Pioneer DEH-P860MP won't turn on? help.

Old 05-17-2006, 11:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pioneer DEH-P860MP won't turn on? help.

Hi,

I've been using my DEH-P860MP head unit for about 6 months with no problems. Today I was replacing my front door speakers in my ford 1998 F150 Ext cab. I got the first speaker hooked up, then turned the igintion to ACC to test it out. Then I was listening to everything for about 5 minutes when suddenly the head unit turned off. No crackling or pops or warning. I didnt do anything to the system other than unhook the old speaker and then hookup the newer Polk Momo.

I tried the reset button on the faceplate, checked all my fuses, and cant find anything wrong. My amps dont turn on either since theres no power being sent over the remote wire. Now a couple questions...

1. Is there any way to get the faceplate off without power on a Pioneer DEH-P860MP? Its motorized so now it wont flip down to access the release.

2. Is there a fuse inside the headunit that I might be missing?

Any ideas on why this fairly new unit is pooped out?? Thanks guys.

Old 05-18-2006, 12:27 AM
hey i have the same head unit do the same thing to me and it ended up being a fuse in the truck (in the fuse panel)

Old 05-18-2006, 12:32 AM
Once you changed the fuse, did it ever happen again to you?

Wierdest thing that it acts like its dead but I know my wiring is good and soldered on at all the right places.

I'm gonna go check that fuse, thanks.

Old 05-18-2006, 12:37 AM
no never happened again. Its weird cuz it also happened when i was installing aftermarket speakers. keep me posted

Old 05-18-2006, 12:48 AM
Yessss! Thank you so much. You saved me a weekend of troubleshooting. I'll buy you a beer if you ever come to SF!

Now I just have to find another 5A fuse...

Does ford place spares anywhere? I didnt notice it in the manual. Take care man.

Old 05-18-2006, 12:54 AM
not that i know of. hey are you running an amp with your speakers and if not does your deck give them enough power. When i installed my deck and sony explods (i know not the best but was recomended over pioneer) i really did not get the crisp clear loudness i wanted i mean we have a 02 toyota sienna van and with some tweakin the speakers are as loud as mine and just a little more distorted. I have tried tuning the head unit but don't know that much to do that right. also my fuse was a 15 amp 5 amp sounds kind of low for that circuit

Old 05-18-2006, 01:36 AM
Yea, 5A sounds low to me too. But its what the manual calls for. I think it previously blew because I the wires touched for a couple seconds when they were live. We'll see about the new fuse.

And yes, I am running a couple small amps, one 100W to my front speakers, one 300W to my (2) 10's. Everything sounds great to me. So I can't realate to the underpowered speakers.

Well, the two stock ford speakers in the rear doors are running off the head unit. But I dont notice any distortion, since theyre stock and they suck. Best wishes.

Old 05-18-2006, 01:40 AM
When I wire up the two back door speakers, theyll be running off the head unit. I'll report back how powerful they sound.

Old 05-18-2006, 11:32 AM
cool thanks. I need to break down and go get a couple of amps to make my system sound right. let me know if you get any distortion on those back speakers

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pioneer DEH-P860MP won't turn on? help.