Harley-Davidson

Someone smack me

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 02:15 PM
AWA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Someone smack me

Someone talk me into the new 2011 Ford F150 HD Edition. The problem is, I hate the stickers on the exterior and I am in love with my 2000 F150 HD Edtion everytime I look at it or drive it. The thing is, my current truck looks SO beautiful with the chrome pipes, but mostly because of the body flow thanks to it being a flareside. I really like the curvy look of the flareside and not the boxy look of the rest. And secondly most important, I will miss those wheels! Those are the nicest and best wheels ever produced for the Harley! BUT damn if the 2011 isn't ***** to the wall and SOOO nice inside! Love the engine and every single feature it comes with, except the above mentioned body style and stickers, but THAT's it!

I would go for the 4x4 and hope it didn't sit too much higher that the 2x4 (which I think is only about an inch). The price is quite a reach in the pocket also. I test drove on about 2 months ago and WOW.

Last edited by AWA; 04-10-2011 at 02:22 PM. Reason: spelling/grammar
Old 03-31-2011, 02:29 PM
I ordered the 2WD in Silver. I don't like the stripes either, they are coming off as soon as I get the truck. Do you really need the 4x4? I almost ordered the 4x4 but changed my mind at the last minute because I know for sure I will not take suck a nice truck off roading so what's the point of speding the extra 3K?

Old 04-01-2011, 12:13 PM
AWA
Red face

Well, I've never owned a 4X4. I live in Florida, and will most likely stay in Florida. However, I know this might not sit welll with most people, and try not to laugh, but the only reason I want to order a 4x4 now is in case we have some sort of catastrophe in 2012! I may end up somewhere in the mountains - who knows.

I swear, it is the only reason! :o

Old 04-04-2011, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by AWA
Well, I've never owned a 4X4. I live in Florida, and will most likely stay in Florida. However, I know this might not sit welll with most people, and try not to laugh, but the only reason I want to order a 4x4 now is in case we have some sort of catastrophe in 2012! I may end up somewhere in the mountains - who knows.

I swear, it is the only reason! :o
*****, any other time I would’ve laugh my A$$ off, however with the crazy stuff going on in the world who knows what may happen in the future. Is better to be ready right!

Old 04-04-2011, 01:13 PM
I'll say the same thing I said to my wife when she watched that documentry on 2012.
Why not, Those HD's are sweet and the 4x4, well you might want to go play in the sand!

Old 04-04-2011, 08:43 PM
I love the justification excuses...Don't get me wrong,for I to used those same ones, as I purchased our Navigator Ultimate...Living in AZ. and the thing has never seen off road...unless of course its a plant nursery. My wife has never put it in 4WD...LOL!

Old 04-08-2011, 11:39 PM
I will go ahead and say GET IT!.I just got mine a couple weeks ago and it is by far the best truck I have had.I was on the fence about the stripes also but once I saw them in good sunlight I loved them.I also got the AWD , but I got cause I wanna lift it.I confess its just gonna be a street queen but for that much money thats fine with me.That 6.2 that lives under the hood is a beast!I hope that the sound gets old though cause I cant keep my foot off the floor.Good Luck with your decision.

Old 04-10-2011, 02:21 PM
AWA
Cool Pushme pullyou

Everytime I walk out of a store or anywhere and see my 2000 F150 HDE, it gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling. It looks sooo streamlined and beautiful - I just smirk. I'm fighting with myself back and forth back and forth - I'm in my own fight club. That bEaStLy motor in the 2011 and that incredible interior and options - is hard to stay away from. Again, I just wish the wheels were more like the 2000 F-150 Harley's, and the body style was more curvy - then it would be perfect! Oh, and it needs to come with a hard top also - standard.

Old 04-10-2011, 02:32 PM
AWA
Question

Hey, here's a thought. Maybe I should just keep my '00 HDE and give it to my son when he turns 16 or 17? What's 8.5 years anyway? And if the world gets fried in 2012, well, it really won't bother me at that point anyway...

If not, Daddy has the DAD beast truck, and Junior gets the then antique?

hmmmmm ....

Old 04-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Or you can give me your 2000 and you can come and drive it when you want.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by AWA
Hey, here's a thought. Maybe I should just keep my '00 HDE and give it to my son when he turns 16 or 17? What's 8.5 years anyway? And if the world gets fried in 2012, well, it really won't bother me at that point anyway...

If not, Daddy has the DAD beast truck, and Junior gets the then antique?

hmmmmm ....

Or you can keep them both, and tell JR. they are both his when your old and cold

Old 06-04-2011, 09:20 AM
AWA
Cool

I GOT IT!!!!! Hate the stickers, BUT, I GOT IT! Already put on a F150 bug deflector which looks awesome, and also a charcoal BedRug with a Ford logo embroidered in it, and some window deflectors - or whatever they are. Tinted the windows limo tint and awaiting on a hard tonneau cover. Wahooo! I will miss my 2000 HD, but it'll pass!!

Selling the 2000 to my nephew.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by AWA
I GOT IT!!!!! Hate the stickers, BUT, I GOT IT! Already put on a F150 bug deflector which looks awesome, and also a charcoal BedRug with a Ford logo embroidered in it, and some window deflectors - or whatever they are. Tinted the windows limo tint and awaiting on a hard tonneau cover. Wahooo! I will miss my 2000 HD, but it'll pass!!

Selling the 2000 to my nephew.

Pictures?!?!?!?!?!

Old 06-16-2011, 06:29 AM
AWA
Originally Posted by Z_Monzter
Pictures?!?!?!?!?!
It appears my previous post did not make it here.

Anyway, I posted a few (newer) photo's in "my garage" and will post more after tomorrow since the Tonneau cover and mud flaps should be installed by then.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by AWA
It appears my previous post did not make it here.

Anyway, I posted a few (newer) photo's in "my garage" and will post more after tomorrow since the Tonneau cover and mud flaps should be installed by then.
Mud Flaps

Quick Reply: Someone smack me