A MUST read for NASCAR fans!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2000, 05:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation A MUST read for NASCAR fans!!!!!!!!

WASHINGTON--Vice President Al Gore is set to unveil his newly formulated energy policy, and at its heart is an effort to reform the wildly popular NASCAR racing series. Gore blamed motor sports and NASCAR in particular for a "full throated assault on the environment". "NASCAR racing is repugnant to the environment in so many ways," Gore said. "They use specially formulated fuel that causes three times as much pollution as a normal automobile. With a fuel economy of 4.5 miles per gallon they are wasting precious fossil fuels which drives up the price of gas at the pump. And perhaps worst of all they are noisy, and since most race tracks are located in rural areas the noise generated from these cars greatly disturbs local wildlife." Gore's plan calls for the phasing in of newly designed hybrid electric engines, mandating that all teams competing in the NASCAR Winston Cup, Busch, and Craftsman Truck series be equipped with the environmentally friendly engines by 2005. But Gore's concerns don't end with the race cars themselves. "With over 100,000 fans routinely attending each race, the environmental waste of a single NASCAR event is staggering," Gore continued. "They all waste fuel driving to the race, they waste water flushing their Budweiser down the toilet, and perhaps worst of all they pollute the air with their cigarette smoke. Do you have any idea what 100,000 people smoking in one place is like?" To combat this problem Gore has proposed imposing a federal tax on all NASCAR event tickets, hoping to reduce attendance to the more "acceptable" levels of the Indy Racing League. IRL races draw average of 500 people per event. NASCAR officials are skeptical of the plan to introduce the electric hybrid engine into racing, but Gore maintains that the new engine is the wave of the future and will make auto racing an environmentally friendly sport. "Just think how much nicer it will be to come to a race and not have to smell the fumes of the fuel and hear the roar of the engines," Gore said. When asked whether they were concerned that Gore's attack on NASCAR would cost him votes a Gore spokesman told BSNN.net, "None of these people would vote for him anyway, so it's a pretty safe move. Now if he were to try and ban wheelchair racing, then we'd be in trouble." Source: http://www.bsnn.net/

------------------
Website www.angelfire.com/de2/6inafseries

98 XL 4.2L
Black/Silver
Shortbed
5-speed
-Pendaliner bedliner
-SlimTop flushmount tonneau
-ASP underdrive pulley
-Gibson split duals
-Clarion CD player
-Belltech 2/2 drop.(Springs, shocks,and shackles)

Soon to come....
-3.73's
-Autometer Tach and Pod
-Autoperformance.net superchager kit (vortech)

Old 09-16-2000, 05:57 PM
Exclamation

Figure it out, junior. This ain't a popular issue, just some lip service to get a few more environmentally conscious voters off of the fence and on his side. This ain't going ANYWHERE after November. Besides that, just how ACCURATE and TRUTHFUL is an outfit billing itself as the "BS News Network. We strive to be accurate 25% of the time." Lay off the drugs, slick.

[This message has been edited by kilroy (edited 09-16-2000).]

Old 09-16-2000, 06:10 PM
Smile

Relax, its a joke.

------------------
Website www.angelfire.com/de2/6inafseries

98 XL 4.2L
Black/Silver
Shortbed
5-speed
-Pendaliner bedliner
-SlimTop flushmount tonneau
-ASP underdrive pulley
-Gibson split duals
-Clarion CD player
-Belltech 2/2 drop.(Springs, shocks,and shackles)

Soon to come....
-3.73's
-Autometer Tach and Pod
-Autoperformance.net superchager kit (vortech)

Old 09-16-2000, 06:24 PM
Really Old "Member"
Andrew:

Don't mess with politics on this BB much, but the thought struck me that if you removed the reference to hybrid electric motors and left in the tax on Nascar races part, that would be vintage Gore and quite believable.

BTW, thanks for the link to BSNN, it is a gas. The net is really addictive. I use AOL, and my Favorite Places cache is constantly sending me messages alluding to incipient meltdown due to the number of BB addies I have sent there.

I wonder if there will ever be a Federal Occupation Code for "Net Reader"? I'm already maxed on my Social Security, so I guess I could list that Code and still collect, right?

Old 09-17-2000, 08:57 PM
Angry

That maybe a joke but it is a fact that Gore views the internal combustion engine as enemy number 1 to the enviroment and thats not good for truck lovers anywhere!!

Old 09-17-2000, 09:25 PM
I didn't vote for him and Hilary last time. I haven't changed my veiws since then. Know that I will vote though!

------------------
98 F-150 XLT 4X4 ORP Super Cab Short Bed, 4.6, Auto, 4.10's, Mag-Hytec diff. cover, Magnacharger supercharger, Superchip, Gibson single cat-back, 80/100w German head lamps, Warn HS9500i winch with semi hidden mount, Wrangler dual battery kit with red & yellow top Optima batteries, Torsion bars cranked up 2.5 turns. Needs one more door.

Old 09-18-2000, 04:31 PM
Andrew. Some of us GET tongue-in-cheek, and some of don't.

BTW. I love the reference to the IRL's "acceptable attendance levels" ... Ouch!

------------------
1999 Lariat Super Cab, S.B. 5.4L, 3.55 LS
and everything but the leaky slider window.
Bright red w/ gold 2-tone, Leather Captain's Chairs
Mods: Duraliner bedliner, Bugflector II, Hide-a-hooks.
& a leeetle chrome tip on the exhaust.

Old 09-18-2000, 04:41 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Thumbs down

If I wasn't a convicted felon, I'd vote for the other guy.

Quick Reply: A MUST read for NASCAR fans!!!!!!!!