Troyer Performance E-Fan Group Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Troyer Performance E-Fan Group Purchase

Note from RP - This text is direct from Troyer Performance. Please contact them directly if you have questions regarding this GP. Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Troyer Performance Group Buy

To all:

To clear up any confusion, we are indeed once again doing a Group Buy of our newly updated Troyer Performance Electric Fan kit and Underdrive Pulley set. We were going to do this informally simply in response to the number of people who asked for this in just the past couple of days, but then realized that we needed to get a post up about this to make it official (things are busy and hectic here as usual!), so our apologies to all for any confusion, and thanks to Rockpick for his stringent enforcement of the F-150 Online rules.

This Group buy will run from April 15th thru May 15th (all orders must be in no later than Friday, May 15th at 5:30 pm Eastern time).

This is for our dual 16” electric fan kit, as seen on our web site, but with our newly updated controllers (which you will love!) and the easy-mount fan bracket system.

The cost for the Dual 16” electric fan kit for the 2004-2008 F-150’s is $389 plus shipping.

The cost for the Bundle that includes the Electric Fan Kit as well as the Underdrive pulleys is $599 plus shipping.

Shipping costs are calculated precisely according to what UPS actually charges us to ship these products to each individual ordering them, so that everyone pays only the exact cost to get the products to their individual location.

Note: We are not offering a separate Group Buy on just the Underdrive pulleys by themselves – this Group Buy is for our Electric Fan kit, and then also for the bundle that includes both the fan kit and the underdrive pulley set.

The Troyer Performance Dual 16” Electric Fan Kit will also work on the 1997 thru 2003 series F-150’s, however, our installation manual is written specifically for the 2004-2008 models – so for the 1997-2003’s, we include a couple of additional “insert” pages for the additional info needed for the slight differences to install them in the 1997-2003’s, so there should not be any issues, & we already have numerous people using that setup on the 1997-2003’s.

We’d like to thank the F-150 Online members who requested this Group Buy, as well as Rockpick for his assistance (this came up very suddenly, so we’re a bit behind in getting this info to Rockpick for his assistance in coordinating this Group buy!).

If there are any questions, please contact us at (540) 965-7123, our hours are Monday thru Friday from 9 am to 6 pm eastern time, or contact us via email at: sales@troyerperformance.com and we will be more than happy to help!

Thanks once again to all the great members of F-150 Online, the premier Ford Truck & SUV enthusiast web site that we are proud to be the oldest supporting vendor for, and our thanks to Rockpick for his time & effort as well as the members who actually contacted us (such as Jeremy Schelhaas – hope I spelled that right, Jeremy!) in coordinating this for everyone! 

Old 04-16-2009, 11:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Placed my order with Troyer today and she said once Troyers gets the 8-10 people needed that she will start shipping out the orders. As always very nice people to talk and deal with over the phone. Remember the price for the pullies includes the shorter belt needed and its a goodyear gatorback belt too for anybody who might not know.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered mine today. I think we are around 5 orders now (if midnightrider ordered his) but she could not confirm if any others had come in today or not when I spoke with her.

Last edited by grizzstang; 04-17-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:10 PM
Yep, I have mine in, so we are getting close to the 8.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:54 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I think I would like order one of these kits. Are there any pics on here of this kit installed on a truck, or install threads with pics?

Old 04-18-2009, 10:39 PM
Hey guys how do I get the group buy price Im trying to order the fan kit

Old 04-18-2009, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by greencrew
I think I would like order one of these kits. Are there any pics on here of this kit installed on a truck, or install threads with pics?
I know there was some pics around of them installed, and in the other thread in the link below there is all the parts, or most of them anyways.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/ot...ordered-5.html

Originally Posted by cherokee2871
Just call Toyer up and ask for the group buy on the efan kit. They will take it from there. They will ask you for your screan name, and that will pretty much do it.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:59 AM
I have pics in my gallery

Old 04-19-2009, 10:14 PM

Matt, I don't see the pic in your gallery.

I've been here 6 years now, and I still don't know what an underdrive pulley is and what it does. Can anyone offer up an explanation?

Old 04-20-2009, 10:01 AM
I've been here 6 years now, and I still don't know what an underdrive pulley is and what it does. Can anyone offer up an explanation?
This is right from Wikipedia:

Definition
An Underdrive pulley refers to an aftermarket crankshaft or accessory pulley (such as an alternator pulley) that is designed to drive a vehicle's accessories at a slower rate than stock. Underdrive in general means the input rate of rotation in a system is greater than the output rate of rotation. However, an underdrive pulley is considered to be an accessory pulley that is larger than the stock pulley or a crankshaft pulley that is smaller than the stock crankshaft pulley, even though the accessory may not necessarily be underdriven with respect to the crankshaft pulley.

History
The original purpose of underdrive pulleys was to extend the life of the belt-drive accessories on race cars in the 1950s and 60s which were not meant to rotate at such high speeds. Such belt-drive accessories include water pumps, alternators, and power steering pumps. Underdrive pulleys did not become mainstream until the mid to late 1980s, with their introduction from March Performance for fuel injected 5.0L Mustangs, Camaros & Trans Ams. They also appeared for small displacement engines in the mid-nineties with the entry into the market of Unorthodox Racing.

Typical Usage Scenario
Underdrive pulleys usually are marketed as a performance enhancing item that increases the torque and horsepower output of an engine by reducing parasitic drag caused by belt-driven accessories, but more importantly by reducing the moment of inertia. Horsepower gains from underdrive pulleys alone are usually minimal, 1-3 wheel horsepower depending on the engine. HP gains from being lighter can be significant, from 4-14 HP for normally aspirated engines and 12-25 HP for forced induction engines. These are some of the best HP improvements enthusiasts can find for their money.

Last edited by grizzstang; 04-20-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:27 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by cherokee2871
You just call Troyer and tell them what you want to order and that you are part of the F150online group buy.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by grizzstang
This is right from Wikipedia:

Definition
An Underdrive pulley refers to an aftermarket crankshaft or accessory pulley (such as an alternator pulley) that is designed to drive a vehicle's accessories at a slower rate than stock.
Thanks grizz!

Old 04-21-2009, 08:17 PM
I've ordered a set

Old 04-22-2009, 09:33 AM
So I count 6 orders now. Did Troyer mention how many actual orders they had eckomaninred?

Old 04-22-2009, 11:08 AM
I ordered mine day one of the group buy, so I have no clue

Quick Reply: Troyer Performance E-Fan Group Purchase