F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.f150online.com/forums/general-discussion-55/)
-   -   Chevrolet HHR SS (https://www.f150online.com/forums/general-discussion/358755-chevrolet-hhr-ss.html)

Bill Murray 01-08-2009 06:22 AM

Hi Art:
Thank you for your kind words and for correcting my Spanish. For some reason I always have a problem with "por" and "para".

ddellwo:
Interesting you should mention a vintage panel as a solution.

I have had sitting in my side driveway for 15 years a 1969 Chev C-10 Panel truck that I actually did use as a shop truck before it blew a head gasket.
It sits next to two 1956 F-100 pickups I also used as shop trucks before they fell victim to one problem or another.

The panel is a South Carolina truck and has a lot of surface rust and bad door rocker panels but could be restored fairly easily.

The trucks have been sitting there so long I don't even see or think of them any more but you have stirred up my interest again. I don't have the time or equipment any more to do such restorations but I have a couple of buds and a couple of customers at HobbyTown that do this sort of thing and I will check out what we might be able to come up with.

In the meantime, all three trucks are for sale cheap if anyone is interested.
My Pat says they all have to go away by this Spring as she does notice them and is tired of my private junk yard.

Bill

F150Europe 01-09-2009 07:40 AM

Panel Vans eBrochure

Panel Vans Specification

Youtube - Connect Express vs Renault Megane

Bill Murray 01-09-2009 08:49 AM

Hi F150Europe:
Sorry, it has been so long I don't remember your real name.

Thanks for the great links.

The more I look into this thing, the better it looks.

I just wish Ford here were more forthcoming in their information but I guess I will just have to wait until it gets here to see what they are going to offer.

I see you still have your '99 in your sig, are you still driving that one?

Regards
Bill

06yz250f 01-09-2009 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Bill Murray (Post 3523586)

I have had sitting in my side driveway for 15 years a 1969 Chev C-10 Panel truck that I actually did use as a shop truck before it blew a head gasket.
It sits next to two 1956 F-100 pickups I also used as shop trucks before they fell victim to one problem or another.

The panel is a South Carolina truck and has a lot of surface rust and bad door rocker panels but could be restored fairly easily.

you should restore one of those trucks. i just started kinda of restoring a 1975 toyota fj40. im fixing it up to look good w/ out any rust, but its going to be a trail rig for me, but im bringing it down to the frame and building it back up. if you sell 2 of the trucks your wife can't complain to much for only having one sitting at the house.

F150Europe 01-10-2009 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by Bill Murray (Post 3525341)

I see you still have your '99 in your sig, are you still driving that one?

Regards
Bill

Yes, my truck is going to be ten years old, May 18.
Still looking good and to stay for a while I guess.
Despite the xchange rate, a pickup truck is very expensive here.
Especially now that I don't own a business anymore.
Private persons have to pay 19% salestax and a 42% luxurytax.

New f150's here cost about €45,000 without the taxes.

:wave: Ceesjan

btw The transit Connect ranges from €18,240-€23,841 for private persons.

€11,250 - €15,150 for businesses.

Bill Murray 01-10-2009 07:31 AM

Hi Cees:

Ha, I had forgotten that you got your present truck on almost the same day I got my '99 Lightning. I don't know where mine is now, I did follow it through two owners and then lost track of it. Since I don't follow the Lightning thread anymore I may never know but I am going to post the VIN on that thread and see if anyone responds.

Regarding the taxation issue of commercial versus private use, I wonder if people still manage to beat the system as they did in the 1970s. I travelled and lived in Europe in that time and at least in Denmark, all commercial vehicles, even small station wagon type cars, had to have a wire mesh barrier between the front seats and the loading area. Also, no seating in the loading area.

This was more or less followed during the work week but on the weekends, and I imagine on holiday trips, all of a sudden there were seats in the loading area and the vehicles were used as ordinary passenger cars. I think I remember even a sort of underground industry that made up seats for the rear for various makes of commercial passenger cars.

Well, I am hijacking my own thread. Good to hear from you again.
Bill

BlueFlareside 02-09-2009 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Bill Murray (Post 3520500)
Thanks, folks for all of your valuable input.

It looks like the Chevvy may not suit my needs after all.

Thanks to Lumadar, I found info on the Ford Transit, which may fit my needs much better. It seems to not be in the US yet, but I will check with my Ford dealer across the street this morning to get the scoop. Even if it does not arrive until Spring, I am not in a hurry.

Bill

http://www.fordvehicles.com/transitc...d|fordvehicles

Bill,

I remembered this post by you and I just saw this http://jalopnik.com/5147714/2010-for...icity-at-21475

and this http://jalopnik.com/5147717/2010-for...ectric-vehicle

inurok 02-09-2009 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Bill Murray (Post 3519549)
I have donned my Flak Jacket, but I do trust the opinions of the members of this Forum 100%, so I hope to get some honest answers.

I am in need of a compact mini wagon to use as a store " go getter".

I am kind of a retro guy and I did look at the PT Cruiser alternative and I did like the Toyota box van but in the end I want to buy domestic and I have more faith in GM than I do Chrysler.

But........... I have been driving Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicles since 1993 and have no experience with this particular Chevvie.

The model I am looking at is the Turbo version with 5 speed manual and a fairly high level of specs, ie, sunroof etc. Sticker prices around here seem to be about $24-26K but I have not even started the bargaining process.

Question for the F150 family is, do any of you or your relatives have any experience with this vehicle and can you share those experiences if you have them.

Part of this decision process is probably that I owned several Suburbans over the years and of course the HHR was, and I guess still is, positioned as a "Non Sanforized" Suburban. Probably not a good reason to settle on a choice of a vehicle but then I have purchased a lot of vehicles based on emotion rather than reason.

Hmmm........ Taurus SHO V8, Lightning, Lincoln Blackwood, $10K invested in my late Mom's 1992 Town Car, yep, I buy based on emotion a lot.

Help me if you can, and if you think the vehicle is OK I may buy one and if not I probably will not.

Bill

Bill, I have a 1992 towncar signature series and I love it. I honestly don't mid putting money into it.