Harley-Davidson

Someone smack me

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 02:05 PM
AWA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Z_Monzter
Mud Flaps
The mud guards did not work out. Tried the Ford part - it needs to be recalled. Tried weathertech, too ugly.

Got tonneau cover though - will post pics soon. It looks really good.

Last edited by AWA; 06-18-2011 at 02:06 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-18-2011, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by AWA
The mud guards did not work out. Tried the Ford part - it needs to be recalled. Tried weathertech, too ugly.

Got tonneau cover though - will post pics soon. It looks really good.
I'm not a fan of mud flaps, specially on a HD F-150.

When I get my truck (Oct Delivery date ) I'm going to buy the BAK F1 cover. Have you seen it? I wanted a tonneau until I saw the BAK F1. They are both good thou, but the F1 has everything I like, strong, light, low profile, security latch and the best part is that it folds easily so you can use the truck bed on the spot!

Old 06-18-2011, 03:37 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
FYI you can get replicas of the original harley wheels in 20" 6 lug that fit your truck

Old 06-19-2011, 02:31 PM
AWA
Cool

I'm not a fan of mud flaps, specially on a HD F-150.

When I get my truck (Oct Delivery date ) I'm going to buy the BAK F1 cover. Have you seen it? I wanted a tonneau until I saw the BAK F1. They are both good thou, but the F1 has everything I like, strong, light, low profile, security latch and the best part is that it folds easily so you can use the truck bed on the spot!
Well the reason why I am is because the driver's side moulded mud guard (the hard plastic, not really a "flap") really protects and sheilds the chrome exhaust tips. My 2000 Ford F150 HDE came stock with them and they really help alot especially with road tar, or unfortunately clay (which eventually gets nice and hard) and/or unforseen cement puddles or what have you. Plus, on the 2000, the looks excellent - I think much better that without. My '00 is "my garage" here on this site. So, with the chrome exhaust tips being in the same place, I really wanted, and still do want, some sort of moulded mud guards. Thing is, the Ford one is incorrect - it does not install correctly at all. Not just verified by me personally, but also from the body shop at the Ford Dealership. They never work out, which sucked.

Anyway, yes I have seen the BAK F1! I played with it at the store and I really liked it alot. But, when it came down to it, I was really more interested in the way the tonneau cover looks instead of its functionality, which is why I got the Leer. I really like the LEERs cause they look factory and I feel are beautiful since they are painted to match. My (all of) '00 F150 Harley Davidson Edition (HDE) came stock with the leer hard tonneau cover. I agree, there have been PLENTY of times I wish I had the functionality of something like the BAK F1, but I guess I was more of dress to impress. One thing I did not know about the BAK F1 was the water drainage tube - that was interesting.

Old 06-19-2011, 02:40 PM
AWA
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
FYI you can get replicas of the original harley wheels in 20" 6 lug that fit your truck

Thing is, the '11 has 22's.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:01 AM
Originally Posted by AWA
Well the reason why I am is because the driver's side moulded mud guard (the hard plastic, not really a "flap") really protects and sheilds the chrome exhaust tips. My 2000 Ford F150 HDE came stock with them and they really help alot especially with road tar, or unfortunately clay (which eventually gets nice and hard) and/or unforseen cement puddles or what have you. Plus, on the 2000, the looks excellent - I think much better that without. My '00 is "my garage" here on this site. So, with the chrome exhaust tips being in the same place, I really wanted, and still do want, some sort of moulded mud guards. Thing is, the Ford one is incorrect - it does not install correctly at all. Not just verified by me personally, but also from the body shop at the Ford Dealership. They never work out, which sucked.

Anyway, yes I have seen the BAK F1! I played with it at the store and I really liked it alot. But, when it came down to it, I was really more interested in the way the tonneau cover looks instead of its functionality, which is why I got the Leer. I really like the LEERs cause they look factory and I feel are beautiful since they are painted to match. My (all of) '00 F150 Harley Davidson Edition (HDE) came stock with the leer hard tonneau cover. I agree, there have been PLENTY of times I wish I had the functionality of something like the BAK F1, but I guess I was more of dress to impress. One thing I did not know about the BAK F1 was the water drainage tube - that was interesting.
AWA:

I agree with you that the painted tonneau looks better; I am myself a fan of dress for impress (I just sold my beautiful 350z to make room for the HD F-150). However, with the truck I want functionality so I’m planning to buy the BAK F1.
When are you going to post some pictures of you truck?

Last edited by Z_Monzter; 06-23-2011 at 01:48 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:38 PM
Former Sponsor
We have universal flat and contour truck flaps that are a different design and are not molded like stock.

We are a site sponsor and more than happy to answer any questions you have.

www.provendesignproducts.com

-Matt

Old 06-21-2011, 01:36 PM
AWA
Originally Posted by ProvenDesign
We have universal flat and contour truck flaps that are a different design and are not molded like stock.

We are a site sponsor and more than happy to answer any questions you have.

www.provendesignproducts.com

-Matt
Thing is, I am not loking for flat contoured, I do want the moulded guards. The ones from Ford were perfect, they just do not fit correctly. I do not like the "flaps", I would prefer the rigid plastic moulded guards that are supposed to be factory looking.

Thanks though ...

Old 06-21-2011, 02:17 PM
AWA
Unhappy

AWA:

I agree with you that the painted tonneau looks better; I am myself a fan of dress for impress (I just sold my beautiful 350z to make room for the HD F-150). However, with the truck I want functionality so I’m planning to buy the BAK F1.
When are you going to post some pictures of you truck?

I uploaded more (current) photos into "My Garage" here on this site but I do not understand why they are all not showing up? I even deleted a few of the old ones, but only a few of the new ones I just added are showing.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by AWA
I uploaded more (current) photos into "My Garage" here on this site but I do not understand why they are all not showing up? I even deleted a few of the old ones, but only a few of the new ones I just added are showing.
I use photobucket to load pictures and it works great!

You just copy and paste the IMG to your post.

Edwin

Old 06-03-2017, 11:45 AM
AWA
Finally did it!

Old 06-05-2017, 09:18 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Old 07-03-2017, 12:54 PM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
one hell of a bump...

Old 07-03-2017, 01:59 PM
cju
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, that is beautiful!

The more I look at the 09-14 F-150, the more I like it. I did not like it for a long time since I thought it is just a cheap remake of the 04-08 as it uses basically the same cab and a lot of other parts. But now I am starting to like it, whether it is a HD, Lariat, King Ranch.....

Quick Reply: Someone smack me