Old 12-18-2012, 09:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 12-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
That was quick....

Old 12-18-2012, 09:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow you mean they actually waited for FACTS to come out before spouting off? What a shocker in today's society.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ryanwagner78
Wow you mean they actually waited for FACTS to come out before spouting off? What a shocker in today's society.
For real.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
But making up the facts to suite your personal agenda is soooo much more advantageous.

Old 12-19-2012, 05:40 AM
I love how everyone wants a statement from the NRA after a shooting, you know when the shooters aren't even NRA members, I don't see the same enthusiasm shown about auto accidents "hum, where is GM/FORD/CHEVY on this? What no statement?" Auto accidents have gone up since 2006, don't see folks wanting the auto industry to comment - why - because that would be stupid.

Last edited by ryanwagner78; 12-19-2012 at 05:42 AM.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:34 AM
I love how everyone wants a statement from the NRA after a shooting, you know when the shooters aren't even NRA members, I don't see the same enthusiasm shown about auto accidents "hum, where is GM/FORD/CHEVY on this? What no statement?" Auto accidents have gone up since 2006, don't see folks wanting the auto industry to comment - why - because that would be stupid.
Yea as stupid as disarming civilians with more gun control and empowering criminals that could care less about the law.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:49 AM
Build Tracking Moderator
Every time something as terrible as this happens, more and more people are supporting stricter gun control, willing to give up rights our forefathers fought for.
Point is, we already have gun control.

Just maybe, the ultimate goal is to disarm all civilians.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:58 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Avfrog, here you go. Next time, why don't you use a more reliable source for your news than MSN.

The reported statement reads as follows:

"The National Rifle Association of America is made up of four million moms and dads, sons and daughters – and we were shocked, saddened and heartbroken by the news of the horrific and senseless murders in Newtown.

Out of respect for the families, and as a matter of common decency, we have given time for mourning, prayer and a full investigation of the facts before commenting.

The N.R.A. is prepared to offer meaningful contributions to help make sure this never happens again."

PS: You can also find the full text of the NRA's statement on the NRA's website (NRA.COM for those who can't figure out the obvious). Their statement is on the second page of of their blog http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg/text/latest_blog,2. It took me all of about ten seconds to find it! BTW in their original statement (unedited by the propoganda, er I mean, "news" media, the NRA says that they will hold a major news conference in Washington DC on Dec 21rst.

Last edited by joe51; 12-19-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:10 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i think the major factor is, most people dont have the knowledge on firearms. Yes, the gaming and movie industry is big on these. But as a gun owner, and the son of a firearms instructor i know the difference between right and wrong. The NRA did a great thing on holding back and waiting for facts on what was happening. I can't help bring back all of the victims of the shootings, but we as a whole can help realize, even if the guy didn't have a gun he would have killed quite a few with other objects. He went in with blood on his mind, he got it. A person who is mentally unstable can think without reason. Has anyone noticed a reoccurring theme in these shootings? Mentally ill, or social issues. Most people want to get one of the mechanisms out of the hands of the person, but yet he would still be motivated to do so with something else...

Old 12-19-2012, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by 1997 lariat 4.6
i think the major factor is, most people dont have the knowledge on firearms. Yes, the gaming and movie industry is big on these. But as a gun owner, and the son of a firearms instructor i know the difference between right and wrong. The NRA did a great thing on holding back and waiting for facts on what was happening. I can't help bring back all of the victims of the shootings, but we as a whole can help realize, even if the guy didn't have a gun he would have killed quite a few with other objects. He went in with blood on his mind, he got it. A person who is mentally unstable can think without reason. Has anyone noticed a reoccurring theme in these shootings? Mentally ill, or social issues. Most people want to get one of the mechanisms out of the hands of the person, but yet he would still be motivated to do so with something else...
x2.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:31 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
X3.....

Old 12-19-2012, 10:32 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Has anyone noticed a reoccurring theme in these shootings? Mentally ill, or social issues. .

Yes, LOSERS that want to get their 15 minutes of fame. Or more correctly INFAMY. And the news media is actively helping them do it by playing up these incidents. If these losers weren't getting national and even international attention then they wouldn't be committing these horrible crimes. It's no different from when the Palestinians where hijacking airplanes in the 1970s. The intense news coverage only encouraged more hijackings but when the news media quite giving them so much coverage they stopped hijacking planes!

As far as "assault weapons" are concerned, if you recall the last time the anti-gunners and news media played up this up they blamed everything on the AK-47s and the AK-47s became the gun of choice of the look-at-me-too losers and teeny bopper gang bangers. Now they're demonizing the AR-15s so the losers are switching to those now.

The fact is the news media is creating these events! Not as directly as William Randolph Hearst once used to stage phony news worthy events but they're creating a ready made audience for any loser that wants attention!

Old 12-19-2012, 10:44 AM
I think the mentally unstable card has been played out here. This kid was clearly intent on doing damage and racking up a body count with the way he planned out this attack and sabotaged his computers so no information could be recovered off the hard drives. The more I read about this the more it show's that he was cold and calculating in the way it way it was carried out.

Now let me put on my firearms instructor hat for a minute. The last CCW class I was involved in there were 42 people and we have a class coming up on the 29th of this month with 60 people signed up as of last night. That's a 30% increase from the last class that was held in October so what does that tell you? I don't know about you but it tells me that people are not going to take this lying down no matter what side of the fence they're on. The facts are that you have to be accountable for your actions and the firearms that you own and lock them up along with the ammo. A trigger lock is unacceptable they have to be in a gun safe that you and only you have access to. Educate your kids while they are still young that once a bullet leaves the barrel there is no calling it back or hitting reset like a video game and there are consequences for there actions. If you really want to do something, take the game console out your home and destroy it along with the games and takes your kids camping, hunting, or teach them a skill instead of letting them rot in front a big screen flat panel with games like C.O.D, W.O.W, and Grand Theft auto.

I'll shut up now and get off my soap box.

Quick Reply: but where, is the NRA?