2010 F150 Lariat blend door problem.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 08:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 F150 Lariat blend door problem

I also am having the same problem. The passenger side adjust correctly but the driver's side has heat coming out.Whether heat or ac is in use, driver's side is hot. Mine has the dual control, screen monitor/control. Has anyone had any luck finding what the actual problem is? Help!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-03-2015, 08:57 PM
LBT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello everyone. I finally got it fixed. The second time to the dealer they said it was the dash control unit instead of the actuator. Wish they would have told me that the first time but they did not charge me any diagnosis and only charged me a 1/2 hour the first time. I could have fixed it myself but since they already had it for the day I had them change it out. It has been about a week now and all seems to be well. Hope this helps someone out there.

Old 04-03-2015, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by LBT
Hello everyone. I finally got it fixed. The second time to the dealer they said it was the dash control unit instead of the actuator. Wish they would have told me that the first time but they did not charge me any diagnosis and only charged me a 1/2 hour the first time. I could have fixed it myself but since they already had it for the day I had them change it out. It has been about a week now and all seems to be well. Hope this helps someone out there.
Thank you LBT. This does shed some light on the subject. It looks like my actuactor is working properly. I guess I need to research the dash control unit now. Was it expensive?

Old 04-04-2015, 12:48 PM
LBT
The part was $400 and the labor was $200 for a total of $600 at the dealer. I found the part at Tasca Ford Parts online and there are several depending on what options your truck has but they were <$300.

Old 04-11-2015, 09:43 AM
Part number

LBT, do you have navigation in your truck? If so, do you have the part number for the dash control? Thanks, Bob F
Originally Posted by LBT
The part was $400 and the labor was $200 for a total of $600 at the dealer. I found the part at Tasca Ford Parts online and there are several depending on what options your truck has but they were <$300.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:19 PM
2010 Lariat here with dual zone and navigation. For the past year I heard something groaning back there when changing from defroster, dash vents or floor vents.

Now I can only get full heat from the passenger side dash vents when trying to get cool fresh air. GRRR! What would you replace first?

Old 04-14-2015, 09:52 AM
LBT
My truck has the cooled and heated seats, rear defroster, and no navigation. The part number is al3z19980p. So far so good now.

Old 06-23-2015, 09:50 PM
LBT
Just in case someones reads this I did finally get this resolved. It was the computer control behind the center dash panel. Runs about $300 for the part and another $300 for labor.

Old 12-01-2015, 09:08 AM
I have 2010 F150 Lariat with dual temperature control. Both the driver side and passenger side only blow cold air. Checked the heater hoses and inlet and outlet hoses run warm when at running temperature. Changing the the temperature setting does not seem to raise or lower the air temperature that is blowing.

Researching online and was thinking it might be the blend door actuator and see that there are two for the truck. Because both sides are blowing cold I question how both would have gone bad at the same time. Since both temperature controls seem to do nothing I don't think it is the control *****.

Any suggestions? I don't really want to spend $1000 taking it to the dealer. In Texas I don't need heat often but it is nice to have it when needed.

Old 12-01-2015, 10:43 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
Go back and get a better assessment of the temperature of the inlet and outlet heater hoses when the engine is fully warmed up. Describing them that they "run warm" doesn't tell us enough, they should both be HOT, in the order of 180F+.

Old 01-24-2016, 04:49 PM
Can someone tell me how to test the dash control unit?

I have a 2010 with dual air, heat/cooled seats and heated rear glass.

Passenger side blows cold air on all settings. Drivers side is just fine. I have replaced the blend door actuator and nothing changed. I have done the calibration again, but held my hand on the actuator during the process. While I could hear (presume drivers door) movement I couldn't feel any vibration on the actuator itself.

So I am thinking the actuator is fine and it may not be getting the signal from the dash control unit(?).

Old 10-11-2017, 12:28 AM
computer control?

Originally Posted by LBT
Just in case someones reads this I did finally get this resolved. It was the computer control behind the center dash panel. Runs about $300 for the part and another $300 for labor.
Hey LBT, you mentioned a part number for the actual control unit (*****, buttons etc) previously and now the "computer control"..... Is this the same part you're referring to or is there another part number that we could be looking for?

cheers,

Dave

Old 10-11-2017, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by DarkPony
Hey LBT, you mentioned a part number for the actual control unit (*****, buttons etc) previously and now the "computer control"..... Is this the same part you're referring to or is there another part number that we could be looking for?

cheers,

Dave
Mine turned out to be the computer as well. I believe my part number was al3z19980p. I would definitely check your year and trim level as they could be different. There was also a core charge on the old one.

Old 10-11-2017, 07:25 PM
glc
Received 758 Likes on 702 Posts
That's what I posted in the other thread - item #17 on this page:

https://www.tascaparts.com/auto-part.../controls-scat

Didn't you see that?

Old 10-17-2017, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by glc
That's what I posted in the other thread - item #17 on this page:

https://www.tascaparts.com/auto-part.../controls-scat

Didn't you see that?
I did see that listing but I guess I'm just a bit confused with the description... is the entire **** & control panel assembly what you're referring to when you say "computer " ?

cheers,
Dave

Quick Reply: 2010 F150 Lariat blend door problem.