Zomg i cant wait...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zomg i cant wait...

So I have been stationed in South Korea now for 9 months... You know what the number one thing is that i want??? To drive my darn truck.

I dont think there has been a single day since i have arrived that i didnt want to see/drive my truck.

Only 3 more months and she is all mine again... ahhhhhhh.... i wish i was back at home tomorrow. just to hear the sound of her straight pipes... you guys have no idea...

Old 08-08-2008, 10:22 AM
3 more months and back to Herbie or you getting BOP? My brother is stationed there at HF works Comm.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by Impact9
3 more months and back to Herbie or you getting BOP? My brother is stationed there at HF works Comm.
Heck no!, the only reason im here in korea was to get out of florida... WAY to hot and humid for a guy from oregon. So i am headed up to Elmendorf Alaska. Very excited about the trip and the life up there.

Old 08-08-2008, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by thebigbc
Heck no!, the only reason im here in korea was to get out of florida... WAY to hot and humid for a guy from oregon. So i am headed up to Elmendorf Alaska. Very excited about the trip and the life up there.
Welcome, 249AS here. Unfortunately stuck in Altus, OK right now... You think Herbie was bad? 2 more months in this hellhole, and back to the land of the midnight sun.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:36 PM
i really am looking forward to alaska, i have yet to hear one bad thing about it (besides the cold of course). And i'm really lookin forward to drivin in the winter. BTW... any recomendations on some 35" tires that would do good up there? I have been lookin at Mud terrains but they aren't siped or whatever its called. Any recommendations from you guys up there would be sweet

Old 08-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Florida is awesome, you just gotta get used to it. I lived here all my life.

Old 08-09-2008, 04:27 AM
Originally Posted by akheloce
Welcome, 249AS here. Unfortunately stuck in Altus, OK right now... You think Herbie was bad? 2 more months in this hellhole, and back to the land of the midnight sun.
WTF are you doing in Altus? I was stationed there for 6 years, that place sucked on one end and blew on the other.

Old 08-09-2008, 05:23 AM
i really am looking forward to alaska, i have yet to hear one bad thing about it (besides the cold of course). And i'm really lookin forward to drivin in the winter. BTW... any recomendations on some 35" tires that would do good up there? I have been lookin at Mud terrains but they aren't siped or whatever its called. Any recommendations from you guys up there would be sweet
Im stationed up at Eielson and am running the Mickey Thompson MTZs and havent had any problems. As long as you dont drive like an idiot any tire will work. And you are going to LOVE Alaska. There is some great wheelin fishin and huntin... what else could you ask for?

Old 08-09-2008, 06:13 AM
Originally Posted by jacobet
Im stationed up at Eielson and am running the Mickey Thompson MTZs and havent had any problems. As long as you dont drive like an idiot any tire will work. And you are going to LOVE Alaska. There is some great wheelin fishin and huntin... what else could you ask for?
I dont think i could ask for anything else... well maybe a supercharger... hmmm

Old 08-09-2008, 06:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you for your service bro. As for tires, I'm assuming that you won't find a lot of mud up in Alaska, but you might see some snow. I'm thinking an All-Terrain tire would perform better than a mud terrain tire. Perhaps the Pro-Comp Extreme All-Terrain, or the BFG A/T would be a good tread for those conditions. You'll prolly do quite a few highway miles between towns too. Another reason to avoid M/T rated tires. Good luck up there. I'm jealous. I'd love to go to Alaska.

Old 08-09-2008, 07:17 AM
Originally Posted by jacobet
hey man, i dont suppose you got any pics, thats the first time i have seen a siped mud tire, all reviews are pretty good on it, but i gotta know how it looks on an f150 b4 i buy...

Old 08-09-2008, 10:20 AM
WTF are you doing in Altus? I was stationed there for 6 years, that place sucked on one end and blew on the other.
Here for C-17 school. Been here 2 months, here for 4 total. If I would have been stationed here for 6 years, I would have killed myself already. Going back to Alaska in Oct. is the only thing keeping me going

Old 08-09-2008, 02:53 PM
You a load? You and Bigbc will have to hook up when you both get back home. I wish we would get a TDY out that way but the damn reservist get all the cool trips.

Old 08-09-2008, 04:26 PM
You a load?
Yep, load here.

Hehe, I'm a guard guy too... looking forward to all the good trips.

Old 08-09-2008, 04:33 PM
To be honest with you, most guys, especially those who travel outside anchorage a lot, have 2 sets of tires. Although you'll probably be fine with 35's, I personally have a set of stock winter studded tires, in addition to my summers. Of course, I commute from Homer to Anchorage a lot (250 miles), so I pay for the added security.

BTW, there is a decent amount of 4-wheeling up in the Mat-su valley, about 30-40 mins from Elmendorf. A lot of the guys go up to Jim Creek, however that is kind of a trashy place with a lot of party leftovers, and burned out cars.

I generally don't off road much in the truck other than just getting to where I need to go, since the terrain goes from road to impossible to take a truck pretty quick. 4-wheelers are big there.

Quick Reply: Zomg i cant wait...