F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.f150online.com/forums/general-discussion-55/)
-   -   john edwards has a love child (https://www.f150online.com/forums/general-discussion/340880-john-edwards-has-love-child.html)

harleydude78 07-29-2008 03:31 PM

john edwards has a love child

it amazes me how the media has been ignoring this story over the past few days but today the republican from alaska gets charged and its all over all the networks.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,391426,00.html

this is a big deal. this guy is on the list to be obamas possible vp or at the least a cabinet member. gotta love the media. :rolleyes:

referee54 07-29-2008 03:32 PM

Old News---I saw it a few days ago...

TSC

harleydude78 07-29-2008 03:42 PM

i never said it was breaking news. thanks for actually reading my post....

dirt bike dave 07-29-2008 03:45 PM

When the story got some attention on conservative talk radio last week, I started looking it up.

The affair was first reported (by the National Enquirer) in October, 2007, well before the child was born. There was some follow up stuff in December, 2007, where both Edwards and the woman denied the affair.

Until John got caught leaving her hotel room at 2:00 am last week, it was way under the radar.

Edwards has painted himself in a corner as his camp has claimed one of his staffers is the father. If it turns out John Edwards is the dad, that little cover up looks really bad. That and Edwards was cheating on his cancer recovering wife.

Still not a peep from the big networks.

BigTRQ 07-29-2008 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by dirt bike dave (Post 3309842)
Still not a peep from the big networks.

And there won't be, I'd say. Unless he kills the love child and his mistress, they won't say chit so that the Dems still look like roses to most of the "snowed over" country. Liberal media, I hate you.

referee54 07-29-2008 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by harleydude78 (Post 3309835)
i never said it was breaking news. thanks for actually reading my post....

What I meant was that it doesn't matter---Democrats or Republicans---neither group is immune to corruption.

TSC

dirt bike dave 07-29-2008 04:01 PM

This story does show that there really are two Americas...

In one America, a married man fathering a love child often results in a shattered family, an expensive divorce and possibly a ruined carreer.

In John Edward's America, you order a staff member to pretend he's the daddy.

harleydude78 07-29-2008 04:02 PM

What I meant was that it doesn't matter---Democrats or Republicans---neither group is immune to corruption.
again my point is how the media is covering the two parties problems with obvious bias....

Edwards was cheating on his cancer recovering wife
if thats true hes one of the biggest douchebags of all time, next to kyle busch :lol:

referee54 07-29-2008 04:23 PM

Well, if your version of "credible media" is the National Enquirer, then it has to be absolutely, positively, without a doubt fact...;)

TSC

harleydude78 07-29-2008 04:28 PM

you seriously arent getting the point today. if this were **** cheney or george bush or condi rice or any other republican it would be on 24/7 on cnn, msnbc nbc and on the front page of the nytimes.. seems like your trying to stick up for him and the liberal media ;)

referee54 07-29-2008 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by harleydude78 (Post 3309903)
you seriously are getting the point today. if this were **** Cheney or George bush or condi rice or any other republican it would be on 24/7 on CNN, msnbc NBC and on the front page of the nytimes.. seems like your trying to stick up for him and the liberal media ;)

yep, I get the point; I am just rattlin' your cage a little bit...

by the way---you are being redundant when you say the phrase, "liberal media", don't ya think?

BTW---show me the pics? :D

TSC

scott1981 07-29-2008 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by BigTRQ (Post 3309850)
And there won't be, I'd say. Unless he kills the love child and his mistress, they won't say chit so that the Dems still look like roses to most of the "snowed over" country. Liberal media, I hate you.

:thumbsup: Yup, most Americans are really just the medias bitch. They choose to research nothing and believe all they are spoon fed.

po1911 07-29-2008 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by BigTRQ (Post 3309850)

uh, how long did the dummys in mass keep electing ted kennedy after he murdered his mistress :confused:

BigTRQ 07-29-2008 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by po1911 (Post 3309987)
uh, how long did the dummys in mass keep electing ted kennedy after he murdered his mistress :confused:

Unless there is an alternate version to the accepted story, he didn't murder her, per se; rather, he did have a hand in her death, but wouldn't call it murder. Not that I'm standing up for that liberal by any means. I just don't think of that as murder.

Screw50 07-29-2008 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by referee54 (Post 3309896)
Well, if your version of "credible media" is the National Enquirer, then it has to be absolutely, positively, without a doubt fact...;)

TSC

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm here? Are you saying the National Enquirer may embellish a bit? Say it isn't so!! If this is true, I am going to cancel my home delivery subscription.