Masters Degree

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 10:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Masters Degree

Ok, so i've finally picked a Masters that i'm going to pursue. My bachelors is in Computer and Information Systems, but i've decided to go for Safety Management. I graduate May 09 (a year) with my bachelors. I was wondering if any of you are in this field or know people that are cause i'd really like some advice. Everything i've read, the job outlook is good and the pay is good but i'm just reaching out for some advice.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats on graduating next year, I just graduated last week from Hopkins with a BS in MIS. Only took me 15 years

I'll probably go back and get my masters, just curious why you would jump fields, is the IT field that dead in WV? Depending on where you live you aren't that far from the second best IT community in the country in Northern Virginia.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:05 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recieved my BS in MIS back in 2004. And I am in the construction field. Its not what you know its who you know that makes you money. There is no way I am going through anymore school. The only reason I can see someone getting their masters is if you want to become a professor.

Old 05-28-2008, 12:59 AM
The IT field isn't dead, its just I don't think that is what I want to do the rest of my life. I am WAY to far to switch majors now, so i'll just graduate with it and was looking onto my masters. The program i'm graduating from is half business/half computer systems so I really don't feel I have the "background" to go on for my masters in the computer field.

Old 05-28-2008, 05:25 AM
Charleston or Morgantown is probably your only hopes of a job with your BA if you wanted to stay in state.

Quick Reply: Masters Degree