F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.f150online.com/forums/general-discussion-55/)
-   -   Educated or Uneducated (https://www.f150online.com/forums/general-discussion/338413-educated-uneducated.html)

Bighersh 07-03-2008 08:39 PM

Educated or Uneducated

OK, if you think about it, I know many of you will agree some of our F150online peers are swift with the gift when it comes to telling others how "stupid/dense/dumb" they are, or how "uneducated" they are- about everything from trucks to scales of economy, right up to and including HVAC repair and pedicures.

Therefore, seeing that we haven't had a controversial thread that didn't involve Barak Obama, the superiority of the Toyota Tundra, or race-relations in a while, I thought I'd stir the proverbial pot with this educational- put up, or shut up.

I admit we all have varying levels of "education", some of it learned through experience and exposure, some of it absorbed from our parents and peer group, and some of it- the only portion of it that you can truly measure- from formal schooling.

We can call our opponent dumb when we disagree, or smart when they write something we agree with- but I for one would like to know just how educated everyone is...

Now, don't start with the, "Most of my friends who went to college are dumber than me" crap- or the equally tired "I graduated from the school of hard knocks" or the, "My certificates help me earn more money than most degrees will" stuff... There is no need for prerequisites or qualifiers, let's just put the cards on the table.

When it comes to formal education- how "educated" are you?

Don't lie... There aren't that many PhD's in the world... Law-school, and Med-school dropouts don't count. Let’s go with where you stopped (completed), or where you are now- in your formal education.

I'll go first. I've earned my:
  • HS Diploma
  • AAS: Business Management (Phi Theta Kappa)
  • BS: Human Resource training & Development (Phi Beta Kappa)
  • MBA: Master of Business Administration (In progress)

Too many certificates to count, but I'm stopping there, no PhD. for me.

So, fellow F150Onliners… how much education do you have?

Tumba 07-03-2008 08:58 PM

I was in the Army before my class graduated.
I did score a 27 on the ACT while I was in there. I did not study for it. I did however get my deploma.:beers:
I have taken a few college courses [at night of course] so I could run a business more efficiently.
Thats about it.

Bighersh 07-03-2008 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Tumba (Post 3277813)
I was in the Army before my class graduated.
I did score a 27 on the ACT while I was in there. I did not study for it. I did however get my deploma.:beers:
I have taken a few college courses [at night of course] so I could run a business more efficiently.
Thats about it.

The last time I checked, the max score on the ACT was 30, and you scored a 27?! You are without a doubt, college material...

Or lucky!

Just Kidding...

Screw50 07-03-2008 09:07 PM

2 years at an area college, Associate of Arts degree I think it was called. Geez Hersh, it's been a long time ago man! Good luck with your continuing education! I always enjoy your posts!

Peacemaker 07-03-2008 09:09 PM

* HS diploma
* Associates degree in Industial Electronics (Phi Theta Kappa, and National Dean's List, 3.703 GPA)

Bighersh 07-03-2008 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Peacemaker (Post 3277819)
* HS diploma
* Associates degree in Industial Electronics (Phi Theta Kappa, and National Dean's List, 3.703 GPA)

Hello fellow PTK member.

I once had someone tell me a person was vane (sp) if they took their GPA out three decimal places. LOL

Mine was 3.833 for the AAS, and 3.76 for the Bachelors.

So far, 3.6 on the MBA... I'm slipping! (Darn Accounting and Econ classes!)

referee54 07-03-2008 09:21 PM

BA in Communication, English, and Theater

M.Ed in Curriculum and Instruction

Tim C.

Raoul 07-03-2008 09:31 PM

I have been diagnosed as mildy uneducated.

I can drive a car and feed myself.
I do have the velcro shoes though.

wittom 07-03-2008 09:32 PM

Certificate of General Educational Development

Tumba 07-03-2008 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bighersh (Post 3277817)
The last time I checked, the max score on the ACT was 30, and you scored a 27?! You are without a doubt, college material...

Or lucky!

Just Kidding...

A twist in fate can take you down undesired paths:lol:

Screw50 07-03-2008 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Raoul (Post 3277841)
I have been diagnosed as mildy uneducated.

I can drive a car and feed myself.
I do have the velcro shoes though.

Raoul, I think you are holding out on us!! :D

Bighersh 07-03-2008 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Screw50 (Post 3277850)

Yeah, Raoul- even when he's being funny- has a wit about him, and in his style of writing that lets you know he's far more- than a simple goat herder who passes bad checks.

I think he's an articulate, highly-educated, simple goat herder who passes bad checks.

J/K Raoul...

Originally Posted by Tumba (Post 3277845)
A twist in fate can take you down undesired paths:lol:

Indeed it can...

A couple days earlier or later, one or two more pumps, and I'd have had a child at age 18. Thank God for answered prayers...

Lord, if you just let her not be pregnant, I promise I will never do that again... without a condom... :lol: (Don't act like it was just me...) The fear of 18 years of a child support payment will give an aethiest faith.

Yep, having a crumb-snatcher at 18 would have changed my life drastically... In fact, I'd probably be 100 pounds lighter, and still in the Army as an E-8, E-9, or some level of Warrant Officer by now, married (or divorced from) my HS girlfriend, with a 21 year old son or daughter.

chumFX4 07-03-2008 09:54 PM

AA Hotel/Restaurant Management
BSBA Business Administration
Florida Licensed Real Estate Appraiser Course (AB-1)
10 Months from my Certified General Real Estate Appraiser Designation
Associate Member of the Appraisal Institute

Raoul 07-03-2008 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Screw50 (Post 3277850)

If I was applying for a job I'd roll out my pedigree.
I can't recall the subject ever coming up amongst my friends. :)

dzervit 07-03-2008 10:00 PM

I am a college drop-out. College was just plain boring... got out in the working world. No regrets here.