Radio/PW/Headlight/Brake Light Issue? Yeah, weird right?

Old 11-15-2015, 01:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio/PW/Headlight/Brake Light Issue? Yeah, weird right?

Hey everyone, so i have quite the dilemma with some kind of electronic malfunction in my 06 SCAB.

Few months ago, I installed a Clarion NX404 Head Unit w/ new door speakers & multichannel amp in my truck. Since doing this, Ive been having issues with the radio and a multitude of other minor issues that i believe are all directly related to one another. Here's what i have so far:

Symptoms: Radio will randomly go static-y while the volume goes up and down and eventually the head unit goes into a protective mode and basically puts out minimal output where I can barely hear audio even when the radio is turned all the way up, yet there is still audio coming out so i scratched the unit being the problem. If I leave the truck off for awhile, normally it'll work just fine when i jump back in it for a good bit, then the same thing happens over and over. Occasionally when i use my power windows, it will lower the volume until i let off the window button too. To top it all off, the other night i noticed while driving home from work that when i press the brake, my headlights will dim ever so slightly. Not sure if that has anything to do with it, but hey, ill throw it in there in case it does.

Treatment thus far: Replaced the battery, re-ran all the speaker wires, put dead-ends on the factory speaker harnesses, checked the obvious fuses related to the radio.

From reading other threads and piecing together what i can from them, I feel like its a strong chance i have a power distribution problem somewhere. Relays and the PCM are the most common denominator amongst the threads. Any suggestions, questions, or comments will help! Im at a loss on this one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Radio/PW/Headlight/Brake Light Issue? Yeah, weird right?