Bible Inconsistencies: for EnglishAdam, Oxlander, and DrFranko.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 03:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bible Inconsistencies: for EnglishAdam, Oxlander, and DrFranko.

Here you go guys... I've hooked you up with another thread to keep from ruining another thread with completely off topic posts. Go ahead and Bash the Bible here. If you need another thread started for the Koran or something to hate on Buddhists about let me know. Post away...

Old 01-09-2008, 03:48 AM
Ha, I'm in. It's a slow day at work anyway.

Lets all state or positions first. I would class myself as an Agnostic.

I say the Bible is an fairy story riddled with inaccuracies.

What do you say?

Lets keep it civil and have a rational discussion which will make a nice change from all the Tundra threads

Old 01-09-2008, 04:00 AM
I'm merely here as a sounding board. I'll read whatever you post and give you some opinions here and there. Of course I'll call bull @%$# if something seems absurd, but feel free to spout all you like. Obviously a slow night for me as well.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:40 AM

Old 01-09-2008, 07:52 AM
I'm all in. Not quite sure on my position, though. I'm a Learner. I just want to know all there is to learn about all of 'em. Was raised Pentecostal, so I was never allowed to read anyhting if it weren't Bible. I've got nothing good right now. Give me a while.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by EnglishAdam
Ha, I'm in. It's a slow day at work anyway.

Lets all state or positions first. I would class myself as an Agnostic.

I say the Bible is an fairy story riddled with inaccuracies.

What do you say?

Lets keep it civil and have a rational discussion which will make a nice change from all the Tundra threads
Wow, that just rocked my world and turned my belief system upside down. Oh wait, you said NOTHING! Could we please have some examples.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by Shinesintx
Wow, that just rocked my world and turned my belief system upside down. Oh wait, you said NOTHING! Could we please have some examples.
I think what he's trying to say is that he believes the bible was written to be a work of art and not fact.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Suspended
s2krn I know your intentions were good on getting post back ontopic... At the same time within 24 hours your made a political and religious thread.

I hate you

Old 01-09-2008, 12:00 PM
Location: south western NYS Latitude: 42.34 N, Longitude: 78.46 W
This is a great thread. The bible should be used only to hold open a door. Its a worthless waste of trees and ink. It comes in many varieties and leads to dead to some (or most ) who read it. It a simple tail made up many years ago to make someone somewhere some extra cash or maybe a meal and a place to stay. to be continued

Old 01-09-2008, 12:25 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
The word agnostic comes the Greek root word gnosis which means knowledge. The agnostic will try make something out of an issue or a situation that isn't real. Example: an agnostic will say that Judas did Jesus a favor by turning him in and collecting a bounty. Jesus was then able to free himself of the human body and because of Judas, was able to go to heaven. The agnostic will also use an English version of the Bible to argue points of text when the English version is a translated version of the Bible and some of the text in Hebrew cannot be translated, like the name of God. So the arguments are dumb at best. An Athiest is usually a person that has had some trauma in their life and is out of touch with their spiritual side. There are very few old Athiest and fewer die as an Athiest. If you are a church counselor, you know that any arguement with an Athiest is a waste of time. Like Jesus, you can give them the word and make the teachings available but you can't make someone believe who already has a closed mind.

I suppose this should start this thread hummin'. Next.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by scott1981
s2krn I know your intentions were good on getting post back ontopic... At the same time within 24 hours your made a political and religious thread.

I hate you
Thank you thank you thank you. Maybe I'll run for President and y'all can all say you knew me when I was a little guy... like all the other normal people out there. Hate me... I don't need any more friends. I'm here to get everyone else fired up. Get to posting crackers!

Old 01-09-2008, 12:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Ugh, I need some Kool Aid.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Stealth
Ugh, I need some Kool Aid.
Sip sip pass

Old 01-09-2008, 01:00 PM
I went to a Unitarian Universalist church last Sunday. Pretty Sweet. They taught a message out of the bible, then talked about how the gospels weren't even written by the actual people it is named after, and about 100 years after their time. Pretty awesome to be a church.

Old 01-09-2008, 01:03 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Hitched_Gibson
I went to a Unitarian Universalist church last Sunday. Pretty Sweet. They taught a message out of the bible, then talked about how the gospels weren't even written by the actual people it is named after, and about 100 years after their time. Pretty awesome to be a church.
Yeah, but how accurate is their proof?

Quick Reply: Bible Inconsistencies: for EnglishAdam, Oxlander, and DrFranko.