F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.f150online.com/forums/general-discussion-55/)
-   -   Ladies and Gentlemen, It Is Time To End My Life! (https://www.f150online.com/forums/general-discussion/481424-ladies-gentlemen-time-end-my-life.html)

OGTerror 12-26-2012 11:33 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen, It Is Time To End My Life!

As some of you know, these past 3 years my health hasn't been that great. The last and final illness I had to battle was diabetes type 2 which I was able to kick its butt in less than six months. It was during my illness that I started to loss interest in the remodeling industry. I have a new passion now and that is to become an auto mechanic. So YES, you've read the topic correctly, it is time to end my life, as a contractor in the construction industry and start a new life in the automotive industry some time not too distant in the year 2013.

My new life will include, not a “new year’s resolution” but a lifelong resolution; that is to reach the zenith of every goal I set forth.

Here is my list:
1: Reach my goal of losing body mass until I'm at 135 lbs.

2: Rebuild/chisel my body with pure lean muscle to 148 lbs.

3: Go back to school and finish what I started, obtain an AS degree.

4: Learn to speak Italian and at least 1 more foreign language.

5: Become a trained automotive technician.

6: In March of 2014 my goal is set to, Not only participate in an Ironman
event, not only to finish an Ironman, BUT to finish FIRST in my age group,
40-44!

7: Open an auto repair shop with the idea in mind of it becoming the best off road shop in SoCal.

8: Ammm...uhmmmm.....stay tuned, the voices in my head are discussing number 8.

mixedbreed 12-27-2012 12:44 AM

i love you man!! i am glad your looking up!! see you soon.

jgger 12-27-2012 01:15 AM

I'll give you some encouraging words OG...........Don't do it, you are gonna fail , have you totally lost your mind, you don't stand a chance.

Can't think of any more right now. But one thing I know for sure is if anyone says you can't do something YOU PROVE THEM WRONG EVERY TIME!

Go get 'em buddy, and best of luck to you!

PawPaw 12-27-2012 10:11 AM

Mechanics are a thing of the past, most are now posing as technicians...you're still young enough and determined so I think you can do it!! :beers:

dsq3973 12-27-2012 10:16 AM

Leo, I'm really glad I read the entire post. I only read the title and I was about to get into my truck, drive to Cali, and kick some sense into you. :lol:

Go get em Leo, if anyone can come out on top it's you!

88racing 12-27-2012 10:19 AM

Go for it.....you only live once.....:beers:

fordtruckgirl 12-27-2012 11:18 AM

Good Luck!!!

Patman 12-27-2012 01:03 PM

You can do the offroad trucks, and ill do the lowered trucks :thumbsup:

Toyz 12-27-2012 05:48 PM

#8: Learn to play guitar (music)

All that hard work..... your mind may need some rest. Music is always good for the soul.

hagan525 12-28-2012 12:12 PM

Good Luck Way to keep a positve attitude!

stoffer 01-04-2013 12:29 PM

you're a "real O G"

meekercoopers 01-04-2013 07:46 PM

OG, you haven't put a single goal out there that isn't achievable. They are all "the new you vs. the old you". Thus, you get to decide who wins. My only advice would be, if you don't hit some of them in the time frame you've set, don't be disappointed. Keep moving forward. Even a small step forward is still a step forward. Best of luck with the goals and the illnesses you are battling. Please keep us posted.

radar's FX4 01-04-2013 07:52 PM

Go for it!

BROTHERDAVE 01-07-2013 03:30 PM

i dont know what would be harder:

starting an automobile specialty company in this economy , in California

or

finishing an ironman after less than 2 years training, i would have to guess that winning your age would require a sub 3 hour marathon.

and.....staying married.

I have a freind that just competed in Gladiator rock n run and he got down to under 8% body fat, 180# at 6ft tall, he looked like one of the guys from the spartan movie. nutrician was a hugh part of his training.

I would research the heck out of information for training schedual and nutrician to do this.

as for the business, i dont want to be a buzz kill, i have a very successful company but i know what it took to get there and i see all of the current and coming restrictions for small business. glad i am not starting today.

Remingtonry 01-07-2013 11:33 PM

Good for you! The title had me nervous for a minute there! Hell, I may even drive to Cali just to be your customer!