Mustang Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 12:14 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mustang Forum

Looking for recommendations for a Mustang forum similar to the quality and character here at f150online, please post your recommendations!

Old 02-20-2018, 07:25 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm on Stang net. They have subforums for every body style ever built. there is a bunch of pretty knowledgeable people there, but traffic has slowed recently due to facebook groups, just like here.

Old 02-21-2018, 02:57 PM

Thanks 05RedFX4, I will check it out. I discovered Mustang6g.com which looks pretty good so far. I am interested in learning about mustangs, especially the late models. I had a 67 in 1978 when I was 16. I did not treat that car nicely and unfortunately sold it when I joined the Navy.

Old 02-21-2018, 03:24 PM

Got one now or just window shopping? I had a 89 fox body GT while I was in the navy, May 13 1991 it was stolen, never to be seen again. I currently have a 17 GT convertible in grabber blue that I just put a set of long tube headers on.

Old 02-21-2018, 03:36 PM

I am window shopping and educating myself. That's a shame you have never seen that 89 again. Amazing how cars disappear. The convertible looks great. With those mods you have listed I bet it sounds awesome. How much of a pia was it putting on the headers?

Old 02-21-2018, 04:05 PM

I was living in Phoenix at the time, and the cops told me that the thieves could do the speed limit and be across the border into mexico in 3 hours. They also said that if I don't hear anything about my car within 2 weeks chances are it will never be seen again.

These modern mustangs with the coyote engine is real tight under the hood, especially on the passenger side. Ford offsets the engine to the pass side and they leave you about an inch between the side of the engine and the fender well. You actually have to lift the engine and pull the mount just to gain enough clearance to get you hand and tools in there. Just an FYI, the coyote engine ( and the 4v modulars too) are so wide you have to severely cut back or entirely remove the shock towers in a classic mustang to put one in, they are slightly wider than a boss 429.

Old 02-22-2018, 05:18 PM

Well I guess those police were correct, unfortunately. I watched a youtube video of the long tube header install... very tight. Especially bolting on the header. Nice job.

Old 07-05-2019, 06:17 PM

Well. I picked up a 65 coupe 289 4v. Not in horrible shape.

Old 07-05-2019, 08:22 PM

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
When I was younger, I wanted either a 2003 Mustang Mach 1 or a Ford Escape... wound up getting the Escape.

I liked the vehicle, but the damn CD4E transmission was total garbage.

Looking back, I should've gotten the Mustang... but who knew?

Old 07-05-2019, 10:48 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
8 or so years ago, I was looking for a car for my stepson and we looked at a 2003 or 4 Mach I Mustang. It had headers and Borla exhaust. That car sounded so good and woke up feelings in me that I had not felt since my young pup days in the 60s and 70s. I ended up buying a Miata for my stepson which is what he preferred but I seriously considered buying that Mach I for myself. I had and still have a 2005 Dodge Magnum with the Hemi and it is fun to drive and powerful but just doesn't wake up those old passions like that Mach I with headers and Borla exhaust.

Old 07-06-2019, 01:19 PM

Yeah, I get the craving to buy something newer but older... but I already got a "project"... it's my '00 Dakota. Even though it's not really a project, but occasionally I'll need to do some maintenance.

I foresee in about ~3 or so years, I'll need to get new suspension components, brake lines, and struts. Not from any type of wear and tear, just age. I'm starting to see some cracking of the rubbers.

Only thing that has been replaced on it in ~20 years has been brake lines, pads/rotors, coolant, oil, rear diff fluid, and transmission fluid. All the suspension is OEM from the factory.

What's keeping everything so good is not being exposed to too much UV and moisture.

Only time it gets wet is once or twice a year to wash it down and wax it.

However, back to the Mustang, I really liked it... I regret not getting it. The reason I didn't get it, was because I already had a V8 something (even though it was my Dad's truck at the time, I drove it more than he did)... so I didn't care as much.

Right now I don't have the time nor the room to get another vehicle... maybe in ~10 years or so... I dunno... I'd rather spend it on my house keeping it looking nice, rather than a car. Plus I got a ton of "other" hobbies....

Old 07-06-2019, 03:55 PM
I guess that is part of "growing up", giving up those not so sensible hot rods.

Old 07-06-2019, 04:02 PM

Yup... I guess so.

Old 07-07-2019, 12:58 AM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Roadie
8 or so years ago, I was looking for a car for my stepson and we looked at a 2003 or 4 Mach I Mustang. It had headers and Borla exhaust. That car sounded so good and woke up feelings in me that I had not felt since my young pup days in the 60s and 70s. I ended up buying a Miata for my stepson which is what he preferred but I seriously considered buying that Mach I for myself. I had and still have a 2005 Dodge Magnum with the Hemi and it is fun to drive and powerful but just doesn't wake up those old passions like that Mach I with headers and Borla exhaust.

the DOHC motors can sound amazing

Old 07-07-2019, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by tarajerame
the DOHC motors can sound amazing
Yeah, I had Mach I fever for a couple months after that. I rarely get the fever any more but that Mach I gave me a bad case of car fever. During my young pup days I had several hot rod chevys and drag raced on the strip and street a lot. Speed demon I was with the speeding tickets and twice lost driving license to prove it. Now, I'm 75 and if I had that Mach I, I'd be getting speeding tickets again just having fun winding it up through the gears.

Quick Reply: Mustang Forum