Are you a good samaritan? (and truck?)

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 08:58 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile Is your truck a good samaritan?

Today I left for work at 6:50 am (supposed to be there at 7:00 and its a 15 min drive on the highway @ 70 mph) but today it was raining so I was doing like 45. It was still dark out and I notice a few miles ahead someone going in the same direction as me had his emergency flashers on. Now if its raining REALLY HARD, I'll put mine on, but it wasnt that hard, I had my wipers on the "on" setting.

I finally catch up to him and go to pass him thinking hes just an old guy being cautious. I pull ahead of him doing 65+ (now I'm late for work) when I notice he has no headlights. It's almost 7 am EST and its raining and this guy dosent have any headlights. So I slow down to match his speed, crack my window and give him a wave, and flick on ym high-beams and instead of taking the highway to work I take the extremely-long way to work. He stays on my bumper for a good 10 miles until we enter the lit-up town limits. He peels off somewhere in town and I bang a left turn a mile ahead and roar off to work and I see him stopped at a intersection red light as I drive by and I see his familiar emergency flashers blinking on and off and when I look, I thought I saw something resembling a "thank you" hand wave out of his window.

Makes me happy to see my Hella 2020's and cleared up OEM headlights do something useful.

:o

Have you guys every used your truck to be a good samaritan?

Last edited by Raptor05121; 01-19-2008 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea there were 3 lanes going into one to the bay bridge. It is backed up for a couple miles because of the ****s going down the 3rd lane and cutting in. So what do I do? you guessed it! I got in the 3rd lane and rode next to the guy that was in front of me for the 2 miles to the bridge. Everyone hated me but the guy next to me was laughing so fricking hard! One guy even got so mad in his little M class that he drove in the grass median to get around me. Little S*** if I had seen him I would have ran him all the way to the other side of the road I got a huge kick out of it. It always makes me mad that people can't be patient and they have to be ****s and everyone else has to suffer. This has happened a few times. I love doing it it really makes people laugh their *** off at those jerks

Old 01-19-2008, 10:43 PM
[QUOTE=CRF250rider1000]Yea there were 3 lanes going into one to the bay bridge. It is backed up for a couple mil wes because of the ****s going down the 3rd lane and cutting in. So what do I do? you guessed it! I got in the 3rd lane and rode next to the guy that was in front of me for the 2 miles to the bridge. Everyone hated me but the guy next to me was laughing so fricking hard! One guy even got so mad in his little M class that he drove in the grass median to get around me. Little S*** if I had seen him I would have ran him all the way to the other side of the road I got a huge kick out of it. It always makes me mad that people can't be patient and they have to be ****s and everyone else has to suffer. This has happened a few times. I love doing it it really makes people laugh their *** off at those jerks:lol QUOTE]

x2

Yeah, I've been a good samaritan in my truck before. I see these 2 good looking broads hitchhiking on the side of the road one day, I had to be a good samaritan if I wanted to be or not, had to stop and give them a lift.

Old 01-19-2008, 10:44 PM
yep. and I get screwed over about 75% of the time...i still do it though, I think what goes around comes around...

Old 01-19-2008, 10:45 PM
I always help at accidents...does that count as being ''in'' my truck?

Old 01-19-2008, 10:49 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by nuclearthreat54
I always help at accidents...does that count as being ''in'' my truck?
I've already used my HAM radio to get medical, police and fire departments because people were getting the infamous "All circuits are busy" on a Sprint, Verizon, and Nextel phones! If it wasn't for my radio, we might have gotten help for a while.

BTW my rig is in my F150, if that counts too...

Old 01-20-2008, 01:02 AM
I always stop and hold up the cars behind me to let someone out of a side street or parking lot when traffic is heavy. It pisses people off but I know when I'm trying to get out onto a busy street, it's always nice when someone lets me in, I figure I'm returning the favor on down the line...

Old 01-20-2008, 01:56 AM
I try to be but I after today and other incidents like today I find it hard to keep being a nice guy.

Today...this dude in a 5.0 Mustang GT rolls up next to me, he takes off on the green and I am just rolling along....then I notice he has damn near a rear flat....so much so the rear wheel is starting to heat up and smoke. He is weaving through traffic....I catch up to him at a light and honk my horn, roll down the window and open my door and stand on my "nerf bar".....he opens the door and looks back at me. I say "you have a flat on your back wheel" he looks at me and flips me the bird......WTF???.....

This dude has sweet 20" wheels and is about to totally destroy one....what does he do? Takes off and smokes the rear wheels......what a total A-hole.

I really did feel like following him until he had to pull over then pull up next to him and offer help...then take off....

Old 01-20-2008, 01:58 AM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
I try to be but I after today and other incidents like today I find it hard to keep being a nice guy.

