Kawasaki 15 hp engine v-twin

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 01:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kawasaki 15 hp engine v-twin

anyone familiar with this type engine, air cooled, on a 42" rider? I'm putting rings in mine and have noticed something unbelievable. On the rod caps, there is no alignment slot to center the caps!!!!!! just the bolts. As opposed to Briggs, for example, has a slot and groove so the cap will always be dead centered. This is crazy. I've been googlin this and haven't found anything. Trying to get on a forum but havent found a good one yet, for lawn mowers.Help! thanks...

Old 06-02-2012, 08:07 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by rossford
anyone familiar with this type engine, air cooled, on a 42" rider? I'm putting rings in mine and have noticed something unbelievable. On the rod caps, there is no alignment slot to center the caps!!!!!! just the bolts. As opposed to Briggs, for example, has a slot and groove so the cap will always be dead centered. This is crazy. I've been googlin this and haven't found anything. Trying to get on a forum but havent found a good one yet, for lawn mowers.Help! thanks...
It's un american

BUT, it's a good engine. Kawasaki has good mower engines, even the older ones. That's what I had in both John Deere's. I can't say one bad thing about them.

Quick Reply: Kawasaki 15 hp engine v-twin