Fog lights legal during day?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-1999, 01:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i believe in OK its illegal for foglights to be on in the daytime.
and it does look cool to drive around w/ the parking lights on in a F150.
my fog lights are yellow and mounted below the bumper so i doubt they blind anybody.

Old 09-07-1999, 03:06 PM
Talk about wacky laws. In Ontario, you have to turn your headlights on half an hour BEFORE sunset and keep them on until half an hour AFTER sunrise. Who knows exactly when that is? (then add or subtract half an hour)

Personally, I think people driving with fog lights on a clear night or in the day time are just plain goofy. I want to roll the window down and yell: "Clean off the mung on the inside of your windshield, dammit. There's no fog out here!"

I say put those 100 watt bulbs in them and blast people who don't dim their highbeams. Now, that's useful!

------------------
1998 XL SC short-box 4.2 5-speed 3.55LS, Pacific Green, A/C, factory box liner, factory dark tinted rear glass (like the XLT), cassette, carpet, Canadian XLS package (split bench, chrome wheels, side mouldings, box light, tailgate lock), sill guards, Windstar (driver's) wiper blade (the one with the air scoop). Oh ya: snazzy Tweetie Bird floor mats.

New 2000 F-150 on order, same as the current one except black and XLT. Great trucks!

Old 09-07-1999, 04:48 PM
Well one reason I wanted the ORP was to have the fog lights, I love them, I think they are the coolest. So I use them ALL the time at night, and if somebody dosen't like it and trys to get cute and flash there brights at me, well I got four good reasons why they will never do it again. My good friend KC, and his three buddies.

------------------
Stone Cold, Black 98 Styleside S/C F150 4x4 0RP 5.4 3.55ls,Magnum bug shield,Grizzly roll bar,
2 Baja lights, 4 165 watt KC lights (fun to play with on weekends), Manik grille guard,Westin step bars,Sonic aluminum treadplate 36" tool box, Flowmaster dual exhaust, K/N air filter, 265/75/16 BFG AT/S, American Racing Baja wheels, a F150 Online sticker, and a Stone Cold sticker on the front windshield.
. More to come for Stone Cold: Ramsey winch will be on it real soon (hopefully), 2 more KC lights, Rancho shocks. If you would like to see pics, email me at mudder46@hotmail.com or see pics at http://members.aol.com/polokid54/fpic.html

Old 09-07-1999, 04:51 PM
mudder,

Do you keep your KCs uncovered all the time? I only have two on my grill guard at the present, but I keep them covered to protect them. You haven't had any problems?

------------------
keith@myf150.com
http://www.myf150.com
Rocky Mount, NC

1999 F-150 XLT Styleside, Black On Black, SuperCab, Short Bed, 4x4, ORP, 4.6L Auto, 3.55LS

Mods: DrawTite Class III Hitch, Smittybilt Outland Grill Guard/Brush Guards, KC Daylighters, Custom Dual Exhaust-Straight Out The Back, Airaid FIPK, SuperChips Chip, Bug Deflector, Pace-Edwards Roll-Top Bed Cover

Old 09-07-1999, 09:34 PM
Cool

conqsoft,
I only take the covers off on the weekends, that's really the only time I drive at night. I only use my KC's (which are mounted on my roll bar) when I'm on my ranch, or when I just wanna show em off to my friends when I drive down to the lake. They sure will range far across the water. I haven't had any problems with my lights so far, cause most of the time they are covered, and since they are on my roll bar, I don't think anything will happen to them anyway.

------------------
Stone Cold, Black 98 Styleside S/C F150 4x4 0RP 5.4 3.55ls Magnum bug shield, Grizzly roll bar,
2 Baja lights, 4 165 watt KC lights (fun to play with on weekends), Manik grille guard,Westin step bars,Sonic aluminum treadplate 36" tool box, Flowmaster dual exhaust, K/N air filter, 265/75/16 BFG AT/S, American Racing Baja wheels, a F150 Online sticker, and a Stone Cold sticker on the front windshield.
. More to come for Stone Cold: Ramsey winch will be on it real soon (hopefully), 2 more KC lights, Rancho shocks. If you would like to see pics, email me at mudder46@hotmail.com or see pics at http://members.aol.com/polokid54/fpic.html

Old 09-08-1999, 10:55 AM
btr
Amen Mudder, I think the lights look great! I love pulling behind some little Japanese POS and having my lights shine right in their back window. The more lights on, the better you can see those pesky deer coming out of nowhere.

------------------
1998 F-150 SC 4X4, 5.4, ORP, Red clearcoat, K&N, Chrome push guard, roll bar & tube side steps, Smoke bug guard and tail light covers, Black bed mat & Ford mud flaps.

Old 09-08-1999, 01:14 PM
Thumbs up

btr,
Thanks, yeah I love pulling up behind those little Japanese cars and watch them panic, go reachin for the mirror. Well, it's not my fault, it's theirs for havin their car so low to the ground Sometimes I may cruise around town with my my other two lights on, the ones on my grille guard, they're not that bright, only 55 watt. Oh well, I just like to see at night, and to be seen. By the way btr, you gonna mount some KC's on your roll bar, they would look great. You got a nice lookin truck.

------------------
Stone Cold, Black 98 Styleside S/C F150 4x4 0RP 5.4 3.55ls Magnum bug shield, Grizzly roll bar,

Quick Reply: Fog lights legal during day?