this just makes me sick

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 08:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this just makes me sick

i don't know if anyone has discussed this here yet, if they have, i'm sorry. i am trying to air out a little!
how in the world can the President of the United States say he's a christian and a child of God and then say that he approves same sex marriages? i also heard today that he wants those votes to help him in 2 years. didn't he snowball enough people already???? hell, he's not even an American, let alone the President (in my eyes) and people fell for it. i don't care about politics, race, origin or anything else when it comes to the church as long as you believe in God and know he is your personal savior (there is only one), but i feel like he (Obama) has pushed the limit with his lies. enough is enough, what were people thinking? look what is happening to the world. everything is falling into place according to the bible. i hope you are prepared, God knows i am.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:07 PM
Obama is a liar, plain and simple. No Christian would give obeisance to a Saudi King, among others.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by 03GT04FX4
i don't know if anyone has discussed this here yet, if they have, i'm sorry. i am trying to air out a little!
how in the world can the President of the United States say he's a christian and a child of God and then say that he approves same sex marriages? i also heard today that he wants those votes to help him in 2 years. didn't he snowball enough people already???? hell, he's not even an American, let alone the President (in my eyes) and people fell for it. i don't care about politics, race, origin or anything else when it comes to the church as long as you believe in God and know he is your personal savior (there is only one), but i feel like he (Obama) has pushed the limit with his lies. enough is enough, what were people thinking? look what is happening to the world. everything is falling into place according to the bible. i hope you are prepared, God knows i am.
Besides the unfounded hate you are spewing, this post is loaded with inaccuracies:

1. Obama has never said he approves of same sex marriage. The reason he called off the Justice Dept. from the anti-DOMA cases is because they are most likely unconstitutional.

2. There is no evidence that Obama is not an American.

3. If Obama was really interested in pandering the GLBT vote, he would have been far more actively involved with the repeal of DADT instead of waiting until others had pushed it to the brink, then jumping on board.

4. Have you heard of separation of Church and State (it's in the First Amendment of our Constitution; Google it if you have forgotten)? Religion has no place in government. That is the only way all of us, Christians included, can be assured of religious freedom. Otherwise, the ruling religion will be able to ram their religion down everyone's throats.

I'm no fan of Obama and his lies (about the only thing you got right). I am a Christian and believe Jesus is my Savior (I notice you didn't give Him proper billing and I don't remember God or Jesus spouting or advocating such hatred. I do remember what He had to say in Matthew 7:1 and Luke 6:37. I strongly suggest you read those again (if you haven't already), taking time to put away your hatred and try to grasp His message. I know I do not want to stand before Him on Judgement Day and hear Him ask me, "You said and did WHAT in My Name?" Do you?

Btw, you wouldn't be associated with the Westboro Baptist Church, would you?

Old 02-27-2011, 09:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald
Besides the unfounded hate you are spewing, this post is loaded with inaccuracies:

1. Obama has never said he approves of same sex marriage. The reason he called off the Justice Dept. from the anti-DOMA cases is because they are most likely unconstitutional.

2. There is no evidence that Obama is not an American.

3. If Obama was really interested in pandering the GLBT vote, he would have been far more actively involved with the repeal of DADT instead of waiting until others had pushed it to the brink, then jumping on board.

4. Have you heard of separation of Church and State (it's in the First Amendment of our Constitution; Google it if you have forgotten)? Religion has no place in government. That is the only way all of us, Christians included, can be assured of religious freedom. Otherwise, the ruling religion will be able to ram their religion down everyone's throats.

I'm no fan of Obama and his lies (about the only thing you got right). I am a Christian and believe Jesus is my Savior (I notice you didn't give Him proper billing and I don't remember God or Jesus spouting or advocating such hatred. I do remember what He had to say in Matthew 7:1 and Luke 6:37. I strongly suggest you read those again (if you haven't already), taking time to put away your hatred and try to grasp His message. I know I do not want to stand before Him on Judgement Day and hear Him ask me, "You said and did WHAT in My Name?" Do you?

Btw, you wouldn't be associated with the Westboro Baptist Church, would you?

Now I know you wouldn't refer to the OP and his drivel as sounding like the fine Rev. Phelps?

