I replaced my blend door and heater core. Happy ending!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 08:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look Here for Blend Door and Heater Core Replacement Instructions

If you are in need of the Blend Door and Heater Core Replacement Instructions just click on this link. Once the page has loaded click on FILE then SAVE AS to save a copy to your PC.http://my.voyager.net/~sscully/F-150...50_Exp_002.doc
A BIG thanks goes out to member SSCULLY for posting these instructions on his FTP server.

Alan

Just thought I'd post a quick note about my experience replacing my broken blend door and heater core. My heater core wasn't causing any problems but with 92,000 miles on the odo I figured that I'd go ahead and replace it while the dash was opened up. Following some excellent instructions I received from a fellow forum member (Thanks again Don ) my son and I tackled the job about 9:00 in the morning. He did the wrench work while I barked out instructions and bagged and tagged the nuts, screws, etc. We went at a deliberate pace taking time to mark some locations to be sure we knew where to replace things and being very careful to properly bag and id the parts. Note: If you replace your heater core I suggest cutting the tubes inside the plenum then pull the hoses though the firewall. This is much easier than trying to remove the heater hoses from the engine bay, especially if you don't have the special tool. By 5:00 PM we had finished and were ready for the test drive. It took a mile or so before the heater started making some heat (my blend door was stuck on COLD) and when it did we were both pretty excited. The timing for this repair was perfect as the weather has taken a plunge temperature wise today.
We could have finished in less time but we we more concerned with doing it right the first time. Removing the dash is something you probably want to do just once . This wasn't the easiest auto work I've ever done but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. For anyone else trying to decide whether or not to do this themselves or have a dealer do I say do it yourself. I would certainly suggest having someone assist you as this made it much easier for us. There's nothing like the satisfaction of a job you know is properly done and it doesn't hurt that I saved myself hundreds of dollars.

Alan Toler

Last edited by AlanT; 04-04-2006 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Title change
Old 11-05-2005, 11:46 AM
heater core

i did a heater core on a f 150 not the first one but it took all of 8 hours

Old 11-09-2005, 02:13 PM
Can I get a copy of those instructions? I know there are a few rescources on the net, but would like to have a better reference scource.

Thanks

stconner73 @ yahoo.com

Old 11-20-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by merczephyr
Can I get a copy of those instructions? I know there are a few rescources on the net, but would like to have a better reference scource.

Thanks

stconner73 @ yahoo.com

You've got mail!

AlanT

Old 11-20-2005, 02:29 PM
Instructions

Alan,
Based on your experience I decided to tackle mine. At the moment I'm half way through, got the dash out and the broken blend door out. Monday I'll get the parts and start putting it back together, any additional instructions that I could get my hands on would really be handy...I would be very grateful if you could send a copy this direction.

Thanks,
Greg

Old 11-20-2005, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by GGreenman
Alan,
Based on your experience I decided to tackle mine. At the moment I'm half way through, got the dash out and the broken blend door out. Monday I'll get the parts and start putting it back together, any additional instructions that I could get my hands on would really be handy...I would be very grateful if you could send a copy this direction.

Thanks,
Greg
You've got mail too.

Alan

Old 11-21-2005, 06:10 PM
instructions

Could I get a copy as well. I've got a '97 F150 and will be "tearing" into it tomorrow. I have been reading the forums trying to get as much info as I can. I've yet to obtain detailed instrucions.

Thanks,
Scott

srfalcetti@charter.net

Old 11-21-2005, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by srfalcetti
Could I get a copy as well. I've got a '97 F150 and will be "tearing" into it tomorrow. I have been reading the forums trying to get as much info as I can. I've yet to obtain detailed instrucions.

Thanks,
Scott

srfalcetti@charter.net
Sent you the instructions to your .net email account...Alan

Old 11-22-2005, 03:57 PM
instructions

Could I get a copy of the instructions please? Had heater core in my '98 replaced in June. Just went out again. I can't afford that every
6mo. Thanks.

Old 11-23-2005, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by yerblues
Could I get a copy of the instructions please? Had heater core in my '98 replaced in June. Just went out again. I can't afford that every
6mo. Thanks.
yerblues,
Send me your email address and I'll send 'em to you.

AlanT

Old 11-28-2005, 06:57 PM
Thanks AlanT

For the heater core instructions they were a lifesaver.

Old 12-01-2005, 04:42 PM
begging as well

any way i could get a set of those instructions! driving with the fine fog of 50-50 antifreeze on the glass of the expy is not much fun at all.. cant complain 99 with 180k on it.. patf111@hotmail.com

Old 12-01-2005, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by patf
any way i could get a set of those instructions! driving with the fine fog of 50-50 antifreeze on the glass of the expy is not much fun at all.. cant complain 99 with 180k on it.. patf111@hotmail.com
You've got mail... Alan

Old 12-02-2005, 03:02 PM
can i get a copy of them also? Derek.tillery@bdk.com

Old 12-03-2005, 11:02 PM
Help

Im going to go to work on my 99 F-150 monday or tuesday to replace my bad heater core. I would really appreciate those instructions to help me out. Im a professional Audio System Installer, but this is pretty new haha.

Quick Reply: I replaced my blend door and heater core. Happy ending!