2010 Mustang GT vs 2010 Camaro SS vs 2010 Challenger R/T

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 01:47 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Mustang GT vs 2010 Camaro SS vs 2010 Challenger R/T

Gotta say the Mustang might have been at a disadvantage but it held it's own. I like the new camaro but that interior is too plain.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/..._gt/index.html

Old 05-12-2009, 05:58 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I would not mund owning any of that trio!....

Old 05-12-2009, 10:30 AM
I can't believe that they think the Camaro's interior is better than the Mustang. I think that the interior is the reason I wouldn't buy a Camaro. The car is nice until you sit inside.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:23 AM
I guess I'm the only one that doesn't like the interior of the mustang.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:27 AM
At the recent Austin Auto Show they had here about a month or so ago now, a big group of GM exec's and big wigs came down and brought 4 of the new Camaros with them in various trim levels and colors to the show.

They invited 200 people to have an early viewing of them all and to get in them and actually get a feel for them. I belong to a local F-body group and got a chance to go.

I also had a chance to drive the SS model around for a few miles as well. The power and feel of the car was great, but the interior completely ruined it for me. Everything looked old and cheap and just didn't blend or flow well with each other. Seats were too thin for a guy my size and the bottom of the window / top of door was too high to rest your elbow on when driving! It was about at my friggin neck!

I know the Challenger didn't exactly win in this little comparison, but my next toy after the truck and bike are paid for will definitely be a Challenger. I've driven it and the Mustang, and now the Camaro and the Challenger just fits for me.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:33 AM
i think the new camaros and mustangs look alike in the body and i dont really care for either of them they look ugly. i love the new challengers i would get one in a second.... if i had the money. or even a super snake or GT500

Old 05-12-2009, 12:20 PM
I wouldn't mind having a Shelby GT500

Old 05-12-2009, 01:06 PM
its interesting to read people not liking a muscle car (cause that is what the mustang, camaro, and challenger are) because the interior doesnt "flow". Camaros are built for the strip (not sure about the frames on the other ones), not to win beauty contests. They are built to go fast, look mean, and sound good. No offense but if you want a pretty car, go by a mercedes or a bmw.

I have never like the interior of my camaros, nor did i like the look of the mustang interiors, but then agin, i bought them for speed.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:16 PM
I own two BMW's, but that's besides the point. I know the Camaro is a fast car but the interior sucks. Is it suppose to look like a BMW or Mecedes? NO, but its not suppose to look like a Neon either, and that's what it looks like. Cheap just plain ol' cheap.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Back in the day, you purposely ordered your 'muscle car' with as stripped down of an interior as you could get it! No radio, no heater! If you could order it without a back seat, that's what they did!

Saw an episode on Muscle Car TV the other day and it was showcasing a 1970 Plymouth Road Runner... What made it a RR? Standard equipped with the 383 bbl and a stripped interior and as little stuff on the exterior too (you could still get a real 426 HEMI back then too!).. If you wanted the interior options, you bought a Satalite... This one had the factory original "Air Grabber" hood scoop, but as Plain Jane interior as you could ever want!

That's a real 'Muscle Car' in my mind.. Any of the manufactures from back then... The Chevies, the Fords and the Mopars all had their Monster car of the time... I'd take any of them! None of them had fancy interiors or even creature comforts for that matter...

I know it's the 21st Century and we all need our leather, carpet, stereo with 10 speakers and all the other fancy stuff... But, I do appreciate the fact that they have come out with these 'Retro' looking cars... Wish I could afford any one of them! Well, I could probably get the 'V6' version on any of them, but what fun would that be!!

Mitch

Old 05-12-2009, 03:57 PM
Some heavy metal from the small three........I'll stick with imports for my fast car needs, but some nice products for FORD, GM, and DODGE. I'm sure they'll sell a few.

Old 05-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by MitchF150
Back in the day, you purposely ordered your 'muscle car' with as stripped down of an interior as you could get it! No radio, no heater! If you could order it without a back seat, that's what they did!

Saw an episode on Muscle Car TV the other day and it was showcasing a 1970 Plymouth Road Runner... What made it a RR? Standard equipped with the 383 bbl and a stripped interior and as little stuff on the exterior too (you could still get a real 426 HEMI back then too!).. If you wanted the interior options, you bought a Satalite... This one had the factory original "Air Grabber" hood scoop, but as Plain Jane interior as you could ever want!

That's a real 'Muscle Car' in my mind.. Any of the manufactures from back then... The Chevies, the Fords and the Mopars all had their Monster car of the time... I'd take any of them! None of them had fancy interiors or even creature comforts for that matter...

I know it's the 21st Century and we all need our leather, carpet, stereo with 10 speakers and all the other fancy stuff... But, I do appreciate the fact that they have come out with these 'Retro' looking cars... Wish I could afford any one of them! Well, I could probably get the 'V6' version on any of them, but what fun would that be!!

Mitch
Exactly, i purposely ordered my Z28 with manual windows, doors, locks, a hard top, took out my back seat, and removed my AC for a reason. And yes, ive had a bmw as well, very nice, but it was no muscle car.

Old 05-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by pmason718
I own two BMW's, but that's besides the point. I know the Camaro is a fast car but the interior sucks. Is it suppose to look like a BMW or Mecedes? NO, but its not suppose to look like a Neon either, and that's what it looks like. Cheap just plain ol' cheap.
Im not gonna argue all day, but look at the 3 links below and tell me which one looks like a neon, the dodge. The camaro and the mustang have older style looking guages, actually, the camaro has another set of older style guages in it. By older i mean, 60's looking. I dont know what neons youve been in, but the camaro and the 2010 mustangs interior look the same (quality wise) and look nothing like a Neons interior. I do like how the 2010 mustang and the f150 have the same light swith

If you can honestly look at all those pictures and find anything that resembles a low quality vehicle (in the ford or chevy; the charger interior looks like poop) then maybe a muscle car isnt fancy enough for ya, maybe you should stick to the BMW and Mercedes forums.

http://wwww23.chevrolet.com/vehicles...aro/gallery.do

http://www.dodge.com/en/2009/challenger/

http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/mustang/gallery/

Old 05-12-2009, 06:34 PM
Next ride is going to be the challenger........ sorry if it offends anyone but hey i love the style and i've already had a s197 body style.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Im really liking the challenger....I know its a dodge, but its pretty sharp looking

Quick Reply: 2010 Mustang GT vs 2010 Camaro SS vs 2010 Challenger R/T