Major Issues with service from Ford

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 10:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Major Issues with service from Ford

I'm from a third generation ford truck family. I've only owned ford trucks, but the wife wasn't as much a fan, until after we were so impressed with my 2012 f150, my wife decided to give Ford a try, and we bought a 2014 Escape. It's been in the shop now for transmission issues, under the ESP, since March 19. For a week and a half now, Todd Judy Ford service department here in Huntington, WV has been waiting on a response from Ford on how to handle the repairs. We had a rental car, but it expired 10 days after we dropped the escape off at the shop. Now, she's without a vehicle, we both work, and we're at the mercy of Ford. I've called customer service, and all they've done is initiated a complaint and told us we have to work it out with the dealer. In talking to friends that have been through extended service work from other manufacturers, the dealers have provided them with loaner cars. But this dealership will not budge.

Anybody have similar issues with a Ford dealer and find a way to take a complaint above a local dealership besides the customer support number: 1 (800) 392-3673?????

We're at the end of our patience with Ford right now.

Old 04-03-2018, 10:59 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Do you have rental coverage with your insurance? You could always get a rental thru them and avoid the dealer run around.

Old 04-03-2018, 11:31 PM
thanks 05Redfx4. We're calling the insurance tomorrow to check on that.

Old 04-04-2018, 07:40 AM

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
This is interesting... because a long time ago when I had my Escape, I had the transmission (dreaded CD4E) replaced 4 times. I always got a rental the second I had it towed to the dealer for the warranty service. Both under the B2B and the ESP. Every single time they would give me a rental and never asked for it back until the vehicle was completed.

Old 04-04-2018, 11:51 AM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
If the ESP doesn't cover a rental, not much you can really do. Loaners are strictly up to individual dealer discretion.

Old 04-05-2018, 08:15 PM
the ESP didn't have any limitations, however the dealer is claiming it was limited to only 10 days. its been in the shop 18 days and counting.

Old 04-11-2018, 10:17 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i would be calling the dealer, askin gwho you need to talk to at warranty company about an update.

I would then find another dealer and purhaps pay to have the car moved to a more user friendly dealer.

10 days should be enough time for a warranty person to come out and make an evaulation.

is your complaint with the dealer or with ford warranty. If ford warranty will not respond to the dealer, then you should be going after the ford esp warranty. did you buy the car from that dealer?

Old 04-13-2018, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by cowboykent
I'm from a third generation ford truck family. I've only owned ford trucks, but the wife wasn't as much a fan, until after we were so impressed with my 2012 f150, my wife decided to give Ford a try, and we bought a 2014 Escape. It's been in the shop now for transmission issues, under the ESP, since March 19. For a week and a half now, Todd Judy Ford service department here in Huntington, WV has been waiting on a response from Ford on how to handle the repairs. We had a rental car, but it expired 10 days after we dropped the escape off at the shop. Now, she's without a vehicle, we both work, and we're at the mercy of Ford. I've called customer service, and all they've done is initiated a complaint and told us we have to work it out with the dealer. In talking to friends that have been through extended service work from other manufacturers, the dealers have provided them with loaner cars. But this dealership will not budge.

Anybody have similar issues with a Ford dealer and find a way to take a complaint above a local dealership besides the customer support number: 1 (800) 392-3673?????

We're at the end of our patience with Ford right now.
Just keep calling. They should honor the ESP warranty. You can always lawyer up. Read ESP Warranty paperwork and see if the dealership is right about the 10 day limit. You need to figure out if you have a case. How about if it takes 3 months to fix your vehicle.

Old 04-15-2018, 09:40 AM

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
This was several years ago 2003-2007 era when I had my Escape.

It took Ford 30-45 days to fix the transmission. All of those days I had a rental and was never asked for it back until Ford was done with the work. They even took the extra step to make sure I had a "comparable" vehicle. In that case a SUV, even though I didn't care as long as I had wheels. They went above and beyond my expectations. Which is why I don't mind spending the extra money on the ESP. It is nice to have it when it's needed.

It appears as if the dealer is just an oddball one that is being sketchy and rather annoying.

I would call Ford and complain. Sometimes all it takes is a phone call or two to get something rectified not only for you, but for their future customers.

Old 04-17-2018, 09:07 PM
Hey all, thanks for the reply's.

The terms and conditions of the ESP warranty said a rental would be provided until repairs are completed, or for 10 days, whichever comes first. I've called the service department and complained so many times, i have their phone number memorized, and know all of the service department reps by name. I also contacted Fords customer service number several times. They've provided a case number, and that's it. a case number means absolutely nothing. they told me to continue to contact the dealer for updates. We're on day 30 today (lemon law). it's been two weeks waiting for Ford to decide how to make the repair, and now the part needed is on back order for at least another week. so best case, we're looking at a minimum of 40 days, and who knows how long this will drag out. It's pretty bad when the Enterprise rental car place across the street from the dealership said that they've never heard of the dealer not renting a car for their customer.

Ford is no longer a company that will stand behind their product and they certainly have shown they no longer care about their loyal customers. It's very difficult for me to admit that, as i stated earlier, i'm from a 3 generation ford family, and up until last month, had 3 Ford's sitting in my driveway....

Sad!

Old 04-17-2018, 11:06 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
Start posting on social media, most companies are sensitive to this kind of exposure.

Old 04-27-2018, 04:50 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
so what happened?

Old 05-30-2018, 03:30 PM
I totally agree with the posting on social media. I would post a tweet and tag their company publicly and get some of your family or friends to respond to it. They have PR monitoring that 24-7 and they will JUMP to resolve.

Quick Reply: Major Issues with service from Ford