Blower stuck on "mix"

Old 02-11-2015, 08:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blower stuck on "mix"

I've read about a hundred threads and can't seem to find an answer to my problem. I have an 05 King Ranch with automatic temp control. If I turn the temp up and down, I seem to be fine with getting hot or cold as desired so the temperature blend door must be working I assume. What I can't get is the system to change from Floor to Vent to Defrost. It's stuck on the 50/50 mode floor/vent. As I cycle through the settings on the panel, the lights change indicating the change but no changes to actual air movement. Ford lists 3 blend door part numbers and one is on the driver side next to the gas peddle seems to me to be the one that's causing the issue. Is that then one I need to try replacing first?

Old 02-11-2015, 10:19 PM
glc
Received 754 Likes on 700 Posts
Have you run the EATC self test yet?

Old 02-12-2015, 03:39 PM
Uh, No, lol. I don't know what that is so I'll google it. This morning, I took the mode door motor off to see if it is working. If I cycle the key off, then on, it rotates about 1/4 turn and stops. If I press any mode setting, it rotates about 1mm or so and then stops and does not respond to any presses of mode buttons on the panel again. I'm going to pick up a motor from the local ford dealer and try it out... $30 wasted if it doesn't fix the problem, but shouldnt the motor work each time I press a mode button? It only moves that tiny little bit after pressing either floor, mix, or defrost (doesn't matter which). I can manually manipulate all three doors so I think that I probably don't have a stuck door.

Old 02-12-2015, 06:10 PM
glc
Received 754 Likes on 700 Posts
You need to run the self test first to make sure it's not the controller.

Old 02-13-2015, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by glc
You need to run the self test first to make sure it's not the controller.
Thanks, GLC. The controller was fine so I installed a new motor. It was difficult lining it up. I had to turn the key while holding up the motor so it would rotate until aligned. As soon as the keyhole lined up, I pressed into place and then screwed it down. It seems to be working appropriately now thought there is a little squeak as it moves the doors. I suspect the door is lightly binding and eventually it'll get stuck, but for now, it's working.

Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Blower stuck on "mix"