Undercover Police Mustang GT - Video

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 01:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Undercover Police Mustang GT - Video

Heya Ford Folks!

A good friend of mine is an officer in the New Mexico Mounted Patrol, and I helped him design and install emergency lights in his 2008 Mustang GT. We just finished it up not too long ago and decided to make a video to put up on YouTube. I thought my fellow F-150 owners might enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C79rDp323iU

Let me know what you think! Questions and comments are welcome.

Old 09-25-2011, 01:56 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks like a highway patrolmans dream car. We used to have lots of Mustang highway patrol cars back in the 90's here in Utah. Havent seen any lately. That one would fool you. couldnt tell until all those lights came on.

Old 09-25-2011, 02:02 PM
I think all police cars should be marked.

Old 09-25-2011, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by Alex_4.2L
I think all police cars should be marked.
I concur sadly the trend is going the other direction, where there's no cop involved at all, just a camera, a contractor, a municipality and money.

Old 09-25-2011, 05:04 PM
Very well thought out and executed set-up, im impressed.

Some serious coin put down in that set up, is this his personal car or a dept. vehicle?

Things I like:
The LED's when the trunk deck is up, nice touch.
No spotlight. The cops down here have tons of super stealth Chargers, right down to regular plates, but lose the stealth with a big old spotlight hanging from the side mirror.
Dark windshield tint strip hiding the interior light bar when not lit, very nice.

Things to look at:
The antennas. Probably not possible to change due to bandwidth issues, but from the rear a giveaway. I do keep in mind that 99.99999% of drivers will never notice this and speed right past this guy, but its something I am always on the look out for.

Again, strong work. If you dont do this professionally, you should. This guy is going to need to invest in a LOT of pens for all the tickets he'll be writing.

Old 09-25-2011, 05:21 PM
Damn that thing is awesome, I sure hope they start doing better ones once I become a police officer. The truck that my friend has is is pretty cool but no where near the quality of lighting that car has great job with the stealth factor. If someone was unsure of what to look for they would never notice this as any different from any other GT. Did you ever think of night shading the lights on the mirrors that would make it even more stealthy, that is pretty much all I would really change.

Old 09-25-2011, 05:40 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
that will screw someones day up

Old 09-25-2011, 07:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That kicks *** man!

Old 09-25-2011, 07:38 PM
Very nice job on that.

I agree that if I saw that car from the rear I'd pick him off as a cop right away with the antennas on the trunk. Other than that it's a perfect install.

I also really like the spoiler LEDs. It's cool how they light up under the spoiler against the white paint when the trunk is closed. Makes it look like two giant lights under each end of the spoiler.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:17 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Very impressive, but I have two comments:
1. The lighting should indicate "direction". Red lights on the left side of the vehicle, blue or green lights on the right side. That way, you can tell at a distance if you are approaching the rear of the vehicle or the front. I think this "navigation standard" is followed on all ordinary police vehicles, as it is on aircraft, and if not, it should be.

2. I'm all for undercover/stealth police vehicles, but have a bit of a problem when they're used for routine traffic stops. There's been too many stories about "fake cops" (in unmarked cars) stopping people for unpleasant purposes. I've decided that if I see such a vehicle on my rear, he's just going to have to follow me for a while, preferably to the nearest police station.
Nevertheless, that's a nice bit of work, and very stealthy.

- Jack

Old 09-25-2011, 10:01 PM
You guys who say this is awesome crack me up. Yeah its great that our tax dollars our being spent to for something to look "awesome" and make it easier for them to pull us over and make us go a "safe" speed. We've been fed lies folks. Its not about officer safety our going a safe speed. Its about control and until we wake up the noose will only get tighter and tighter.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:26 PM
You guys who say this is awesome crack me up. Yeah its great that our tax dollars our being spent to for something to look "awesome" and make it easier for them to pull us over and make us go a "safe" speed. We've been fed lies folks. Its not about officer safety our going a safe speed. Its about control and until we wake up the noose will only get tighter and tighter.
What? Chill out Mr. Conspiracy.

This is a privately owned vehicle. The owner paid for everything installed as far as I can tell.

From the description of the video on YouTube:
Personally owned undercover slicktop Mustang cop car working for the New Mexico Mounted Patrol.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:47 PM
If you think the government wanting more control over our lives is a conspiracy you must be blind.

Old 09-26-2011, 01:37 AM
If you think the government wanting more control over our lives is a conspiracy you must be blind.
Wow man, I'm sorry, but that's some weapons grade derp right there. If you think the government is taking control then ok, believe what you want, but I fail to see how this video got you there.

This car is owned, registered, and driven daily by a good friend of mine. He paid for it, he paid for all the lights, and he and I personally spent two months worth of weekends putting it together with no help from any state agency or any taxpayer. It looks "Awesome" because my friend spent the money on the best lights we could find, and we spent our own time making sure it was a nice install. We take pride in our work, in other words. Both of us are computer programmers and database geeks by day, so this install was a challenge that was a lot of fun.

The vehicle is used mostly for outreach, traffic assistance, and DUI checkpoint work.

Furthermore, the agency he works with is the New Mexico Mounted Patrol. They are an UNFUNDED state agency made up of UNPAID volunteers who work for the Governor. They are commissioned officers of the law who undergo the exact same training regimen as New Mexico State Police and spend their nights and weekends assisting law enforcement in doing DUI patrols, checkpoints, traffic stops, traffic direction, and crowd control for special events.

My friend certainly isn't out to pull anyone's noose tighter... although he DOES do some contract work for the DoD during the day so... maybe you better keep your tinfoil hat handy, just in case.

Old 09-26-2011, 01:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love gov't haters.

Quick Reply: Undercover Police Mustang GT - Video