What do you think about the SVT Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 11:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do you think about the SVT Raptor

I've seen several on the streets. I don't like it. I'd say it's one of the few misses Ford has had since hiring their new CEO (The other being the redesigned Focus).

What do you guys/gals think? Thumbs up/down?

Maybe it would look better as a SuperCrew, or a regular sized SuperCab.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Hershy,

Do you mean the one that only came in like 3 colours? It had that funky hood and black wheels? Gimicky paint job?

If that's the one you mean, I'll be honest, I kind of like it but that paint job would get old real fast and I would have to change it, other than that I thought it was different in a cool sort of way.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:02 AM
I gotta say I like it,saw a bunch at Sema with the 6.2 and they definitely have the power.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:11 AM
You guys do know that the graphic is an option right? And it comes in pretty much all the standard colors...

Man you guys are quick to judge before you even get your facts straight. Have you even driven one offroad? I have. And it's awesome. Watch a couple informational youtube videos at least before you start ripping on it.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by Bighersh
I've seen several on the streets. I don't like it. I'd say it's one of the few misses Ford has had since hiring their new CEO (The other being the redesigned Focus).

What do you guys/gals think? Thumbs up/down?

Maybe it would look better as a SuperCrew, or a regular sized SuperCab.
If your talking looks, that's purely your opinion. What the truck is built and actually capable of doing, I give it 2 thumbs up. Notably now that you can get the 6.2 with it.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:40 AM
Really?

That truck is the most creative, badass and focused F truck made. The suspension is amazing.

Get it in white and don't get the stick on graphics?

Old 11-24-2010, 12:51 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The looks are take it or leave it. I don't like the graphics package that much and some of the flares are a little over the top.

Except..... I know the fender flares are there to accommodate the wheel travel. Then all of a sudden this thing makes sense. It is the baddest factory off-road vehicle made. You could not make a more capable desert runner for twice the money.

The Supercrew version is available in the '11 model year.

Old 11-24-2010, 01:52 AM
I don't doubt it's capability off road. I'm talking looks and everyday usage.

Agreed, it is personal opinion- I was just wondering what you all thought about it- looks, or otherwise.

I mean, the Pontiac Aztek was purpose built, and a Swiss Army Knife on wheels... We know how that fared.

Besides- Most of those trucks, especially here in D/FW will probably only go off-road as far as the speed bumps in the Sam's parking lot. But, again- my opinion.

Old 11-24-2010, 01:55 AM
Originally Posted by SMIGGS
If your talking looks, that's purely your opinion. What the truck is built and actually capable of doing, I give it 2 thumbs up. Notably now that you can get the 6.2 with it.
Right. I said "I" don't like it. I didn't say no one should.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:02 AM
i like it but it's hella pricey.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:15 AM
Originally Posted by Bighersh
Right. I said "I" don't like it. I didn't say no one should.
Really, I couldn't tell by your OP.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:24 AM
When I first saw it (publicity pix) I was like you, it wasn't doing anything for me. I still have yet to see one live and in person. We don't get the cool stuff in the mid-west until a dozen or so years after it debuts. (I exaggerate . . . but not by much).

Over time, however, it has grown on me. I actually toyed with getting it, but, and this is gonna sound funny, but it won't fit thru any of my garage doors. My house was built in 1912. What is the garage used to be a carriage house. The "garage doors" are only 7'6" wide. The kids who had this place before me had custom electric doors made. The LS and now the Xterra JUST make it. The G should make it. I'm on th left coast where they are plentiful so I'm going to measure carefully. The raptor is something like 23 feet wide!

Everything I've read says it is awesome. It's seems I'm in the majority about the graphics package . . . meh. I can't explain why it has grown on me. I also can't explain why I like it in blue.

I'm getting old and maybe senile I guess.

Actually, it must be the getting older thing. Right now I'm listening to "The Doors". I never used to like The Doors. I always thought they were just okay. But lately, I have been listening to them a lot, and really liking them. I've got no idea why.

Last edited by kobiashi; 11-24-2010 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Listening to The Doors, decided to add a note about it.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hate how they only use the stupid looking 5.5' bed. That bed just doesnt look proportional on a Supercab truck. A 6.5' bed would look a hell of alot better on.

I dont care much for decals (Im debating removing the rocker decals on mine) and while its an option it seems that 99% of Raptors come with them already installed. I dont think Ive seen one around here without them.

Also I cant see spending almost $50k on a truck and beating on it offroad so it would be rather senseless for me to get one.

Old 11-24-2010, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by kobiashi
When I first saw it (publicity pix) I was like you, it wasn't doing anything for me. I still have yet to see one live and in person. We don't get the cool stuff in the mid-west until a dozen or so years after it debuts. (I exaggerate . . . but not by much).

Over time, however, it has grown on me. I actually toyed with getting it, but, and this is gonna sound funny, but it won't fit thru any of my garage doors. My house was built in 1912. What is the garage used to be a carriage house. The "garage doors" are only 7'6" wide. The kids who had this place before me had custom electric doors made. The LS and now the Xterra JUST make it. The G should make it. I'm on th left coast where they are plentiful so I'm going to measure carefully. The raptor is something like 23 feet wide!

Everything I've read says it is awesome. It's seems I'm in the majority about the graphics package . . . meh. I can't explain why it has grown on me. I also can't explain why I like it in blue.

I'm getting old and maybe senile I guess.

Actually, it must be the getting older thing. Right now I'm listening to "The Doors". I never used to like The Doors. I always thought they were just okay. But lately, I have been listening to them a lot, and really liking them. I've got no idea why.

Well damn, now i'm a little upset!!! I want a G soooo bad!! Didn't know you got one

Old 11-24-2010, 09:11 AM
I don't have any trouble with the looks of the truck. The premise is just not for me. I don't need , or want, a hardcore off-road vehicle.

Quick Reply: What do you think about the SVT Raptor