Is Obummer a good president? No! I hope the Democrats find someone else to run in 2012 and knock him out of the primaries. I doubt I could bring myself to vote Republican because I am sure they are going to march some idiot out there (Palin). H. Ross Perot...you got your ears on????

That said, the bigotry and hatred in this country is ridiculous. I seriously thought as a country we had come to the point of accepting people's race, sexuality, etc but it seems the haters have reared their heads.

The battle over gay rights is the exact same crap that went down in the 1960's regarding race issues. Just a different subject matter. Otherwise you can plug it all in the same context and there isn't much difference.

Get over it already. You don't have to become gay, befriend them, or go near them. They are here and deserve equal rights. Would I want one of my kids to come home and say they are gay? No...that said...it is what it is and you've still got to love them because they are your kid.

Old 02-27-2011, 11:09 PM
some people feel it is wrong to compare the homosexual rights movement to the civil rights movement on the basis of homosexuality being a lifestyle choice, and not a product of genetic makeup (ie, gender, race, etc.)

homosexuals haven't been discriminated against, persecuted, and enslaved like African-Americans once were in this country. (not to say they haven't been in other parts of the world.)

Old 02-27-2011, 11:38 PM
I seen this sticker once on a back glass it read.
O ne
B ig
A ss
M istake
A merica

Old 02-27-2011, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by minimonster17
some people feel it is wrong to compare the homosexual rights movement to the civil rights movement on the basis of homosexuality being a lifestyle choice, and not a product of genetic makeup (ie, gender, race, etc.)

homosexuals haven't been discriminated against, persecuted, and enslaved like African-Americans once were in this country. (not to say they haven't been in other parts of the world.)

No they haven't been enslaved but this guy might disagree with you with regard to being persecuted and discriminated against??

http://www.edgeboston.com/index.php?...sc3=&id=112348

I am not an expert on genetics and all of that but even in the wild, there is a percentage of gay animals. I don't know? I am sure some choose the lifestyle and some may be truly born gay...I don't have a personal experience to tell you from.

Either way...no one has to agree with me (few do on this board)! I personally could care less who anyone wants to marry as long as they are doing it of their own free will and are of legal age and capacity to make their own decisions. It isn't like there is a real sanctity of marriage in this country...half end in divorce! No one tells Liz Taylor that she can't get married...what is she up to? Eight?

For all I care groups of 20 can marry (not sure why they would want to)...one set of in-laws is enough for me!!!

Old 02-28-2011, 12:17 AM
I have a sticker on my truck (rear window) that states, "OUCK FBAMA". That pretty clearly describes my feeling about the matter. I will vote Republican as I have done my entire adult life. I don't care if it's Palin, Perot or Ted Nugent. Republicans hold views which are close to mine. No party is perfect, it's just the one I agree with most.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:25 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It does, what country are you from? The first amendment for the USA states:
Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I don't see the word separation anywhere in there. In fact the words separation, church and state are never mentioned anywhere in the Constitution.

This false idea started from an letter by Thomas Jefferson to the Danbury Baptists. The purpose of this letter was to clarify that the Federal government would not do anything to establish a state church ie Church of England. The relevant portion of the letter says, "...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between Church & State."

Further on in the letter he admonishes the church to be active in the government to ensure their views would be protected.

As for the rest of this thread, obama sucks and a lot of people don't like him. Add me to the list of people that voted against him in 2008 and hope he is in the unemployment line in January 2013.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:31 AM
some people feel it is wrong to compare the homosexual rights movement to the civil rights movement on the basis of homosexuality being a lifestyle choice, and not a product of genetic makeup (ie, gender, race, etc.)...
Haven't read the news much, have you?

Homosexuality is not a choice (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology...al_orientation). That kills this argument.

...homosexuals haven't been discriminated against, persecuted, and enslaved like African-Americans once were in this country. (not to say they haven't been in other parts of the world.)
Other than physical enslavement (mental enslavement, i.e. being forced to live in the closet, is another story), this is completely untrue. In most States and cities, GLBT people can be denied access to housing, medical care, employment, service in stores and restaurants, etc., same as it was for African Americans prior to the civil rights acts. Racially mixed marriages were also prohibited. GLBT youth are the top targets for bullying in schools, resulting in the highest number of suicides.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:49 AM
Originally Posted by Wookie
It does, what country are you from? The first amendment for the USA states:
Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I don't see the word separation anywhere in there. In fact the words separation, church and state are never mentioned anywhere in the Constitution.

