htc inspiere or iphone 4. can't decide

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 10:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
htc inspiere or iphone 4. can't decide

*just noticed i spelt inspire wrong! haha oh well..

so my 3g has crapped out on me and luckily i have an ugrade. but i cant decide between the htc inspire or the iphone 4. im leaning towards the htc inspire because its only $99 and the iphone 4 is $199.

has anybody had any experience with the htc inspire? i like it but i know the iphone is a lot more user friendly, atleast in my experiences it has been. lol so if anybody had input, i want to hear it. good and bad..

Old 02-22-2011, 10:46 PM
neither...get an android phone. I got the sprint lg optimus.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:35 AM
im on at&t. the dude said something bout android but all i understand is the name and brand. haha is android a brand? he made it seem more like a software or whatever something like that is called when it comes to phones

Old 02-23-2011, 12:52 AM
Android is an smart phone operating system, kind of like Windows / Linux / OSX on computers.

Several device makers offer Android devices (the HTC Inspire is one such device), however, I would recommend iPhone 4 if you want the largest selection of apps and the most mature and feature rich apps. Android is getting pretty close, but it has its issues with application fragmentation and a bunch of apps that 'sort of' work.

Windows Phone (like Android, is another mobile OS) is not quite at a level that I would recommend it, however, my old man got one and loves it, except it lacks alot of full featured apps currently.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love my Iphone. It's the first "smart" phone I've had. Pretty cool gizmo, I haven't managed to break it yet

Old 02-23-2011, 03:26 AM
Since you are on a GSM phone (AT&T) I would find a cheap one online (Craig's List) and ride it out until the new version of the IPhone comes out this summer if you are going the IPhone direction.

Android phones are cool and have lots of apps available. I have been a BlackBerry user for a long time and like the BB Torch. I have an unlocked Torch I run on T-Mobile (like their customer service better and cheaper).

If you are getting a phone right now, I would probably go Android (I think there are a couple 4G phones they have) as it won't be outdated in a few months. They usually issue updated ones every summer and I assume the new one will be a 4G phone by then. Plus they had a quite a few bugs with the IPhone 4. You may want to get an older IPhone as an alternative.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:23 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
If you want an iPhone, I would hold out for the next gen model which if Apple follows their usual routine, will probably be out sometime this summer.

There's some pretty hot Android devices in the pipeline as well.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:15 PM
thanks for all the input guys. the shop floor has been hell on mine and i dont like otter boxes because of their bulkiness. i'll probably wind up with the htc inspire just because the price is pretty low and it does have the 4g whatever y'll was talking about. since you guys say android is atleast "decent" it will work for me. as long as it does normal stuff good im all for it. lol i can get a 3gs for 50 but i want something a little different. maybe this summer if the new iphone is a total badass i might go ahead and buy one if the htc doesnt meet the standards. i'll hopefully have it thursday afternoon. i just wanted to make sure i wasnt going to be buying junk. lol

Quick Reply: htc inspiere or iphone 4. can't decide