Call of Duty on the Wii?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 08:32 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Call of Duty on the Wii?

I don't feel like joining a video game forum and I'm sure some of you guys play it here.
What I'm wondering is how are the graphics for this game on the Wii? Up until now I've only really played the Nintendo sports games and Mario Kart and Wii Fit, which have the cartoony graphics, which look good, but how does a game like Call of Duty look? I have a 46" LCD and the component cables. I know it's sick on the Xbox, but it has HDMI, the only drawback to the Wii.
Also I was wondering if anyone plays it with the Wii Zapper. I got some gift cards for my birthday and I think I'm going to get the game and the Zapper. Just wondering what other people's thoughts were on it.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:32 AM
Dude, you already answered your own question. Wii = horrid graphics/worthless audio. Wii + awesome game = no longer awesome game. Just by another Mario cart or something. Or pickup a PS3 and start playing awesome manly games on a manly system.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:46 AM
This is from Wikipedia, but it appears there are plenty of pansies who prefer the Wii's horrid graphics and worthless audio. Buddy of mine has Call of Duty for Wii and likes it for what it's worth

Based on figures from the NPD Group, as of 1 November 2008 (2008 -11-01)
Wii – 13.4 million
Xbox 360 – 11.6 million
PlayStation 3 – 5.7 million

Old 01-29-2009, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by jhogan
This is from Wikipedia, but it appears there are plenty of pansies who prefer the Wii's horrid graphics and worthless audio. Buddy of mine has Call of Duty for Wii and likes it for what it's worth

Based on figures from the NPD Group, as of 1 November 2008 (2008 -11-01)
Wii – 13.4 million
Xbox 360 – 11.6 million
PlayStation 3 – 5.7 million
Just because a bunch of video game newbs buy something doesn't make it not suck.

If you buy a system with previous-gen (at best) graphics and sound what do you expect the game to look like?

Old 01-29-2009, 10:01 AM

I like the Wii because of the controls. I was never a really big video game guy. The last system I had was an original Nintendo. I just think the Wii is a little more fun than the traditional way of playing games. I think the cartoony graphics look fine on the Wii because thats what they were designed for. I just haven't played any 3rd party games on it before and was wondering if the graphics were totally worthless, or just a little less good-looking as they are on the Xbox/PS3. I know the Wii can't compete with a HD system.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by tardman91
I don't feel like joining a video game forum and I'm sure some of you guys play it here.
What I'm wondering is how are the graphics for this game on the Wii? Up until now I've only really played the Nintendo sports games and Mario Kart and Wii Fit, which have the cartoony graphics, which look good, but how does a game like Call of Duty look? I have a 46" LCD and the component cables. I know it's sick on the Xbox, but it has HDMI, the only drawback to the Wii.
Also I was wondering if anyone plays it with the Wii Zapper. I got some gift cards for my birthday and I think I'm going to get the game and the Zapper. Just wondering what other people's thoughts were on it.
Take a trip up to block buster and rent it. Then figure it out for yourself.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:11 AM
I like the Wii because of the controls. I was never a really big video game guy. The last system I had was an original Nintendo. I just think the Wii is a little more fun than the traditional way of playing games. I think the cartoony graphics look fine on the Wii because thats what they were designed for. I just haven't played any 3rd party games on it before and was wondering if the graphics were totally worthless, or just a little less good-looking as they are on the Xbox/PS3. I know the Wii can't compete with a HD system.
You are the target market for the Wii... not a gamer but wouldn't mind a little something different. If you ask a 360/PS3 dude, you'll get a "graphics are totally worthless" answer. It's true. But these guys (myself being one of them) are accustomed to razor sharp images & fluid game play. Plus full surround sound with bullets that whiz by your head and a booming subwoofer.... ahhhh, gaming heaven. Scares the crap out of the neighbors.

My guess is you'd be just fine with the Wii version. It's not totally horrid... unless you compare it to the other versions...

Old 01-29-2009, 10:22 AM
It looks like ***. I've never liked the wii, and I keep saying, if they'd just take the same controls and make em for the PS3, I'd be in heaven. To me, the controllers are the only redeeming thing about the wii.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by dzervit
But these guys (myself being one of them) are accustomed to razor sharp images & fluid game play. Plus full surround sound with bullets that whiz by your head and a booming subwoofer.... ahhhh, gaming heaven. Scares the crap out of the neighbors.
You better stop before I go out and buy a PS3. My wife would kill me!

Old 01-29-2009, 10:34 AM
You better stop before I go out and buy a PS3. My wife would kill me!
Just say "Honey I got it for US... it has a BluRay player and now we can watch 'You've Got Mail' in Hi-Def!" Haven't you seen that commercial?!! It's brilliant!!

Old 01-29-2009, 10:45 AM

No, I must have missed that one. I already got a BluRay player though, so unfortunately that wouldn't work.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:32 AM
No, I must have missed that one. I already got a BluRay player though, so unfortunately that wouldn't work.
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude... can't believe you got a BR player and didn't get the PS3. It's actually one of the best BR players out there for the money. Ultra fast startup, great image.... it beat just about every other player out there, no matter the price.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:17 PM
I wouldnt go buy the PS3/Xbox just for this game. Wii will do just fine for a shooter game. It is actually a little more fun. Graphics do suffer but it gets the job done. BTW I have PS3 and wii so im not Biased!

Old 01-29-2009, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by jlstang351
I wouldnt go buy the PS3/Xbox just for this game. Wii will do just fine for a shooter game. It is actually a little more fun. Graphics do suffer but it gets the job done. BTW I have PS3 and wii so im not Biased!
I think it would be a little more fun too. It's like weilding you own "gun" when it's used with the Zapper.

Old 01-29-2009, 02:33 PM
I think it would be a little more fun too. It's like weilding you own "gun" when it's used with the Zapper.
Zapper will wear your *** out the first few days you use it

Quick Reply: Call of Duty on the Wii?