I like the Ranger. Ranger, Ranger, Ranger!!!

Old 12-13-2000, 11:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool I like the Ranger. Ranger, Ranger, Ranger!!!

I rented a Ranger (flareside, supercab)today and I'm really surprised. It is ROOMY inside. There is more than enough room in it to do whatever I want. The Ranger has a much nicer interior, no hard plastic. It doesn't look as cheap as the F-150. I like the leather steering wheel with a real blue Blue Oval logo on it (also one on the key). The seats are extremely comfy also, not spongy or firm. They really hold you into place. I don't like the front end though. It's ugly. I have no clue why Ford changed it. The premium sound is noticebly more premium than the one on the F-150, it has a CD and cassette player, just like the explorer. Actually, the interior looks a lot like the Explorer's.

------------------
'98 Bright Red XLT F-150, Regular Cab, Flareside, STX, 4.2L V6, Auto, 3.55, SuperChip, K&N High-Flow Air Filter, Mobil 1 motor oil, Muth signal mirrors, Westin chrome step bars, Magnum bug shield, tinted windows, Extang BlackMax.

Old 12-14-2000, 07:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The interior should look like the Explorer's....because the Explorer is built off the Ranger and it had the same dash. Just like the Expeditions and F-150's have the same dash.

I am not sure if the new "Edge" looks good or not. It is different!

For me the Ranger is just not big enough. I need a SuperCab with a back seat that can hold passengers.

Old 12-14-2000, 07:38 AM
Cool

I can vouch for the stereo. I have the Mach stereo in my Explorer and it is awesome. I also owned two Rangers before owning my F-150. Both were top notch vehicles. The 94 Ranger I had was the best vehicle I've ever owned. If I could live with the smaller size, I would buy another in a minute.

Old 12-14-2000, 08:26 PM
Exclamation

Geez, man -- Let's try this again a little more tactfully:

"...The Ranger has a much nicer interior, no hard plastic. It IS EVEN NICER THAN the F-150..."

Remember, you're on the F-150 turf.

BTW, the 4x4 Ranger is one nice-looking truck. I like it much better than my long-bed 4x2 '95 Ranger.

------------------
Y2K™ 7700 4x4
Jim - N8JG@Hotmail.com

Toreador Red, Keyless XLT SC SB 5.4L E4x4 4wDisc/ABS, 3.73LS, Skid, HD 7700# Towing, LT-245's on Chrome, Tube-Steps, Captain's, 6CD, Tonneau, named: "Nick"

Old 12-15-2000, 11:13 AM
I had an xtended cab Mazda B3000(same as a Ranger). I really hated those little jump seats in the back. The first time I had to stop a bit quickly, I heard my daughter's head knock right into the back of the front seat. I never felt comfortable with her back there after that.

------------------
2001 Lariat SC 5.4 4x4 LS ORP Class III 17in wheels Captains seats

Sony ES CDX-M650 Polk EX572a(2 pr.) Dynamats

Westin nerf bar, ARE Z series cap, Yakima rack, Bedrug

Superchip

Old 12-15-2000, 01:13 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Big Mac,

I hear you, my wife loves her '99 Ranger 4.0 Offroad model, though I wish she would have let me get here an F-150, as the Ranger's layout is just a bit too small for me at 6'1 and 200 lbs.

She just loves that Ranger, after having a few Explorers, and it's going to be tough to get her to part with it. Now the newer Rangers have the 210-hp SOHC version of the 4.0 V-6 available, compared to the 160-hp version she has in her '99, and if her Ranger had *that* motor, I'd *never* get her to think about the F-150!

The Ranger sure has made a lot of loyal Ford fans, I think the Ranger is the #1-selling compact pickup if memory serves. Our here in the mountains wehre incomes are generally lower, there are a lot of older Rangers that people keep in excellent condition, and have 150,000 miles, 200,000 miles and even more on, so they definitely have strong appeal to a lot of people, and a reputation for long-lived reliability.

My wife's lease is up in about a year, and I'm trying to talk her into perhaps a supercharged F-150, heh-heh, but it's going to take some doing, she still won't agree.

And yes, the stereo in her Ranger is excellent for a factory unit, perhaps it's the smaller cab that helps it's sound?

Though we all love the F-150 of course, the Ranger is a viable truck, certainly, for a lot of people.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 12-16-2000, 12:52 AM
Thumbs up

My love of everything Ford started in 1996 with a brand new (7 miles) XLT Ranger Supercab. It was my first brand new vehicle. The 3.0L V-6 was plenty powerful and even without power windows/locks/mirrors it was still a great truck! So great in fact, that a buddy and my father-in-law both went out and bought their own after riding in mine. This was a few years before my daughter came along so there was plenty of room for me and the wife. I hear what you're saying clancyb, After driving both I feel much better with my daughter in the back of the F-150. Her carseat fits great right in the middle and she doesn't have to stare at the back of my chair the whole ride. I love Rangers but the Edge is a little different. I'm having a hard time with the design changes but I'm sure it's still a great truck.

------------------
Stock Stuff:
Y2K SCab 4X4, Chesnut Metallic, 5.4L, 3.55 Limited Slip, Skid Plates, Factory AM/FM/CD, 40/60 Split Bench, Sliding Rear Window, Towing Package and Keyless Entry.

Extras so far:
  • GY 305/70X16 Wrangler ATS Tires
  • American Eagle Series 146 Chrome Wheels
  • Ravin Z-55 3" Single In/Out Exhaust System
  • WMS Velocity Tube
  • K&N Filter
  • Blaupunkt Houston CD Player
  • Blaupunkt PCxt573 5x7/6x8 Speakers
  • Pioneer TS-A6815 6x8 Speakers
  • Clear Corner Lenses
  • PIAA Super White Bulbs
  • GTS Hood Deflector
  • Catch-All Floor Mats
  • Tinted Windows
  • Bull Ring Retractable Tie-Downs
  • www.f150online.com Sticker (below center brake light)
  • University of Georgia Hitch Cover "GO DAWGS!"
Coming Soon:
  • Clear Tailights (Altezza?)
Pictures:
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...3401&a=8556922

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I like the Ranger. Ranger, Ranger, Ranger!!!