Free vinyl decals... Built Ford Tough without your tax dollars

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 09:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Already have one that I got off ebay. Good find though.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:05 AM
there was a report that the federal reserve gave $26.8 billion to Ford, Toyota, and BMW

Old 01-06-2011, 10:37 AM
Oredered, thanks!

Old 01-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In the depths of the financial collapse, the U.S. Federal Reserve pumped $3.3 trillion into keeping credit moving through the economy. It eventually lent $57.9 billion to the auto industry — including $26.8 billion to Ford, Toyota and BMW.

The Fed on Wednesday was forced to reveal the identity of the companies it aided during the crisis, after contending to Congress that keeping their identities and the details of such lending secret was essential. Much of Wall Street, and corporate giants such as General Electric, Harley Davidson and McDonald's, took advantage of the Fed's help. We've done the math on how the Fed propped up the auto industry.

While Chrysler and General Motors had to go to Congress to beg for cash in 2008, every other automaker's finance arm was having trouble as well. Typically, once they lend money to a buyer, they sell the loan, get the cash upfront, then pump the proceeds back into the business. They also take out short-term loans called commercial paper that keeps the day-to-day business afloat. The crash cut the circuit, raising the chances the automakers couldn't make loans to buyers and keep selling new vehicles.

That's where the Fed stepped in. In normal circumstances, the Fed only lends money to banks, leaving the decisions about who should get credit to them. But when the financial markets started to collapse in late 2008, the Fed set up several programs to lend money directly to corporations, a highly unusual step.

According to the data, from October 2008 through June 2009 the fed bought $45.1 billion in commercial paper from the credit arms of four automakers - Ford, BMW, Chrysler and Toyota - along with GMAC (the former General Motors credit arm). Of those, Ford sold the most, with $15.9 billion.

The Fed also lent $13 billion to investors who bought bonds backed by loans to new car buyers from automakers and banks. The Fed made clear that while investors got the loans, the move was meant to keep the lenders in business; the credit arms of Ford, Chrysler, Nissan, Volkswagen, Honda and Hyundai all benefited directly.

Ford spokeswoman Christin Baker said the two programs "addressed systemic failure in the credit markets, and that neither program was designed for a particular company, or even a particular industry." Ford Credit has disclosed through SEC filings and conference calls with media and investors that it was taking part in both programs.

According to the Fed, the commercial paper loans have been paid in full, while some $2 billion remains outstanding on loans for bond investors.

----------------------------------------------------
Selling commercial paper is done all the time. When the financial collapse occurred, there was no one willing to buy the paper, so the Federal Reserve stepped in to buy the paper.

Ordered my stickers too.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:56 AM
to simplify what Windsor posted...

the government didn't bail out Ford... the government stepped in to support the commercial lending system in the US. Every night, big commercial companies loan each other money to help with swings in cash reserves. At the height of the recession there were so many companies going bankrupt that no company was willing to loan money overnight (just in case that company was gone the next day)

So yes, the Government technically loaned them tax money... but it was on an overnight basis and Ford payed interest...

not the same as buying the company for 2 years...

Old 01-06-2011, 11:58 AM
submitted mine just now. this is gonna be sweet. lol

Old 01-06-2011, 12:29 PM
For those that ordered, did you get any type of confirmation on the order? Or do they just show up at your door?

Old 01-06-2011, 12:36 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by ChrisT
For those that ordered, did you get any type of confirmation on the order? Or do they just show up at your door?
So far no email confirmation for me.

Old 01-06-2011, 12:44 PM
Just ordered mine. Thanks for the heads-up Matthew

Old 01-06-2011, 12:53 PM
I ordered mine yesterday and I haven't recieved a confirmation yet.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Cool, perhaps no confirmation is sent. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one that did not receive one.

Old 01-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I wonder what they are going to say when they went from 0 requests to about 50 in a couple of hours

Old 01-07-2011, 11:49 AM
I am pretty sure that I did NOT get a confirmation... I submitted the request before Christmas and they were here when I came back on Jan 4th.

Originally Posted by Raptor05121
I wonder what they are going to say when they went from 0 requests to about 50 in a couple of hours
ha... I had the same thought... some guy is sitting at his desk there thinking "Holy Shnikey... WTF is going on"

I'm waiting for them to pull the link off their website after this plethora of orders

Old 01-07-2011, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by mkosu04
I'm waiting for them to pull the link off their website after this plethora of orders
... or add a $5.99 plus shipping price on them. I bet they'd still get a decent amount of orders for those. For those that received them, are they good quality? Heck, I'd have paid for one if they are.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:05 PM
Built Ford Tough Stickers

You guys will get your stickers. You can count on that. we had this on our corporate website as a give away to our customers and it got posted here. THAT IS GREAT ! Because at the end of the day, all you guys out there buying Ford trucks are our customers. Maybe not directly, but people like you keep our plant working and producing parts for Ford by buying and promoting their excellent products!

So, keep the requests coming; we'll get the stickers to you as fast as we can. And, feel free to check out our Facebook page ... http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...23023084378709

Quick Reply: Free vinyl decals... Built Ford Tough without your tax dollars