This false idea started from an letter by Thomas Jefferson to the Danbury Baptists. The purpose of this letter was to clarify that the Federal government would not do anything to establish a state church ie Church of England. The relevant portion of the letter says, "...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between Church & State."

Further on in the letter he admonishes the church to be active in the government to ensure their views would be protected.

As for the rest of this thread, obama sucks and a lot of people don't like him. Add me to the list of people that voted against him in 2008 and hope he is in the unemployment line in January 2013.
I'm from the USA. Where are you from?

See Board of Education of Kiryas Joel Village School District v. Grumet, 512 U.S. 687 (1994).

Also, read this quote:

To those who cite the first amendment as reason for excluding God from more and more of our institutions and everyday life, may I just say: The first amendment of the Constitution was not written to protect the people of this country from religious values; it was written to protect religious values from government tyranny. – Ronald Reagan

True, the actual term came from the Jefferson letter but the intent was to keep religion (at the time, a State Church like the Church of England in England) from influencing govenment in any way, thus compromising religious freedom for all people. This is essentially separation of Church and State.

I agree Obama is a huge disappointment (to put it mildly). I voted for him but, despite my disappointment with him, I don't regret it because it kept McCain out. If McCain had got in, between him and Palin, this country would be a bigger mess than it is now and the wars we are involved in now would have probably escalated and we might even be in another one or two. The man is also as big of a liar as Obama.

Old 02-28-2011, 01:01 AM
I'm from the USA. Where are you from?

See Board of Education of Kiryas Joel Village School District v. Grumet, 512 U.S. 687 (1994).

Also, read this quote:

To those who cite the first amendment as reason for excluding God from more and more of our institutions and everyday life, may I just say: The first amendment of the Constitution was not written to protect the people of this country from religious values; it was written to protect religious values from government tyranny. – Ronald Reagan

True, the actual term came from the Jefferson letter but the intent was to keep religion (at the time, a State Church like the Church of England in England) from influencing govenment in any way, thus compromising religious freedom for all people. This is essentially separation of Church and State.

I agree Obama is a huge disappointment (to put it mildly). I voted for him but, despite my disappointment with him, I don't regret it because it kept McCain out. If McCain had got in, between him and Palin, this country would be a bigger mess than it is now and the wars we are involved in now would have probably escalated and we might even be in another one or two. The man is also as big of a liar as Obama.

X9999999

Old 02-28-2011, 01:25 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Lady Fitzgerald
Actually that's bas-akwards, this country was founded by people looking for religious freedom that wasn't perverted by government. The first amendment is to insure that government keeps it's tenticles out of religious institutions. Reagan had it right.

Old 02-28-2011, 01:39 AM
Originally Posted by jgger
Actually that's bas-akwards, this country was founded by people looking for religious freedom that wasn't perverted by government. The first amendment is to insure that government keeps it's tenticles out of religious institutions. Reagan had it right.

Regardless of original intent, America is supposed to be a free land where people can worship as they choose. You can pretty much do anything as long as it doesn't directly infringe upon another's rights.

Seriously, do you all want religion to play a role in our country as it does in Iran or Saudi Arabia?

I certainly do not wish to live that way.

This is the thing that kills me about conservatives. They support BIG government when it fits their needs. Big government is great when it dictates what people should believe, what they do to their body or who they want to be with.

I at least respect Libertarians for being consistent.

I guess that is where I differ from the conservatives. I want my freedom. I could care less about the money. I can always earn more and I can't take it with me when I die anyway. If it means that a few undeserving people get to sponge off of my efforts, so be it.

I would rather have some lazy welfare recipient take a few hundred off of us than some crooked Wall Street guy take a few billion off us.

Old 02-28-2011, 01:55 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
K-Mac once again you are all over the map. From Saudia Arabia to wall street?

The first amandment protects us from a Saudia Arabian type of government (as it applies to religion).

And I don't think that wall street is taking billions off of you (maybe I'm wrong) I don't think you have billions to be taken.

IDK maybe the Tiger suit is too tight!

Sorry couldn't pass that last one up.

Quick Reply: this just makes me sick