F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Harley-Davidson (https://www.f150online.com/forums/harley-davidson-70/)
-   -   #1682 pronounced dead at 2010pm EST (https://www.f150online.com/forums/harley-davidson/105287-1682-pronounced-dead-2010pm-est.html)

bikestudga 01-29-2003 11:46 PM

#1682 pronounced dead at 2010pm EST

I am sorry to have to report that my brand new, two-tone, 2003 Harley F150 has been involved in a terrible accident.

I was driving through at intersection at a green light and some, what must be seriously blind or stupid person coming from the opposite direction, attempted to cut across my path from my left to right. I tried to brake but was way way too close to affect any change in speed. I hit the other car at almost 45 mph, nearly head-on... slightly to the passenger side quarter panel.

I'm sore. My passenger is sore. We're both thankful we're not more seriously injured. We are, unfortunately, mourning the loss of my brand spanking new two-tone HD F150. She had barely 170 miles on her.

I will visit the yard tomorrow to take pictures and gather some belongings from the truck. I believe the rule in Georgia is 50% damage == totalled so I'm hoping the insurance co finds a way to total her out. I wouldn't want her after this kind of impact... The interior of the truck is coated with that air-bag dust and the front end is SERIOUSLY messed up all the way back to the front wheels.

anyway - I'm sore but alive... so that's good...

;jb:

BigDeal 01-29-2003 11:49 PM

My condolences on your ride, but glad to hear you and your passenger escaped injury. Hopefully you'll be back in the drivers seat of a new HD sometime soon. :thumbsup:

StruckByTheBolt 01-29-2003 11:51 PM

Damn that sux...my condolences. I saw one about two weeks ago and it looked pretty sweet. It's a shame w/just below 200 miles on it. Well good luck and hope everything comes out good for you.

Ayrton 01-30-2003 12:36 AM

Man that sucks…

Let me know if I can help. I am just glad you are OK.

chesterc 01-30-2003 02:09 AM

I'm glad that you and your passenger are alive and well. Make your healthy recovery be your first priority and everything else second.

Just a few nights ago that almost happened to me, I was just lucky that I was able to avoid the stupid, old fart, blind driver of an older Cadillac sedan:mad:

keeper15 01-30-2003 03:35 AM

:bows: your safe thats all that counts...i was hit by drunk driver... totaled my first supercrew..

these trucks are tuff ...i walked away with a little soreness but the truck died...in the line of duty..pays to have a big hunk of metal...

:thumbsup: good luck with the replacement...

HeHateMe 01-30-2003 03:37 AM

Atleast you and your passenger are ok. Forget about the truck, you can always get another one. Hope things work out for you.

Palumbon 01-30-2003 07:21 AM

First off you are lucky you and your passenger are not seriously hurt. Get better soon.
Second, almost the same exact thing happened to me. This October I picked up my truck on a Wed., that Thur. I was hit. I was traveling south on a two lane road. A old lady in the north bound lane drift into the right hand lane on the north bound side into a minivan. I saw this all happen and came to a stop. The old lady after hitting the minivan explained to police that she paniced and gunned it. She cut across the north bound into the south bound lane and hit me doing about 50mph. I had to sit there and watch the whole thing. I had only put 15 miles on the truck and was coming home from walmart with the die cast model. I also had a seperated shoulder and forehead stiches.
I refused to think about totaling it because it took me 4 months to find her. She was repaired and is looking better than ever, and driving fine.
Good luck with what ever you choose to do.:beers:

bikestudga 01-30-2003 09:13 AM

I spoke with the insurance commissioner's office this morning. They told me that there's nothing on the GA books that can force an insurance agency or second party to replace a new vehicle with another new vehicle. I'm going to try and demand it none the less... we'll see what happens...

stay tuned for some really bad looking pictures... :(

:jeff:

GT-40 GTS 01-30-2003 09:38 AM

Glad your ok.:)

GRY GHST 01-30-2003 09:52 AM

Bikestudga,

I am very glad to hear that you and your passenger were not injured. If your new Harley is totaled, at least she gave her life up to protect you. It might be a good idea to have yourself and your passenger checked out by a doctor. Most soft injuries won't show up for a couple of days.

On a side note, I have heard that if a new vehicle is severely damaged and the insurance company decides to fix it, you can ask for an additional payment from them called diminshed value payment. This is due to the fact that a vehicle in a severe accident will have less resale value than one that is not. Almost all insurance companys will NOT tell you about this, but you can request it.

Good Luck!

Fepony 01-30-2003 11:47 AM

*taps*

Sorry to hear that the truck is totaled. Happy to hear you guys are ok. Good luck working it out...keep us all in tune.

/Fepony snaps to attention and salutes the fallen soldier.

/Fepony bows his head in reverence.

bikestudga 01-30-2003 11:48 AM

This is it... lower pulley on supercharger is bent, frame is exposed and bent, both airbags deployed, front-end crunched (obviously), driver's door pinched, driver's side quarter panel bent, air box destroyed, radiator cut in half, battery pan shattered....

my health? priceless....

http://www.thirdeyesoftware.com/deadharley/index.html

take care you guys...

:jb:

Harley#356 01-30-2003 01:26 PM

:eek: really sorry to hear about that! at least you and your passenger are okay...thats most important.

sorry about the truck too,...she wasn't even broken in yet :(
goodluck getting a new one though!

i wanted to check out the pics, but i've been letting that site load for 10 minutes now and i've got cable modem and its still loading...any chance you could upload them into a f150online gallery?

goodluck! get better soon!

bikestudga 01-30-2003 01:55 PM

I reduced the image sizes ... should be better now..

Jeff