Atlis Trucks

Old 01-09-2019, 11:24 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Atlis Trucks

Yeah, going to be a new player in the pickup field although very limited to start. How about pulling 35,000lbs? Yep, it can be configured to just that. Zero to 60 in 6 seconds? Yep, it can do that. It's an electric with a motor on each wheel. And get this, you can "subscribe" to their truck service for $700.00 a month, all you provide is insurance and they give you another truck every 5 years. And about the recharging time on the all electric truck.......how about 15 minutes to fully recharge the truck. You can also pick 3 different battery capacities starting at 300 miles to 500 mile capacity, still, just a 15 minute recharge. I bet those will be some hot batteries by the time they are charged up. Interesting concept. AND, if you are adventurous, they have stock that you can buying into the company and it's dirt cheap right now, under a buck a share. If the company flys, you stand the chance of making some serious dough.....but if it doesn't...

Old 01-10-2019, 09:47 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
I wonder what kind of electrical service you'd need at your home to charge that thing. Would 1000 Amps be enough? Probably not.

Still, I think something like this WILL happen, sometime.

- Jack

Old 01-10-2019, 11:16 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Well, the current problem now, is that a lot of people don't have 3 phase to their house, let alone anything above 220V.

The best thing to do is to split phase 480V into it's respective L1, L2, and L3, and be able to charge different groups of batteries instead of the whole pack at once. It allows for more efficient charging.

The higher the voltage, the less amperage is needed, so there is less loss through cabling... Also smaller transformers too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Atlis Trucks