AC blower no power. Replaced relay, fuses good. Frustrated

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 05:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AC blower no power. Replaced relay, fuses good. Frustrated

I'm beyond frustrated. I have a 98 f150 4.6. The AC blower is not getting power. . I have been reading everything I can. And tried everything I have learned. And still can't figure this out. I replaced the relay by the gas pedal. Put a new resistor on. Checked every fuse I could find. Still there is no power. I tested for power at the connector for the AC control. And it's not getting power. But when I turn the dial you can hear the AC clutch kick in. And when switching from panel, AC, high ,low. I can hear the system switching over. I took the blower motor off. And checked it. And it ran fine. I even bought a new one and plugged up. Still nothing..
What else can I try? Any advice and help would be amazing. I'm in Florida. And this winter has been hot. And being a landscaper. AC saves my sunburnt toosh thanks in advance

Old 12-27-2016, 08:00 PM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
The AC blower is not getting power. .
Um, how do you know that? Perhaps it's not getting ground.

I tested for power at the connector for the AC control. And it's not getting power.
Where and how did you test that?

Put a new resistor on.
The resistor cannot cause your symptom, it can only cause a loss of speeds 1-3 as speed #4 bypasses the resistor.

But when I turn the dial you can hear the AC clutch kick in.
The clutch and the blower have nothing in common electrically.

And when switching from panel, AC, high ,low. I can hear the system switching over.
Those are all operated by vacuum, not electricity.

There are only TWO fuses that can keep the blower from operating, F23 under the hood (ALWAYS HOT) and F24 under the dash (HOT IN RUN). None of the rest matter.

Old 12-27-2016, 08:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your response . I'm by no means a mechanic. But a pretty good parts changer if I know something is broke. I just try reading these forums. And learn by what others have done. The only I have used to check for power. Is the lil pin with a light inside and a roach clip attached. I took the blower out. Bought a new one hooked it up. Nothing. So I left the new blower connected. And replaced the relay. I have checked every fuse in the truck . That I could find. And they all seem to be good. I then took the old blower. And hooked it up to a battery charger. And it worked fine. So the last thing I did. Was take out the AC control panel. Looked for any signs of bad connections. I disco yes the electrical harness. And used the tester to see if it was getting power. And couldn't get the light to come on. And that's where I'm at right now.
Any other recommendations or things I should check? I was thinking of taking it to a Ford dealer. And have them diagnose the issue. And maybe I could do the work..Thanks again

Old 12-27-2016, 09:56 PM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
I don't see any answers to any of the questions asked.

This is a technical exercise, you have to use SPECIFIC answers,like EXACTLY where, what, and how things were tested.