looks like it might be goodbye.

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 04:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks like it might be goodbye.

well i have my flame suit on so i am ready. but i figured i would let u guys know i am most likely getting rid of my truck sometime next week. i have some money issues and i need something with a cheaper payment and better on gas. so i am picking up a 2007 toyota tacoma. trd, quad cab. payment are going to be alot cheaper and i wont be at the gas station everyday, lol. i loved the f 150 just not working for me rihgt now. so now i am on to ebay to sell my edge and the factory rims and tires i still have i wont be needing them anymore. i enjoyed all the threads here and discusions we had i will stick around and needle u guys from time to time still

Old 06-16-2007, 05:00 PM
Have fun with the Taco.

At least you aren't going for a Prius.

Old 06-16-2007, 05:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you were going for lower payment and better milage, shoulda gone with a 4 banger Ranger...

Old 06-16-2007, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by dbhost
If you were going for lower payment and better milage, shoulda gone with a 4 banger Ranger...
lol that was a good one,

Old 06-16-2007, 05:49 PM
I wouldn't drive a 4-cylinder Ranger if someone gave it to me. There is no comparison between a Ranger and a Tacoma. Ford has ignored the small pickup truck segment since 1995. If I was you, I would check out the Frontier also allrsdup. More horsepower, more towing capacity, and lower cost than Toyota. Same warranty too. Good luck whatever you get.

Old 06-16-2007, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by 02SuperCrew4X
I wouldn't drive a 4-cylinder Ranger if someone gave it to me. There is no comparison between a Ranger and a Tacoma. Ford has ignored the small pickup truck segment since 1995. If I was you, I would check out the Frontier also allrsdup. More horsepower, more towing capacity, and lower cost than Toyota. Same warranty too. Good luck whatever you get.
i agree with everything u said i would not take a ranger for free. i drove the fronty and the taco and i love the taco. rides like a dream and very sharp looking interior outlet in the bed for 110volt. bed rail system its a real nice ride. the fronty is nice too but i really like the taco

Old 06-16-2007, 05:59 PM
Graphics Contributor

I want a tacoma!

so, if you don't mind, what are the payments gonna be? Lease? Finance?
I got some good tacoma forums if you want em too along with some DIY mods.

-JB

Old 06-16-2007, 06:03 PM
I went from a Tacoma Double Cab to the F150 Super Crew Cab. Fuel economy on the Tacoma was 19. MPG on the F150 is 16.5. For the extra fuel I have lots more truck.

If I were to downsize the Tacoma would be my choice - nice features and very good quality.

Good luck with the Toyota

Kenny

Old 06-16-2007, 06:53 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Weren't you going to sell your truck last year too?

Old 06-16-2007, 07:43 PM
Funny you are trading down into a Tacoma.
I had a Tacoma, a 2003 Extended cab, TRD Prerunner,
3.4 V-6, auto. Never got better than 17mpg, town, highway,
driving like an egg on gas pedal....did not matter 17mpg.
Straw that broke the Tacos back,
I was carring ten bahs of concrete and twelve 4x4 posts.
Drove thru an intersection, 25 mph, they were repaving the cross road
had about a 2" rise and the Tacoma bottomed out.
So here was my delemia, 17mpg, small truck, can not haul crap.
New F150, 14/19 advertised mpg, I get 16 in towm and 19.5 highway.

The Tacomas are nice, just too great of a loss for me.

Old 06-16-2007, 07:52 PM
Suspended
The "gas excuse" is completely inapplicable here, with such an insanely small difference it won't even be noticeable. As for the lesser "payment," that is basically "American" for a fresh loan with different terms that actually means more debt, but I pay less now!

Either way, good luck with that... shame to see such a nicely modded truck be sold for such poor reasons

Old 06-16-2007, 08:37 PM
You should look into a 2007 F150 4.6 V8 2W Supercab or Reg Cab you should get the same or better MPG. I am getting 20 mpg highway driving. If you run Amsoil or any other synth you should be looking at a consistent 19-21 mpg highway. If i was you I would rent it for a week and see for yourself before committing yourself to a Jap truck. Don't believe the hype. I have a camry great MPG but i have 25k miles on it right. I thought about changing the fuel filter, I could not, it was inside the gas tank. poor paint job, Paint is peeling and it has been consistently garaged. T customer service is as bad if not worse than Ford. The only difference you pay a premium for poor customer support. I am only giving you my small experience with one of their product. I do not know much about the Tacoma. But do you research before buying one of their trucks. and Don't believe their mpg estimates. Ask the users and look for any T forum for some anwsers before you embark in journey with Toyo.

Old 06-16-2007, 09:27 PM
well everyone i can understand your frustration with me, lol. here is the deal. i had a taco a while back. it was a 99' i loved that truck it was lifted 33" swamper's and i still got better mileage then the ford. i get 14 on the highway. i had my wifes trailblazer for a few days only and used half the gas i would have used on the f150. and i am saving 100$ a month i understand it is starting over but i am in a financial crisis right now and every dime i can save each month is very important and i dont have the cash to buy something used. the f150 is more truck then i realistically need anyway.

none the less i am very happy to be getting back into a Tacoma. i wish i never sold my last one to be honest there just excellent trucks. best mid size on the market for years and i definatly with gas prices the way they are unless i get rich one day i don't see myself in a full size truck anytime soon.

Old 06-16-2007, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by Stealth
Weren't you going to sell your truck last year too?

yes i was. same reason. only now i have a buyer, lol

Old 06-16-2007, 09:36 PM
No need for flaming as your reasoning is very credible.

Toyota Tacoma's are GREAT trucks as I'm also about to pick up a brand new one in the next couple of weeks.... except mine will partner the Ford.

My current secondary - everyday ride - truck [ 2001 GMC Sonoma with 70+K] is starting to slowly, but surely, fall apart. No fault of the truck's.... I've just abused the crap out of it over the years.

Good luck to you in your future endeavours.

Quick Reply: looks like it might be goodbye.