Help! Audiophile HU FM tuner frequencies step

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 01:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help! Audiophile HU FM tuner frequencies step

Hi all, I'm new here, great site!
The subj could be confusing, but here is my problem:
I'm italian and I just get my 04 F150 Lariat (great truck, i'm enthusiast), I have the OEM HU with 6 CD changer and the box under the rear seat, if I'm not wrong this should be called the audiophile, the problem is that in Italy FM broadcast stations can transmit in steps of 0.05 MHz, but the radio on my F150 seek for stations only in steps of 0.2 MHz, so I'm missing some of my favourite stations, any hint on how to change this setting (if possible)?
Thanx in advance for any answer

CIAO

Old 04-02-2007, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by imassari
Hi all, I'm new here, great site!
The subj could be confusing, but here is my problem:
I'm italian and I just get my 04 F150 Lariat (great truck, i'm enthusiast), I have the OEM HU with 6 CD changer and the box under the rear seat, if I'm not wrong this should be called the audiophile, the problem is that in Italy FM broadcast stations can transmit in steps of 0.05 MHz, but the radio on my F150 seek for stations only in steps of 0.2 MHz, so I'm missing some of my favourite stations, any hint on how to change this setting (if possible)?
Thanx in advance for any answer

CIAO
Hello and welcome to the site! If you have the sub under the rear seat then you are correct about have the audiophile system. However, I don't think you can change the frequency - at least not on a US version truck. I am in Germany and I can tell you Ford does not sell their truck here. I am not sure about getting a European audiophile HU.

Anyone else?

Anyway, good luck and enjoy your truck!

Old 04-03-2007, 02:14 AM
Originally Posted by ibcop
I am in Germany and I can tell you Ford does not sell their truck here. I am not sure about getting a European audiophile HU.

Anyone else?

Anyway, good luck and enjoy your truck!
Thanks, I know F150 is not sold by Ford in Europe, and having somehow a "European version HU", if something exist, will cost me maybe as much as installing an Alpine or Pioneer nav+stereo system.
Is there any place in Germany where to find aftermarket parts for the truck?

Tschuss

Old 04-03-2007, 04:02 AM
Thanks, I know F150 is not sold by Ford in Europe, and having somehow a "European version HU", if something exist, will cost me maybe as much as installing an Alpine or Pioneer nav+stereo system.
Is there any place in Germany where to find aftermarket parts for the truck?

Tschuss
Guten Tag!

What type of aftermarket parts are you looking for? I get most of mine from the States, but the Ford dealers here do honor the US warranty......hopefully I won't need it.

I'll look around for you - let me know what you need.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:01 AM
Guten Tag!

What type of aftermarket parts are you looking for? I get most of mine from the States, but the Ford dealers here do honor the US warranty......hopefully I won't need it.

I'll look around for you - let me know what you need.
Morgen,
what I first need is a roll-up tonneau cover and a bed liner, then maybe I'll go ahead with exhaust tip and some chrome covers, who knows.
Where are you in Germany, I saw your plate says HK, but can't figure out which city it is.

CIAO

Old 04-03-2007, 05:14 AM
"HK" is for the American's living over here. They recently started using normal German tags with the "D" instead of "USA" to try and "blend" in. How in the hell is a truck like this going to blend in? Plus, Germany just passed a law where you can no longer have window tint on the fron two windows. Another reason I kept the Amercan tags - the Polizei normally don't mess with us......but now that I have said that........

I didn't go with a roll up........I wanted something lockable. You can get the roll-up type shipped to you from the States. Go to www.autoanything.com
and check them out.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:27 AM
"HK" is for the American's living over here.
Hell's Krauti ?!?

I didn't go with a roll up........I wanted something lockable. You can get the roll-up type shipped to you from the States. Go to www.autoanything.com
and check them out.
I didn't know the roll-ups are no lockable, so I'll change my idea, but anyway a need a soft one, I use the truck also as a working-vehicle and I need to transport goods on wooden pallets, so I need an easy-off tonneau cover, but it has to be lockable, to close when I'm carrying smaller items, so that I can park safely.
Thanks for the link, I'll probably go with them.
BTW, are you in the army or just a "normal" work in Germany? (just curiosity, don't wanna mess with your own business, feel free to do not answer)

Ciao

Old 04-03-2007, 12:06 PM
Nope, just a "normal" working over here. I didn't mean to imply the roll-ups won't lock. I wanted a hard top for the bed. A thief can slice right through a roll up, but on the same token, he/she can break a window, etc.....I guess a hard cover gives me a piece of mind security wise. But in your situation, you need something easy.

Look around on the 'net. You can find some good deals.

BTW, have you found out anything on the radio frequency issue? Where did you get your truck?

Old 04-04-2007, 02:21 AM
Nope, just a "normal" working over here.
...snip...

Look around on the 'net. You can find some good deals.

BTW, have you found out anything on the radio frequency issue? Where did you get your truck?
I worked a lot forth and back in Germany and US (MI, IL, MA, TX), that's why I was asking your city.

I'll surely look on the net, I'm oriented on a Truxedo LT, just need to find someone that ships over here.

No, nothing on the radio, I'm waiting to be contacted by Mark -nothingbutaford- that seem to be a sort of a guru in the field, else I will go for an Alpine or Clarion touch screen system, but they're quite pricy and I already took out a lot of money for the truck itself.
My truck is coming from Kansas City, bought trhough an importer here in North Italy that took care about overseas payment, shipment, customs and law registration in Italy. Law's paper and procedure to get a plate is a real PITA down here, the rest I could have it done by myself, but when it comes to government affairs, you'd better know the right path and persons, that's why I need an italian dealer (not Ford) to carry out the business, even if this costed me a lot of money, but better then receiving the truck and having it laying in the garage for a year or so, waiting for bureaucracy.

CIAO

Old 04-04-2007, 05:00 AM
I worked a lot forth and back in Germany and US (MI, IL, MA, TX), that's why I was asking your city.

I'll surely look on the net, I'm oriented on a Truxedo LT, just need to find someone that ships over here.

No, nothing on the radio, I'm waiting to be contacted by Mark -nothingbutaford- that seem to be a sort of a guru in the field, else I will go for an Alpine or Clarion touch screen system, but they're quite pricy and I already took out a lot of money for the truck itself.
My truck is coming from Kansas City, bought trhough an importer here in North Italy that took care about overseas payment, shipment, customs and law registration in Italy. Law's paper and procedure to get a plate is a real PITA down here, the rest I could have it done by myself, but when it comes to government affairs, you'd better know the right path and persons, that's why I need an italian dealer (not Ford) to carry out the business, even if this costed me a lot of money, but better then receiving the truck and having it laying in the garage for a year or so, waiting for bureaucracy.

CIAO
Boy, do I know what you mean about the bureaucracy. I really feel for the German's.....who pay taxes out the nose.

I went with the Pioneer AVH-P6800DVD unit. Double Din, touch screen, etc. Only thing it doesn't have is the navigation built in. But it plays DVD's......I have a seperate Garmin navigation to help me out.....

Good luck in your delima......I'm sure Mark can help you out.

Tschüs!

Quick Reply: Help! Audiophile HU FM tuner frequencies step