Video: How to buy a silencer

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 07:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Video: How to buy a silencer

Ok after constantly answering questions on my YT channel (The NFA Review Channel - YouTube) on the legalities of firearm silencers I figured I would just do a video on it! lol

More info has been added to the description below the video. If you see a typo or want me to add something please let me know.

I hope you enjoy the video. If you have a YT account leave a comment under the video. Thanks!

Old 09-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Its nice to see that somebody made a video about it. My dad has a few, and its crazy how people think you need all sorts of licenses to get one. I've even had a few people come up to me and tell me that my dad owned them illegally because it was illegal for any citizens to own them. I am suprised though that nobody has commented on the title calling it a silencer, anything above a suppressed .22LR is still pretty loud, especially high velocity calibers.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:34 AM
I want one of the .22 LR Rugers the US Navy Seals use to employ.

Built in suppression and stainless steel.

About 1500$ if you can find one.

Title II AWC TM-Amphibian 'S' integrally-suppressed variant used by U.S. Navy SEALs
The suppressed Mk II is used by United States Navy SEALs[2] and pest control officers.[citation needed] This variant is considerably quieter than a standard Mk II and accurate to 70 m (230 ft).[3]

The AWC TM-Amphibian "S" is an integrally-suppressed variant of the Ruger Mk II Target .22 LR pistol. The sound suppressor uses a primary baffle of 303 stainless steel and a secondary baffle of 6061-T6 aluminium alloy. The AWC weapon manual states, "This suppressor is 'Amphibious' and can be fired with water. A couple of tablespoons of water can be poured into the suppressor for extra quiet operation."[4] It uses both standard and high velocity ammunition reliably and is finished in U.S. Navy spec stainless-matte finish. The pistol has an overall length of 13.25 in (33.7 cm), a suppressor length of 7 in (18 cm), a diameter of 1 in (2.5 cm) and weighs 41 oz (1,200 g).[5] This weapon is classified in the U.S. as a Title II weapon and requires a $200 transfer or manufacture tax in addition to registration with the ATF.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:39 PM
^ there are better integrals out now. AWC is outdated. They are neat pistols to suppress.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:16 PM
A few people at the range thought they were illegal. I have explained how to buy them and after letting them shoot mine, they are now waiting for their stamps.

I have a SWR Octane9 on a G19 using 147gr and it is very quiet. you hear the bullet hitting the backstop and the action moving.

Name:  glocks001a.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  66.6 KB

Old 09-10-2012, 03:23 AM
Very good video man. I don't know how many people I've had insist to me that you have to be a Class 3 FFL to purchase or own these things.

Quick Reply: Video: How to buy a silencer