2010 FX4 Blend Door Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 12:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 FX4 Blend Door Problem?

Earlier this week when I had the AC on and set at 60 the air on the drivers side is very cold and it feels like the passengers side is blowing ambient air regardless if the passenger controls were on or off and the temp setting. Today the truck would have no air blowing through the dash vents when I first turn it on even with the ac set on max but would eventually after a few seconds slowly start blowing through the vents and can be adjusted to the floor and back correctly after that. I have no clicking noises behind the dash when changing the temp for the drivers side or using the passenger controls. Does this indicate a blend door problem, a HVAC temperature control panel problem, or something else?

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated!
Tony

Old 07-16-2015, 09:59 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tonyf
Earlier this week when I had the AC on and set at 60 the air on the drivers side is very cold and it feels like the passengers side is blowing ambient air regardless if the passenger controls were on or off and the temp setting...
Welcome to the forum, Tony! Are you going to try to do this repair yourself? If you decide to have your dealership take a look, come back and tell us the results; I'll be able to investigate options once they've inspected. How many miles are on your truck?

Crystal

Old 07-16-2015, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by FordService
Welcome to the forum, Tony! Are you going to try to do this repair yourself? If you decide to have your dealership take a look, come back and tell us the results; I'll be able to investigate options once they've inspected. How many miles are on your truck?

Crystal
Thank you!

I can handle the repair myself depending on which blend door it is.... if that is even the problem. I do not want to throw parts at it until I fix it.

The truck is a 2010 F150 FX4 SCREW with 89,400 miles. Dual air controls, heated seats with rear defrost if you need that info.

Thank you for your help!
Tony

Old 07-16-2015, 10:32 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tonyf
Thank you!

I can handle the repair myself depending on which blend door it is.... if that is even the problem. I do not want to throw parts at it until I fix it.

The truck is a 2010 F150 FX4 SCREW with 89,400 miles. Dual air controls, heated seats with rear defrost if you need that info.

Thank you for your help!
Tony
Thanks for the quick reply, Tony! Keep us posted as things progress; if you run into any speed bumps, I'd recommend going ahead and making an appointment at your dealership. I'll continue to hang around this thread to see when you have any news.

Crystal

Old 07-16-2015, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by FordService
Thanks for the quick reply, Tony! Keep us posted as things progress; if you run into any speed bumps, I'd recommend going ahead and making an appointment at your dealership. I'll continue to hang around this thread to see when you have any news.

Crystal
Crystal,

I am being told it may be either the HVAC module, the actuator, or the control unit. The control unit is rare to have this problem so it should be either the HVAC module or the actuator. Can you offer any suggestions?

Old 07-16-2015, 05:14 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
Crystal is a customer service rep, not a tech. Her suggestion will be to go see a dealer and go from there.

Old 07-16-2015, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by glc
Crystal is a customer service rep, not a tech. Her suggestion will be to go see a dealer and go from there.
Thanks glc. I am trying to keep from going to one of my local dealers and paying an outrageous price when I can do the work myself. I just need some help troubleshooting the problem.

Old 07-18-2015, 07:33 PM
LBT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had the same problem on my 2010. I replaced the blend door actuator a couple of times to no avail. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the controller behind the center dash. The part is about $300. It is an easy diy project if you know for sure that is the problem.

The following users liked this post:
Old 09-27-2017, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by LBT
I had the same problem on my 2010. I replaced the blend door actuator a couple of times to no avail. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the controller behind the center dash. The part is about $300. It is an easy diy project if you know for sure that is the problem.

Would you happen to have a part number for that controller LBT ?
I have changed both my passenger (upper) and drivers (lower) actuators but am still having a "full heat" situation on the drivers side regardless of where the temp is set. I ramp it up then down and sometimes get cooler air.... the passenger side is fine. I also have sporatic AC functionality.

cheers,

Dave

Old 09-27-2017, 10:53 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
The following users liked this post:
Old 12-30-2017, 09:31 PM
I a man looking for an answer to the original question does anyone happen to have an answer to that.

Old 02-27-2018, 11:01 PM
So I’ve been having the same issues on the passenger side. No heat. Based on the threads and the popping noise it was very obviously the blend door actuator behind the radio. A repair shop “fixed” the actuator in that it doesn’t pop anymore but still no heat on passenger side. Has anyone else had this happen? They are trying to tell me that it’s not related to the actuator they replaced but based off of the huge amount of threads describing the exact same issue/solution I’m thinking they just didn’t fix it right. Am I stupid if I take their word at face value on this one?

Old 02-28-2018, 06:26 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
If you are getting hot air out of the driver side, chances are it is the blend door.

Old 03-30-2018, 04:56 AM
I want to know if you got it fixed. I have a 2010 Lariat with dual climate control its hot on passenger side but driver side works fine hot and cold . I have replaced the blend door actuator behind radio 2 times still same thing

Old 09-19-2018, 02:10 PM
Hi I have question with maybe same problem. I have F-150 2012 5.0L but my problem is i cant change door position, i have only vent front me... i cant have deffrost, cant have floor down vent, and yes i look for door module and is ok. can i have take out the dash for see if door is broken??? Thank for your help.

Quick Reply: 2010 FX4 Blend Door Problem?