Amount of air from heater/ac

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 12:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Amount of air from heater/ac

I have a 98 F-150 and it seems that the heater doesn't blow as much air as it did when I bought it a couple years ago. What would cause this ? Is there a filter for the incoming air or is there a incoming air vent that is plugged up ? I know i park under a tree that has allot of "Helicopters" that fall out of the tree and land on the truck and get caught in the area between the windshield and the hood. It just doesn't seem to blow as hard anymore . No pun intended.

Thanks in advance.
,Dan

Old 02-14-2005, 01:48 PM
If you have your temp dial set to "heat" it's going to blow less air because it now has to pass through the heater core.

There could possibly be a restriction upstream of the blower motor due to crap falling in there. Go under the dash, drop the blow motor out and clean the area. It's fairly simple.

Old 02-27-2005, 12:28 AM
I'll have to check it out.

NorthEast Yankee Woodworking

Thanks for the info. I'll have to check it out. I gets hot in the truck. It gets plenty of heat. It just doesn't seem to blow as much as it did.

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I was suposed to get emailed if I got a reply posted by someone. I didn't get one??? I did a search of my postings.

,Dan

Last edited by Dan in MA; 02-27-2005 at 12:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Amount of air from heater/ac