointment with a Ford Dealer, which you may locate here.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Todd

Quick Reply: 2008 F150 SCrew floor vents anemic