R/C - What do you have?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 08:10 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
R/C - What do you have?

So, does anyone run any R/C rigs? I have just recently got back into the hobby and am totally addicted. I started out running nitro trucks and just got burnt out after a while. I always said if I got back into the hobby I would start with electric. And thats just what I have done!!

If you are into R/C list the rigs you have and post some pics if you can. It is pretty amazing the things they have out there in the R/C world these days. The technology has advanced alot since i was younger.

Here is what I got.

Helion Dominus 10SCV2 - Short Course Truck

Duratrax Onyx 3650kv Motor/ESC combo
Aluminum big bore shocks
Savox 0251 digital steering servo
Traxxas all terrain wheels/tires

I swapped the castle motor/ESC(Right) For the Duratrax motor/Esc(Left)

Here it is in the truck

Old 05-31-2015, 08:14 PM
I also have a Traxxas Stampede 2wd

Proline wheels/tires
Castle Sidewinder3 4600kv motor/esc
Traxxas Big bore shocks

I run these trucks on either a 2s or 3s lipo battery. They freakin fly on the 3s lipo.

I also have a Losi mini rock crawler. A Blade micro helicopter and a Spectre Quad rotor. dont have pics of those at the moment.

Last edited by BeauFlex; 05-31-2015 at 08:16 PM.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had a fair share of rc trucks. Been out of the game for a while but 2 months ago I picked up a 1/10 slash 4x4. It's awesome.
Fast and fun!!

Old 06-01-2015, 11:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had started one of these threads a little while back https://www.f150online.com/forums/ge...nes-boats.html

I have expanded my arsenal to a new quadcopter the DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ .... thing is ridiculous and shoots full HD video on a three axis gimbal mount. It has GPS location and will actually fly back home where it took off if signal is lost.

Old 06-01-2015, 01:22 PM
Former Sponsor
Just a quick heads up for anyone looking for a new R/C toy, Tasca carries Traxxas at very competitive prices. I haven't bought one yet but it's going to happen eventually, these Traxxas rigs are amazing especially compared to the stuff I grew up with.

http://www.tascaparts.com/Traxxas

-Steve

Old 06-01-2015, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by Pockets
I had started one of these threads a little while back https://www.f150online.com/forums/ge...nes-boats.html

I have expanded my arsenal to a new quadcopter the DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ .... thing is ridiculous and shoots full HD video on a three axis gimbal mount. It has GPS location and will actually fly back home where it took off if signal is lost.
Those DJI quads are freakin awesome. They can achieve a very high altitude. You should post up some video when you fly it.

The technology in the R/C hobby has just exploded in the past few years. It is crazy the things they make now days. In my opinion electric has caught up to and in many cases surpassed nitro/gas powered vehicles. The brushless motor technology along with the power of the Lipo (lithium polymer) batteries makes the r/c cars insanely fast now.

And now they have the first person view equipment. These guy put on a FPV headset and fly these racing multirotor copters through forests and stuff.

This is basically what these guys are seeing through the FPV headsets

Old 06-01-2015, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Tasca Ford Parts
Just a quick heads up for anyone looking for a new R/C toy, Tasca carries Traxxas at very competitive prices. I haven't bought one yet but it's going to happen eventually, these Traxxas rigs are amazing especially compared to the stuff I grew up with.

http://www.tascaparts.com/Traxxas

-Steve
That is cool that tasca is offering the traxxas vehicles. The prices are pretty competitive. There are places you can buy for a little cheaper online. Of course some of the bargain basement sites dont have the best reputation on customer service and shipment times.

Old 06-01-2015, 05:23 PM
Seriously... tell me this isnt cool... maybe a little weird/creepy, but cool.

A freaking R/C spider.

Old 06-02-2015, 09:56 AM
Damn that spider got mooves!!

Old 06-02-2015, 09:57 AM
This is an incredible video about quadcopters A little long but well well worth it!

Old 06-02-2015, 12:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I picked up a cheap but awesome dromida sc 4.18, 4wd 1/18, already put in the aluminum drivetrain kit and brushless hop up and was running it on a 2s lipo, it's way too light to run it at full tilt on concrete unless you slowly accelerate. Awesome $100 rc car to thrash around with.

Old 06-02-2015, 12:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mines a Classic from the 80's
Name:  2A688796-9612-4850-B164-E31E9B58D5F7_zpskiupmg0h.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  296.1 KB

Old 06-02-2015, 02:32 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by BeauFlex
That is cool that tasca is offering the traxxas vehicles. The prices are pretty competitive. There are places you can buy for a little cheaper online. Of course some of the bargain basement sites dont have the best reputation on customer service and shipment times.
We try to be sure that anything posted on our site is in stock in our warehouse and ready to ship.

I can also do a little better than posted prices for you guys so if anyone is interested in anything just shoot me the item number and I'll see what I can do.

-Steve

Old 06-19-2015, 10:56 PM
So i totally got a win this past week and traded my 2wd electric stampede for a Tmaxx 3.3 4wd nitro. The guy said he hated the nitro and wanted an electric and didnt care if there was a price difference between the two trucks. I had no problem taking that deal!

Only thing was the Tmaxx didnt have a body shell. I didnt want to just buy the stock traxxas shell so i decided on a clear lexan shell of a 72 Ford Bronco. This was my first time trimming and painting one of these. also was kind of a rush job because i am impatient. Got a litle overspray of gold paint on the bottom edges. You have to think backwards on these because you paint them on the inside of the shell.

Check it out:

I am going to get a shell for my short course truck next. The one i want is of a Ford F100. I think it will look bad ***.

Old 06-20-2015, 03:29 AM
I'm really big into planes, but school has kinda made me too lazy to pack up a plane and go fly. BeauFlex makes a good point about the tech in the hobby advancing so much. I was totally up to date on the tech in 2011-2012, Li-po battery chemistry, 2.4gHz frequency hopping transmitters, etc. were all brand new back then.

I'd love to dust off the Reactor and go fly, but it's been sitting for a year and a half, so I'll need to replace the fuel lines and probably rebuild the carb. The batteries in the plane and transmitter are approaching 6-7 years old, so I'll need to update those as well, but man these are fun.

Quick Reply: R/C - What do you have?