how do I pay with PayPal without using my balance?

Old 07-09-2009, 06:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how do I pay with PayPal without using my balance?

Do any of you guys know how to pay for something that I bought on ebay with PayPal but not use my PayPal balance? I want to pay for something I bought and I choose payment options and choose my credit card or bank account but it still always combines it with the PayPal balance that I do not want to use

Old 07-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Suspended
you can always move more money back over to your paypal acct...

Old 07-09-2009, 06:34 PM
To my knowledge it will not let you. You have to transfer the PayPal balance out to a bank account or something. I move $4000 through my PayPal account monthly from eBay sales and never use any of it to pay for anything. I transfer it all to my bank account and use my Discover Card through PayPal to get my 1% back from Discover. I used the Discover card for everything and pay it off in full each month and get a nice little 1% back at the end of each month.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:35 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Green is correct. It will only let you use your balance. It does suck because ebay sales and paypal funds are what I use to pay for my sons bike parts. If I ever have to buy something off ebay my wife wants it comes out of that money. Then she pays me back and I have to add that money back from our checking.

I'm about fed up with Ebay and Paypal. Fees are outrageous for the little guy now days. Unless you charge out the a$$ for shipping. Sorry for the rant.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:02 AM
Suspended
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
shoot, I'd start adding on my own PayPal fees on every auction instead of jacking up shipping.... f them

Old 07-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by mxracer49
Green is correct. It will only let you use your balance. It does suck because ebay sales and paypal funds are what I use to pay for my sons bike parts. If I ever have to buy something off ebay my wife wants it comes out of that money. Then she pays me back and I have to add that money back from our checking.

I'm about fed up with Ebay and Paypal. Fees are outrageous for the little guy now days. Unless you charge out the a$$ for shipping. Sorry for the rant.
Actually works out fine for me. Out of that $4000 in sales a month my PayPal/eBay fees are only about $400 a month. It is a price I'll pay to get the buyers... I would never find them all without eBay. It is proportional for smaller amounts of sale also along with larger amounts of sale. I only pay about 20% of what I make for the items... but put about 30 hours a week into getting them ready for sale and selling them. Comes out to a nice $23 an hour.

Old 07-11-2009, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by expedition4x4
Do any of you guys know how to pay for something that I bought on ebay with PayPal but not use my PayPal balance? I want to pay for something I bought and I choose payment options and choose my credit card or bank account but it still always combines it with the PayPal balance that I do not want to use
There is a trick to it. After screaming at paypal and e-bay a million times i finally got someone to tell me how to do it. They don't want you to pay with a credit card. They want you to use your balance, or take it out of your bank account for 2 reasons. 1, credit card fee's. 2, you can file a dispute with your credit card, and they can't overturn there decision. The trick is read the fine lines and and click the lighter color word FUNDING SOURCES. Then scroll down and click credit card/deit card for payment. Then click apply or something. Then there is another little word you need to click on before you send the payment and it opens another window, then scroll all the way to the bottom and click on process by visa network/credit. Then send payment.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: how do I pay with PayPal without using my balance?