"Hot" air from A/C

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 06:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you don't have anything constructive to add...

Originally Posted by Roadie
I'm sure the guy who started this post 15 years ago appreciates your answers today
I'm sure they guy who started this thread hasn't given it a second thought, but that's neither here nor there.

Seems like your perspective could use a little work. Find a thread on that.

I never post anything but, because I appreciate the answers found here, I felt compelled to comment on your post which was unnecessary at best.

Posts that don't add value waste everybody's time. Get a hobby.

The following users liked this post:
Old 08-16-2017, 06:52 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
Interesting first post.........

Old 08-16-2017, 07:16 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Originally Posted by skaterchick
I'm sure they guy who started this thread hasn't given it a second thought, but that's neither here nor there.

Seems like your perspective could use a little work. Find a thread on that.

I never post anything but, because I appreciate the answers found here, I felt compelled to comment on your post which was unnecessary at best.

Posts that don't add value waste everybody's time. Get a hobby.
Hey go complain (to someone else) about your ex-husband.

Old 07-23-2020, 06:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What fixed my problem

Originally Posted by Roger Lariat
Okay, I found where the actuator is. It is located behind the glove box. I can hear the actuator motor running when I alter the temperature control, but no change in the temp occurs.
How do I get to the actuator door? Do I remove all of the glove box and housing?

------------------
1997 F150 S/C Lariat
White/Beige
K&N Air Filter, Bosch +4
Pendaliner, Luverne grill guard
4.L , Flowmaster 40 S/O S/O

So I have a 94 5L f150 (The Green Bastard) and until 2 days ago I never had a working AC pulley/pump. Ever since I have owned the truck, I have just bypassed the AC pulley. So I got a 2nd hand one from a friend and installed it. After installing I had to recharge the system (super easy). After recharging the system, everything seemed to be running fine. The compressor and pump were working and you could feel the low pressure line was ice cold, but unfortunately I still had hot air coming out of my vents. I then located the blender door and cable behind the glove box. The cable was not moving at all as I adjusted the temp, so the door was always open to hot. I simply took a screw driver and just pushed the door/cable to the left to close it. Now if I want hot air again, I just have to open the door back up by pushing it to the right. I hope this helps other people with their Ac problems. Also I should mention that my vacuum line coming off of the little pump that opens and closes the vents, was falling apart, so I bought a new 1ft section of line from Home Depot and fixed that issue after install

Quick Reply: "Hot" air from A/C