Intermittent Heat

Old 04-05-2007, 06:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intermittent Heat

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has comes across this prob. Turned heater on this afternoon and blower is working good but blowing like there's no air to be had, hollow sounding I guess, little heat coming from def, panel, floor, etc. Then coming home tonight the heater is on and blowing air like crazy (normal), good and hot. Sounds like it's pushing air as it should be. Things I noticed was a gurgling sound after shutoff. I burped more air out of system but still may be an air lock although gurgling stopped. Also hear 3-4 crackling sounds under dash (plenum area), like static shock off a carpet. I'm sure the blower is okay, blend door works but I think heater core may be plugged. Any thoughts?
97 Ford F150 Lariat, 4.6L, 205,000km's, great truck.

I'm fairly new here so just like to say hi and great site. I read that people get more info from here than any manual...and they're right. Thanks to the bubs who figure their problems, fix 'em and post here. Good job.

Old 04-05-2007, 11:35 PM
sounds like the blend door is broken at the bottom.sorry to say youll have to pull dash back to replace.if there is a clicking noise from center of dash then
it could be the blend door actuator.i would replace them both at the same time.it is easier.

Old 04-06-2007, 09:20 AM
Thanks...so your saying the blend door will work once in a while if cracked? I will check that out...had the dash almost all apart last week changing the gear lever (busted o/drive switch) and replacing a bulb for gauges. Oh well a few more beers will be needed for sure.

Old 04-07-2007, 06:10 PM
i was in a front end collison and the force from the impact broke my door.right
hand turns it would get cold,left hand turns it would get hot.the dealer might try to sale the hole case but it is not necessary.i just bought the door itself.comes with everything you need.it will take several beers for the job,but afterward youll have heat.here to ya

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Intermittent Heat