Today...this dude in a 5.0 Mustang GT rolls up next to me, he takes off on the green and I am just rolling along....then I notice he has damn near a rear flat....so much so the rear wheel is starting to heat up and smoke. He is weaving through traffic....I catch up to him at a light and honk my horn, roll down the window and open my door and stand on my "nerf bar".....he opens the door and looks back at me. I say "you have a flat on your back wheel" he looks at me and flips me the bird......WTF???.....

This dude has sweet 20" wheels and is about to totally destroy one....what does he do? Takes off and smokes the rear wheels......what a total A-hole.

I really did feel like following him until he had to pull over then pull up next to him and offer help...then take off....
Well, regardless if he did that or not. If I saw him get into a accident id still be the first one to stop. Cause I know that I would want any one to stop and help me.

Old 01-20-2008, 03:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
iv stopped at way to many crash scenes this winter. going alot i-90 during a snow storm i stopped at 6 in a 20 min distance. 4 where roll overs 2 were into trees. i drained my trama kit by the 3rd wreck. still it makes me feel good. i just hate the a$$holes who slow down for a little looky loo. damn i wanna hit them

Old 01-20-2008, 03:31 AM
I usally pull people out of ditches when it rains. Its funny seeing people slid into the median on the interstate. I remeber this one time, it just started raining so the roads were nice and slick. Here I am rumbling along in the ol F150. I see this Chevy Tahoe slid right into the median into the little ditch. So I think to myself do I turn around or not? I mean I wasnt doing anything the rest of the day. So I turned around to go see if I can't give them a tug. I pull up right when the cops show up. I get out and its freakin loaded down with hot girls, yeah they might have been 16ish or so but still none the less hot. I asked them if they wanted me to pull them out of the ditch? Well the cop had to ask questions and such. It ended up the cop getting behind the wheel of the tahoe as I pulled it out no problem. I got a kiss on the cheek and a hand shake from the cop. I got another one that just happend about 3 weeks ago. I just got out from church and it was dark. This guy had ran out of gas on a dark road on a hill. There wasn't any emergency lanes either. So he was right there in the right lane stuck. Only his rear flashers working. I dang near hit him when I passed him. I looked back and thought crap that mug is gonna get hit. So whip the truck around and go and try to find a dang place to hook a strap to a buick la sabre. Finally the cops show up right after I hook it up. So instead of me pulling him to a gas station about 2 mins down the road. He made us wait as he calls in our tag numbers as traffic is backing up at this point. Finally he let me pull him to a gas station. After we got there the cop was like do you know this guy I was like no. He said so you just go dirty because you didn't want him to get hit? I said pretty much I just hope if the day comes I run out of gas in the road someone will help me. The guy offered me money but I turned it down. I don't take money when I help someone out. Unless Unless it is some idot that calls me saying he was drunk and ran into a ditch or if someone I don't know is stuck in the middle of the night. wow that was long haha

Old 01-20-2008, 03:40 AM
i've helped people with jumps, and pulling them out of tight spots, never had anything big to help out with really

Old 01-20-2008, 03:50 AM
I'll yank people out of a ditch and such, but thats about it.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by 03fx4F150
Bla bla bla... I mean I wasnt doing anything the rest of the day. So I turned around to go see if I can't give them a tug. I pull up right when the cops show up. I get out and its freakin loaded down with hot girls, yeah they might have been 16ish or so but still none the less hot. I asked them if they wanted me to pull them out of the ditch? Well the cop had to ask questions and such. It ended up the cop getting behind the wheel of the tahoe as I pulled it out no problem. I got a kiss on the cheek and a hand shake from the cop. I got another one that just happend about 3 weeks ago. Bla bla bla....
The cop gave you a kiss on the cheek and a handshake too?

haha just kidding

Old 01-20-2008, 04:27 PM
Countless times I've helped people out. It's always in winter, either pushing someone out by hand with help, pulling them out with the truck (last resort) or even driving their vehicle out.

When I was 16 and coming back from work late on a Sat. night I saw a car in the snow on the side of the road. I saw the exhaust just a blowing and I could see the smoke coming off the tires as a young 30s year old woman was trying to drive out of the ditch. Mind you I was driving a pos car so I didn't think I'd be of too much help but, nonetheless, I stopped. In the backseat was her baby crying, probably from all the noise. I tried pushing her out by hand, but she was too hyserical to listen to me on how to turn the wheel and when to give it gas. She ended up getting out, told me to get it out, which, I did in about a minute (lol). I felt like a king and all I could accept from her was a big "thank you" and a huge hug.

To this day it has still been the best "help" I have given yet. I believe in karma and hope that one day if I get into some sticky situation someone will stop and help me (knock on wood it hasn't happened yet)!

Quick Reply: Are you a good samaritan? (and truck?)