F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.f150online.com/forums/general-discussion-55/)
-   -   Mobil Speed Pass. (https://www.f150online.com/forums/general-discussion/35371-mobil-speed-pass.html)

mudder 09-29-1999 06:52 PM

Mobil Speed Pass.

I got a Mobil Speed Pass yesterday and was wondering if anybody else had one. It's pretty cool, it sticks on your back window behind the drivers side. It acts like a credit card, but it's not, it's got a little sensor in it, it's so cool. You just pull up to the pump and a red light turns on at the pump, then you just get out, pump, and go. Pretty neat deal, just pull up, pump and get. Technology is great, don't you think?

------------------
Arlington Texas (DFW), member of Fordified.
Mudder,Black 98 Styleside S/C F150 4x4 0RP 5.4 3.55ls, Magnum bug shield, Grizzly roll bar,2 Baja lights, 4 165 watt KC lights (I can light up the night with these), Manik grille guard, Westin step bars,Sonic aluminum treadplate 36" tool box, Flowmaster dual exhaust, K/N air filter, 265/75/16 BFG AT/S, American Racing Baja wheels, a Mobil Speed Pass on the back window, a F150 Online sticker, and a Stone Cold sticker on the front windshield. . More to come for the 3:16 machine: Ramsey Pro 8000 winch is here, and will be on as soon as the hidden kit gets here, 2 more KC lights, Rancho shocks, and tail light guards. If you would like to see pics, email me at mudder46@hotmail.com or see pics at me and pony's new website www.angelfire.com/ok3/ponysix8

Andthensometoo 09-29-1999 07:39 PM

Yeah, so when someone steals your Truck, they will have an unlimited supply of gas for the joyride!
I have the key tag instead. (not attached to the key in truck)
Question: can some one remove the pass off your Truck?

Sorry if that sounds negative. If you like it, I'm glad, but I wouldn't feel right if I didn't "put a bug in your ear."

Raoul 09-29-1999 07:49 PM

I have to admit I haven't heard of that one but, I can imagine a lot things happening though. If someone does manage to steal my truck I'll also get the honor of buying their gas. If I pull past a pump and activate it without knowing it the next guy in line will probably pump high test even though he's not usually such a big spender. God forbid I ever make a U-turn at a Mobil station and activate all 12 pumps.

While I'm at it I might as well stencil my phonecard number(including the PIN) on the tailgate cause there's a lot of cars on the road now with cell phones. https://www.f150online.com/f150board/smile.gif

mudder 09-29-1999 08:38 PM

Ok guys, you have to be in line with the pump for it to work. So you dont have to worry about filling up somebody else's tank. And no one can remove the pass off my truck, it's on the inside. Come on guys, give me a break.

------------------
Mudder,Black 98 Styleside S/C F150 4x4 0RP 5.4 3.55ls, Magnum bug shield, Grizzly roll bar,2 Baja lights, 4 165 watt KC lights (I can light up the night with these), Manik grille guard, Westin step bars,Sonic aluminum treadplate 36" tool box, Flowmaster dual exhaust, K/N air filter, 265/75/16 BFG AT/S, American Racing Baja wheels, a Mobil Speed Pass on the back window, a F150 Online sticker, and a Stone Cold sticker on the front windshield. . More to come for the 3:16 machine: Ramsey Pro 8000 winch is here, and will be on as soon as the hidden kit gets here, 2 more KC lights, Rancho shocks, and tail light guards. If you would like to see pics, email me at mudder46@hotmail.com or see pics at me and pony's new website www.angelfire.com/ok3/ponysix8

Raoul 09-29-1999 09:07 PM

OK Mudder, if you say so.
But, that guy who's following you around and whenever you look at him he's just glancing off in another direction and whistling...

That's me! https://www.f150online.com/f150board/smile.gif

seacrow 09-29-1999 09:20 PM

For those of you that have the speed pass in the window, those things go bad after a few months and it is a pain when you are on empty and don't have anything with you. We had them were I used to work and they all went bad and were switched to the keychain type. They last much longer.

------------------
'99 XLT S/C 4.6Romeo, Auto, 3.55 LS, Oxford White, Bla Bla Bla.....it's a nice truck except for this 60/40 seat, I hate it!!!!

ATTENTION: I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF DARK GRAPHITE CAPTAINS CHAIRS AND CONSOLE IN EXCHANGE FOR MY PERFECT 60/40 DARK GRAPHITE SPLIT BENCH (WITH FOLDING ARMREST WITH CUPHOLDER AND POSITION LOCK) AND SOME CASH (DARK GRAPHITE COLOR FOR 99-00) I WILL COVER ALL COSTS. OR SEND ALL OF YOUR MONEY TO:

SEATS FOR SEACROW
BOX 1674
ONECO, FL. 34264
SO I CAN AFFORD THE DEALER'S PRICE ON THE NEW SEATS. LOL

hmustang 09-29-1999 10:20 PM

I seen it advertised when I was on vacation in the northeast during the summer but since there are no Mobil stations where I live so there was no need for me to get one.

54regcab 09-29-1999 10:56 PM

Here in SC we are 5 years behind the rest of the world so I have never even heard of it till now.
Good marketing strategy for Mobil.
Those of you who have the card almost always go there for gas.

PKRWUD 09-30-1999 01:55 AM

I was sitting at a red light today (I hate it when that happens !) across the street from a Mobil station and they had banners up everywhere promoting the Speed Pass. I was considering it, but to tell the truth, the price of gas at the Mobil stations around here (Ventura, California), are 5 to 10 cents a gallon higher than other stations and I can't convince myself that the convenience is worth the cost. How do you set it up ? Do you get an application and mail it in with a blank check, or is it something they can set up right there at the station ? Just curious. It might be a nice thing to have in an emergency.
Take care,
-Chris

------------------
'95 Eddie Bauer F-150 SC & '64 Falcon/Ranchero
-------------------------------------
Are you A.S.E. Certified ? If so, ask me about
iATN...the best tool you'll ever have ! ! And it's
free

The Boss 09-30-1999 11:53 AM

For us here in South Texas, I think Diamond Shamrock should have something like that. Now if only gas would go down to .99 gal.

------------------
98 F-150 SC XLT 4.6, Westin nerf bars, deflector shield II, Vent Visors, 55" chest box, Kenwood stereo, more in the near future

Raoul 09-30-1999 02:15 PM

Ouch !!!

Hey, what does it erase if it's stuck up on the glass behind your head?

fast46triton 09-30-1999 04:34 PM

Raoul, I wouldnt like to find out! https://www.f150online.com/f150board/smile.gif

------------------
Fast46Triton

1999 Ford F150 XLT Supercab, Shortbed, 4x2, 4 wheel disc brakes/4 wheel Anti-Lock Brakes, Cloth Seats, Amazon green, 16" All season tires, Soft Tonneau Cover, CD Player, 4.6 liter Triton V8, 3:55 ls, towing package, 4 speed auto, K&N Airfilter
Future Mods:
1)Superchip
2)Airbox Mod
3)Gibson Exhaust

mudder 09-30-1999 04:41 PM

I don't think there will be any problems with the one on the back glass, it works just fine.

------------------

Raoul 09-30-1999 04:59 PM

OK Mudder, leave it up there. This could be one time it pays to be hard headed.
Just be thankful you have a good woman to take care of you.

mudder 09-30-1999 05:04 PM

Hey Raoul, I'm thankful for that everyday. https://www.f150online.com/f150board/smile.gif

------------------